First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf
Occupation
Air force
Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now July - September 2022.

I'm out!! This isn't spring 2022! This is very disappointing. Not sure stock is going to hold up well
You could always order a Model X and wait until November instead.
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
They were not clear about ONLY delivering LE vehicles for a solid year or more. That was never communicated before today. Unless they are going to start feathering in non-LE orders into this production schedule — which seems highly unlikely — they are basically admitting that their production lines will be nowhere near capacity for the duration of 2022. I suspect a lot of non-LE order holders might start to look elsewhere. Myself included.

If you can’t fathom why Rivian should be concerned about prioritizing the deliver of a vehicle to someone that will have had a deposit in place for 4 years, well, I don’t know what to tell you. Sounds like a good strategy to piss off a lot of folks. I’ve only had an order in place for 1.5 years but eventually I’m going to lose interest if I get strung along too far.
I think they've always been clear on this: LEs get priority, though there is the possibility that some very early non-LEs will get delivered before the last LEs. I get that it's a bummer, but when there's a limited "launch" edition advertised as coming with priority delivery, and you elect not to buy it, you should expect your place in line to be impacted.

The early deposits got us the ability to buy an LE, and from this thread appear to give us priority within our LE cohort, but we can't expect them to do more than that.

As for the rest of your message - all correct. This doesn't bode well for production ramp up unless there are way more LE orders than anyone thought.

Amoroso6

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 diesel Chevy bolt
Occupation
Bakery owner
So early 2019 launch addition Triad NC now June delivery. Way longer than I thought. I may need to cancel, order another Ev to lease and reorder in a couple years. Don't want to drive an ice for the next 7 months, just turned my Tesla in this month now driving my farm truck.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
This seems to be a very optimistic (and maybe rudimentary) delivery schedule.
It appears all launch edition vehicles (R1T and R1S), approximately 50000 vehicles
(my guess), have delivery dates from March through September which is 7 months.
They have 50k preorders total. Lots of those are NOT Launch Edition, which sold out in less than a week. We don't know the number of LEs, but I'm guessing your math has to be adjusted substantially, maybe by an order of magnitude.

MDER04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla M3P, '23 Rivian R1S, '15 Infiniti QX60
Occupation
Physician
Long-time lurker, first time posting...

I have an August 2021 R1S pre-order. No email yet. Has anybody with a summer or later pre-order received their delivery window email yet? Thanks.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

June-July 2022
R1S Launch Edition
1/31/20 Reservation
El Cap, Ocean Coast, 20", Off-Road Package

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
So looks like the R1T is scheduled to start deliveries in March. Or Rivian has already started delivering and is taking a 2 month holiday with their IPO money. Could be either!

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
All I have to say is that I will be out of the country for almost the entire month of March and did not expect to have to wait until Q2 for my Rivian after being told Nov as recently as last week.

Anyone have a spare truck I can use? lololol ughhhh

X_X

R1T Launch Edition, Launch Green, Black Mountain, 20in All Terrain
San Francisco
November 30, 2021 (as of Monday too...)
March - April 2022
12/2018, #3174

Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Long-time lurker, first time posting...

I have an August 2021 R1S pre-order. No email yet. Has anybody with a summer or later pre-order received their delivery window email yet? Thanks.
Only LE holders are getting emails now. Expect one before the end of the year and be prepared to wait until 2023.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
10/20 order
R1S LE
KY
July-September :-/

brices123

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 FJ40, 2006 Land Cruiser, 2018 Land Cruiser
April - May 2022
R1S Launch Edition
11/28/18 reservation
El Cap Granite
Black interior
21" road wheels

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I ordered in early Feb 2019. LE R1S, LG, FE with 20’s. Montreal, Qc, Canada: Got July to Sept… Guess canuks do come last…
No true patriot love from RIVN my friend…??

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This seems to be a very optimistic (and maybe rudimentary) delivery schedule.
It appears all launch edition vehicles (R1T and R1S), approximately 50000 vehicles
(my guess), have delivery dates from March through September which is 7 months.

RJ said the production lines were designed to produce a vehicle every 4 minutes, or
15 per hour. Assuming they are able to hire enough people to operate two 8 hour shifts by March,
the production would be 15x16=240 units/day. Assuming 30 days/month operation would
produce 7,200/month for 7 months would produce, 50,400 from March 1 through Sept 30.

We know they will have a ramp up and possibly by Sept next year have 3 shifts per day -
but a pedal-to-metal scenario just barely produces 50k vehicles in 7 months. With
supply shortages, potential technical issues (small fire in battery assembly), possible 3rd wave
of Covid, and personnel shortages, this is a very aggressive and IMHO very optimistic.
No way that the LE preorders are 50k, more like 10k. Which is why I think when the rest of use non-LE preorders get estimates at the end of the year, some with be mixed in with the LE estimates.
Sponsored