Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Wait a month for the non-LE emails to come out. We can add them to the survey and then you'll be able to see if the offroad package changes anything.

From the previous posts, it sounds like the production schedule is set for now, so changing things most likely won't change what your email says. They probably rushed the LE email to meet the Thanksgiving deadline.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
2/19/19.

By the way, as close as you are to the Mothership, I'm guessing you see R1T's on the road every day, right? That might drive me a little crazy. ?
I haven't seen one yet, but it would make me smile more than anything.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Got the email: March to April, 2022

Order Date 1/5/2019
R1T Launch Edition:
Large pack Included
LA Silver Included
20” All-Terrain wheels Included
Full-size spare $800
Off-Road Upgrade $2,000
Black Mountain Included
All-Weather Floor Mats $175
Field Kit $150
Air Compressor Accessories $60

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now July - September 2022.

I'm out!! This isn't spring 2022! This is very disappointing. Not sure stock is going to hold up well
My date is also the same for my R1T, EL Cap Granit, 21 " wheels ordered 12/26/2019. I guess I need to add my reservation to my estate plan, maybe my children can enjoy this truck after Rivian gets it production act together. Too many over promises with under delivery. This is the fourth deliver date they have missed for me!

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
THAT's why I want the guide call. I'm hoping something can actually give accurate info on things like this.
Should be something simple, but it proves they still aren't ready for production. We don't see any vehicles without the off road upgrade. they can't answer simple questions about the off road upgrade either. I want a straight answer - "if you remove the off road upgrade the delay will be...". I mean, it's crazy. It costs $2,000 and we don't know exactly what we are getting for it.

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
LE R1S
launch green
ocean coast interior
20" wheels
off-road upgrade
spare tire
cargo crossbars
kayak mount

wall charger

all-weather floor mats

field kit
ordered Sept 2020
delivery July-Sept 2022
Connecticut

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Max

roth_nj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
mechanical engineer
So… I might need to reevaluate my plan. I have a jeep gladiator and I love it… but get 16 mpg and am going to have to slowly start going to the office more and more (but not really full time)…

Put in an order sept 21. With the buzz and stuff starting I figured I would wait until summer 22 and I was fine with that… now I’m guessing 23 at least. Probably not going to be able to get a lightning any time soon, but I can go pick up a Mach e right now (looked at the id4 and probably like them better but would need to get a trailer for some light duty if I’m losing the truck and the Mach e has a higher rating).

We almost always end up owing like 10k federal so I could actually use it this year and if I get lucky with the rivian in 22 use it again

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

So… I might need to reevaluate my plan. I have a jeep gladiator and I love it… but get 16 mpg and am going to have to slowly start going to the office more and more (but not really full time)…

Put in an order sept 21. With the buzz and stuff starting I figured I would wait until summer 22 and I was fine with that… now I’m guessing 23 at least. Probably not going to be able to get a lightning any time soon, but I can go pick up a Mach e right now (looked at the id4 and probably like them better but would need to get a trailer for some light duty if I’m losing the truck and the Mach e has a higher rating).

We almost always end up owing like 10k federal so I could actually use it this year and if I get lucky with the rivian in 22 use it again
I'm in a similar boat with 9/21 preorder but I still think late 2022 is in play based on the ramp concept. First, it won't be a linear progression of production speed and second I think there was a big slowdown in preorders between late 2020 and 9/21 when the first media coverage started coming out so realistically someone with a 9/21 order date may not be that far behind someone with a 9/20 preorder date.

That said, I started thinking the same thing to get a EV this year and bank the tax credit to use as a daily driver until my truck is ready, but there really aren't a lot of options. I'm partial to the ID.4 but doing some research, it sounds like pretty much every car on the lot is spoken for at least in my neck of the woods. I've looked at pretty much everything within 250 miles and every single one I've seen is a reservation holder car. The Mach E may be more readily available (I haven't looked around) but it's $10k more than the ID.4 and at that point I don't know that the short term thing makes sense.

Conman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, CRV
Occupation
Retired
Partly out of frustration with almost daily delays on my Tesla order I ordered an R1S Adventure w/spare, Silver on Ocean, 7 seat on 10-01-21. Since then it has been cricks from Rivian. Original expectation for delivery was Q4 22. Now hearing all of you early reservation holders talk of long delays I can see my potential delivery sometime in Q2 23.
Is this a sign of disorganization in the Rivian management ranks combined with emphasing commercial van production? All the cash in the world will not make up for a lack of production strategy. At least at this point they are not lying like Tesla.

Sponsored

roth_nj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
mechanical engineer
I'm in a similar boat with 9/21 preorder but I still think late 2022 is in play based on the ramp concept. First, it won't be a linear progression of production speed and second I think there was a big slowdown in preorders between late 2020 and 9/21 when the first media coverage started coming out so realistically someone with a 9/21 order date may not be that far behind someone with a 9/20 preorder date.

That said, I started thinking the same thing to get a EV this year and bank the tax credit to use as a daily driver until my truck is ready, but there really aren't a lot of options. I'm partial to the ID.4 but doing some research, it sounds like pretty much every car on the lot is spoken for at least in my neck of the woods. I've looked at pretty much everything within 250 miles and every single one I've seen is a reservation holder car. The Mach E may be more readily available (I haven't looked around) but it's $10k more than the ID.4 and at that point I don't know that the short term thing makes sense.
There seems to be enough supply around me of both… oddly all off them optioned to cost around 45k… I think I’m partial to the VW too but towing a 850 lb quad, the Ford will be better suited

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

There seems to be enough supply around me of both… oddly all off them optioned to cost around 45k… I think I’m partial to the VW too but towing a 850 lb quad, the Ford will be better suited
That is odd. That said, for the ID.4 there are a lot of them that show up on Cars.com or Truecar, but then when you ask the dealer about it they tell me that it's reserved and every car they will get before year end is reserved. Not sure why they are listing them as part of their inventory if they are spoken for but, what are you going to do.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired