• Total voters

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I'm sorry but this was abundantly clear at the time. LE delivery date estimates were listed and they were always several months ahead of the first non-LEs. Everybody on the forums getting a max pack at the time griped about it not being available to LEs because of the delayed delivery factor.
I’ve repeated this multiple times: it’s a matter of degree. Some LE holders are getting quoted for slots way into next year. Those quotes probably have the most uncertainty. If they aren’t going to produce any non-LE order until LE orders are exhausted (seems likely) then many non-LE order holders can safely assume they’re going to be 2023 or beyond. That includes people who have already been in line for three years.

I don’t care that LE is prioritized or that Rivian communicated it. I was never going to opt for LE because that combo of features didn’t work for me. What’s increasingly clear is that they aren’t going to be able to get the production line running at anything close to capacity for a year or more and that reduces the odds that I’ll bother to wait around. No big deal and I’m sure others will be thrilled to move up one slot closer.
Sponsored

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
I’ve repeated this multiple times: it’s a matter of degree. Some LE holders are getting quoted for slots way into next year. Those quotes probably have the most uncertainty. If they aren’t going to produce any non-LE order until LE orders are exhausted (seems likely) then many non-LE order holders can safely assume they’re going to be 2023 or beyond. That includes people who have already been in line for three years.

I don’t care that LE is prioritized or that Rivian communicated it. I was never going to opt for LE because that combo of features didn’t work for me. What’s increasingly clear is that they aren’t going to be able to get the production line running at anything close to capacity for a year or more and that reduces the odds that I’ll bother to wait around. No big deal and I’m sure others will be thrilled to move up one slot closer.
Deliveries of Hummer Edition 1 pickup, with 329-mile range, to start in December

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
There goes any chance of getting my R1T in 2022. One disappointing trend in the data that we're seeing is that it really doesn't look like Rivian is planning to ramp. There's currently an identical number of reports all through June at which point they switch to R1S. They're really planning to ship like 300 cars per month for all of 2022, lol.

How can I help Ford ramp production of the lightning to hopefully knock some of you out of the queue ??

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Deliveries of Hummer Edition 1 pickup, with 329-mile range, to start in December
Haha. Where’s the link and what colors do they come in??? :)

Not certain it will fit in my garage tho…

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
apparently they didn't hit their 350+ mile range with a 200 kWh battery huh? Gonna be hilarious to see people freak out about how inefficient the hummer is.

Sponsored

Jafresh

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE LG, 2023 R1S LE El Cap
Occupation
Concrete Polisher
11/19 Pre Order
R1T LE LG BM
NY
March/April 22

I’m disappointed of course in the delay but pleased as it seems to be an earlier date than many earlier pre orders. Now I have the guilty feeling like in cut in line and people are looking at me funny. Must be the location near service center.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Oops, maybe I should have gotten an LE instead of waiting. Glad to see that being an early-ish (April 2019) reservation holder doesn’t make a difference.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
In case you didn’t get the email and want see the survey results and don’t want to put a B.S. answer to see it, here is the latest:

1637711326363.png
They still seem to be ramping R1T before R1S. I'm a little surprised.

I wonder if the 5 "earlier" votes real, or mistakes.

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas
Looks like im gonna get my Ford Lightning before my Rivian... scored pretty low reservation number. I think if you reserve one of those now youre probably gonna be even further out than the Rivian... probably 2024ish. Insane!
Do you have a reservation number?

Ribeye

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
63 Lincoln
get this link into Post #1!
Am I the only one fascinated by the fact that they tell the LE preorder holders that non-LE preorder holders will get an email in December. However, they haven’t taken the time to tell non-LE preorder holders that they can expect an email in December. Hopefully they take some of the IPO dollars and hire a head of marketing and communications that can actually do the job.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Am I the only one fascinated by the fact that they tell the LE preorder holders that non-LE preorder holders will get an email in December. However, they haven’t taken the time to tell non-LE preorder holders that they can expect an email in December. Hopefully they take some of the IPO dollars and hire a head of marketing and communications that can actually do the job.
I don't know what you're talking about, I'm still expecting Adventure pack deliveries to start in January. :clap:

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Didn't get a chance to read the whole thread yet, just saw my e-mail!

R1S Launch Edition, with 21" All-Season Wheels, El Cap Granite exterior and Ocean Coast interior
August 2020 Reservation
Texas

I actually am planning to change to 20" All-Terrain, hopefully this doesn't push me back any further! Honestly though, I'm in no rush.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Just eyeballing the posts, looks like they are sorting by order date mainly. With R1Ts starting a bit earlier.
Yes. Ordered R1T and R!S on same day — delivery window of S is one month later.

LordUlhtred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I seem to recall few of forum members has been asked by Rivian guide to lock their configuration. Can one of you chime in and let us know what is your new schedule? I would imagine that those with lock in configuration would be the first to get their cars.
Sponsored