First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Wonder if we'll get our non-launch-edition R1S before the end of 2022... September 2021 reservation.
I was wondering the same thing. Adventure R1S two row reserved in September 2019. ??‍♂
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Yes, you might be right, but will hold out hope for Sep 22…..was thinking to game the system and change location to Irvine CA and then drive to LA/Long Beach and ship it myself
I was going to suggest something similar, just find a barge to float that bad boy over to the big island ?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
A friend of mine has already been given a January (maybe February) delivery estimate. I’m wondering if this has now changed since emails going out. I shot him a text, but haven’t heard anything.
Mine hasn't changed. Yet...

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
April-May 2022, Preordered 11/18 during the reveal. R1S LE, Off road package, 20". SF Bay Area.

Looks like folks who pre-ordered up a year later have the same delivery window. Suggests they are hoping to ramp aggressively to have a bolus of cars to release in the summer. i.e. non-linear growth in production with an inflection early Spring 2022. Disappointed that a very early pre-order offers no real benefit in time to delivery, but they're heads down, moving as fast as possible, i'm sure. Sounds about right overall. Now if they miss the spring timelines and push things back yet again... I'd expect a very negative response on the market.

jmoore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey, R1T LE El Cap 20" Bright
I think many of us would have chose differently had we known a the time how long this would all take.
Agreed. I specifically did not choose LE because I need a car next year not this year. Now it looks like an LE would have been perfect.

They will most likely lose my business because of the delays. Never imagined this possibility two years ago when I put in my order.

Sponsored

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
I think this is the earliest R1S I've seen. Nice!
Yes! I have same config but pre-ordered April 28, 2019...May-June '22...so looks like pre-order day is still in calculus.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
As a non-LE order holder, it’s interesting to me that the launch editions seem to be the only thing they intend to ship in 2022. Noticing several orders well after my order now getting delivery just by choosing the LE. I don’t remember Rivian suggesting that you’d receive delivery sooner if you switched to LE when it was an option but had I known that I’ll be getting my truck a year later then perhaps I would have chosen differently.
I'm sorry but this was abundantly clear at the time. LE delivery date estimates were listed and they were always several months ahead of the first non-LEs. Everybody on the forums getting a max pack at the time griped about it not being available to LEs because of the delayed delivery factor.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I'm sorry but this was abundantly clear at the time. LE delivery date estimates were listed and they were always several months ahead of the first non-LEs. Everybody on the forums getting a max pack at the time griped about it not being available to LEs because of the delayed delivery factor.
Correct. It was listed everywhere. It's still on the website even:
What is Launch Edition?
The first Electric Adventure Vehicles on the road will be our Launch Edition — a special release of the R1T and R1S with limited availability in 2021
The first R1T trucks will be our Launch Edition
Launch Edition: Select this configuration and you'll be among the first in line for an Electric Adventure Vehicle
The first Rivian R1T pickups will be delivered to customers in the United States in June 2021, with the first R1S SUVs being delivered in August. Versions other than Launch Edition models will be available in January, 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Yikes, I haven't gotten mine yet, April 2021 R1S order, but I expect a 2023 date, which, if confirmed, means I'm out. Wife won't wait that long, I've already strained her patience with our little car for too long. Hoping some folks drop out before I have to make the final cancellation at the end of Q1, otherwise it's an XC90 Recharge lease. Old platform but pretty much anything is an upgrade for us right now. :confused:

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
I hope for everyone's sanity that all these email recipients are LE's.
I think these are only LE orders. I actually have two orders placed at similar times, one is an LE but one is for the Max Pack (wanted to see which one comes first). I only got one email today so I'm assuming that is the LE.

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Agreed. I specifically did not choose LE because I need a car next year not this year. Now it looks like an LE would have been perfect.

They will most likely lose my business because of the delays. Never imagined this possibility two years ago when I put in my order.
Right there with you brother....Reserved my R1T in april 2019. wanted max pack so didn't go LE. Didn't realize it would delay my order over a year and allow people who reserved literally a year after me to get their vehicle before I did. SUCKs!!!!!

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
1637707436377.png

It's in the description even today.
Yes that is correct .... HOWEVER they never told 2018 & 2019 NON LE pre order folks it will take 4 years to get your vehicle .....