When is your delivery window?

• Total voters

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

But those folks are getting their vehicles now not 4 years later ..... Range 329 .... 21 miles off. Thats the goverments estimate and if it actually gets more than 350 in real life ?
According to the article that i just read the 329 figure is actually GMs estimate based on EPA style testing. Apparently based on the size of the Hummer EPA testing is not required so they aren't doing it. They added the caveat of range being impacted by environmental factors, so 329 likely represents a best case scenario. Not only did they under deliver from their goal by nearly 10%, but they did it with a ridiculously inefficient drivetrain. A 135kwh Rivian in conserve can probably get you as good or better range than a 200kwh Hummer. That's insane!

Oh and the Hummer STARTS at $40k more than a LE R1T! That's before the bajillion options that they are offering.
Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Received my delivery date update today, and not the news I wanted to hear but been patient waiting…as so many of us have been. I am a preorder LE Glazer White Forest Green configurator and expected delivery date is April-May 2022. My pre-order date was 11/26/2018 …and in Orlando.
R1S or R1T?

What is going on here?

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
According to the article that i just read the 329 figure is actually GMs estimate based on EPA style testing. Apparently based on the size of the Hummer EPA testing is not required so they aren't doing it. They added the caveat of range being impacted by environmental factors, so 329 likely represents a best case scenario. Not only did they under deliver from their goal by nearly 10%, but they did it with a ridiculously inefficient drivetrain. A 135kwh Rivian in conserve can probably get you as good or better range than a 200kwh Hummer. That's insane!

Oh and the Hummer STARTS at $40k more than a LE R1T! That's before the bajillion options that they are offering.
329 miles for the truck (nowhere near 400 miles GM), which has a larger battery then the SUV.

Wouldn't be surprised if the "entry Hummer" that still costs 80k will only get in the low 200's for range. Not impressed, but do like the rear wheel steering (nothing new there though).

Again... I'm upset about the Rivian delays, but nothing is even remotely compelling to me as an alternative.

I wouldn't really even consider any other EV... But I am really liking the 2022 RR PHEV.

My Rivian stock is gonna have to hit 300 before that'll be in the driveway.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am a Max Pack R1T pre-order as well. NO EMAIL.

I chatted with Rivian today. The response was "Adventure customers will get an email at the end of the year with a delivery window."
End of the year, but do you think we'll see our vehicles anytime in the not too distant future?

"Launch Edition"? Like is it even a thing? I mean 2018 non-LE preorders are going to get an email by year end, well what will they tell us?

I was told by CS already I could still expect my vehicle (Max Pack R1T) in the first quarter of the year. So if they're mixing and matching vehicles to owners, interchanging dates for LE orders, but still supposedly delivering non-LE vehicles to those who ordered early enough, then LE is basically an option/trim level and shouldn't be predicating when you get your vehicle at all.

LE should be just a special (not special) trim line that you can order, while your order date determines when you get your vehicle.

So by year end thousands of preorders holders who didn't order LE models are supposed to get emails that can hypothetically sling shot them ahead of LE orders as far as the estimated date of their vehicle delivery?

Thats kinda what Rivian CS is implying, but know knows?

Last edited:

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Again... I'm upset about the Rivian delays, but nothing is even remotely compelling to me as an alternative.

I wouldn't really even consider any other EV... But I am really liking the 2022 RR PHEV.
When the delivery dates started coming out and I started feeling like my non LE truck will be later than I had probably hoped I started thinking about other options that I could realistically get sooner, and I came up blank. If you don't already have a reservation for a Lightning or Hummer there's no way you get it before a Rivian. Everything else is either "announced" or "planned" which realistically means it's a year + off from even starting delivery and that might be conservative.

Oak62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 C7 Z51
I’m curious, for any of you that received the timeline email, is your order already locked? Or are you still waiting to lock that in (color, wheels, interior)? It would be difficult to plan production without some of that data.

Take wheels alone, with several choices to pick from and assuming that people will mostly pick from one of three: 20”, 21” or 22” (excluding the black ones and not seen much models) that is 50k preorders x 4 wheels per vehicle = 200,000 wheels. But if it is flexible, you will need more, like up to 600,000 to handle changes.
Not a perfect example, but there are a lot of logistics to deal with.
Nope, order isn't locked. Haven't spoken with a guide either. I would assume that'll happen in the next month or two.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hey, did all the LE holders get their guide assigned today? Wasn't that supposed to be the other 50% of the November contact?

Sponsored

Cooper

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tahoe Duramax
Jan 21 order. R1S
No communication from Rivian to date!

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Looks like im gonna get my Ford Lightning before my Rivian... scored pretty low reservation number. I think if you reserve one of those now youre probably gonna be even further out than the Rivian... probably 2024ish. Insane!
My hunch is that even first day Lightning reservation holders (I’m one of them)wont see their trucks till December 2022 at the earliest.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Jucapirama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X; Model 3
Delivery window of June / July 2022

R1T, LE, Seattle Area. Reservation was 11/2020

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Bummer, I did not get an email. Will be contacting via chat in the morning.
Sponsored