April-May 2022
R1S Launch Edition
11/29/18 Reservation
Glacier White, Ocean Coast interior, 22" Sport Dark wheels
Salt Lake City, UT
Interesting—
I’m also in SLC
R1S LE El Cap/Black/22”
My reservation was 8/2019, and my estimated delivery is June/July 2022.
Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

April-May 2022, Preordered 11/18 during the reveal. R1S LE, Off road package, 20". SF Bay Area.

Looks like folks who pre-ordered up a year later have the same delivery window. Suggests they are hoping to ramp aggressively to have a bolus of cars to release in the summer. i.e. non-linear growth in production with an inflection early Spring 2022. Disappointed that a very early pre-order offers no real benefit in time to delivery, but they're heads down, moving as fast as possible, i'm sure. Sounds about right overall. Now if they miss the spring timelines and push things back yet again... I'd expect a very negative response on the market.
Excellent big picture comments.

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
Am I the only non-LE that wants their delivery pushed out as much as possible?

I'm in no rush as I just bought a new Telluride and I also want as many issues worked out on earlier deliveries as possible.
I’m in the same boat you are in. I am hoping for early to mid-2023; that’s my sweet spot. So while I feel for everyone who is disappointed by the delayed timetables, for those of us who were hoping to skip 2022 entirely not the worst news.

Sponsored

PineTree503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PreOrder
April - May 2022

Here we go!!!

R1T, Forest Green, Launch Edition, 20" AT Wheels, Ocean Coast

09/2019 Reservation - Milwaukee.

Looks like they lumped us in with Chicago deliveries as I hoped they would.

Sample screenshot posted by @ajbrutman

5F7AAF7D-D30A-4BFB-9E90-0AFED65968E4.jpeg
LE, R1T, El Cap Granite, 20" ATW, Aug 19, PDX OR Delivery May-Jun 2022

Sparkie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Sky Tacoma Ford
Occupation
Self
Received my delivery date update today, and not the news I wanted to hear but been patient waiting…as so many of us have been. I am a preorder LE Glazer White Forest Green configurator and expected delivery date is April-May 2022. My pre-order date was 11/26/2018 …and in Orlando.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

There goes any chance of getting my R1T in 2022. One disappointing trend in the data that we're seeing is that it really doesn't look like Rivian is planning to ramp. There's currently an identical number of reports all through June at which point they switch to R1S. They're really planning to ship like 300 cars per month for all of 2022, lol.

How can I help Ford ramp production of the lightning to hopefully knock some of you out of the queue ??
My R1S date is May-June, as are many others. Not clear to me what you mean by switch to R1S…..

robhansen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Your Launch Edition R1T delivery window is now April - May 2022.

Delivery to San Francisco Bay Area.
Rivian Blue, 21" wheels, Ocean Coast interior.
December 2019 pre-order.

Sponsored

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
LE, R1S, Launch Green, Black Mountain, 20" ATW, No off-road package, Jul 20, Baltimore, MD:
Delivery Jul -Sep 2022

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Am I the only non-LE that wants their delivery pushed out as much as possible?

I'm in no rush as I just bought a new Telluride and I also want as many issues worked out on earlier deliveries as possible.
I have a 2011 BMW wagon that is too small for my extended family and is over 100k miles, so I have a fairly pressing need. Otherwise, I’d be totally with you!

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Presumably they couldn't say more because of the IPO, but they could have included this in their S-1 and possibly prevented a stock sell off? It feels like a very weird decision. You know about a four month delay more than mere days before the promised delivery date. Even if they didn't have the exact timeframe, they could have let people planning for the purchase know that it wouldn't be happening and to stay tuned. They say they like to under promise and over deliver (and they promised better communication about delivery timeframes back in The summer), but that hasn't really been my experience. I'm not RAGING but I'm definitely like wtf
It simply was not a smart way to develop a great customer experience.

It certainly could have been handled better.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Nope!

Max Pack R1T 11/27/18

Nothing in my email.

Eub8.gif
I am a Max Pack R1T pre-order as well. NO EMAIL.

I chatted with Rivian today. The response was "Adventure customers will get an email at the end of the year with a delivery window."

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
I’m curious, for any of you that received the timeline email, is your order already locked? Or are you still waiting to lock that in (color, wheels, interior)? It would be difficult to plan production without some of that data.

Take wheels alone, with several choices to pick from and assuming that people will mostly pick from one of three: 20”, 21” or 22” (excluding the black ones and not seen much models) that is 50k preorders x 4 wheels per vehicle = 200,000 wheels. But if it is flexible, you will need more, like up to 600,000 to handle changes.
Not a perfect example, but there are a lot of logistics to deal with.
Sponsored