First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Also interesting that there is very little difference in delivery dates for 2018 vs 2020 LE Orders.
Yeah, we need a survey of deliver date, configuration, and location to get an idea of how things are being arranged.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Jan 2020, R1T LE, Launch Green, added kitchen, and tent, first aid kit, and some smaller accessory‘s, and live in KCMO area

My delivery window is March-April 2022

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

LE Blue R1S with
- 20 inch AT wheels
- roof cross bars
- Ocean blue interior
- Washington, DC area

Deposit down August 2020

Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now July - September 2022.

Last edited:

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
This is how we determine if Rivian starts to slip schedule again.
Well, sure. But we surely would have heard about it ad nauseum without dumping all these dates out into the world is what I'm saying. They still have to come and say the window was missed, so it doesn't matter that we knew what it was to begin with.

Sponsored

Joninrye

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Delivery Time Given: March/April 2022
Order Info: March 2019, R1T LE, White, Crossbars, Boston/NH area

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
As a non-LE order holder, it’s interesting to me that the launch editions seem to be the only thing they intend to ship in 2022. Noticing several orders well after my order now getting delivery just by choosing the LE. I don’t remember Rivian suggesting that you’d receive delivery sooner if you switched to LE when it was an option but had I known that I’ll be getting my truck a year later then perhaps I would have chosen differently.
They always said you would get Priority Delivery by getting a Launch Edition.

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

May/June 3/28/19 R1S LE/white/blkmtn/22

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Unless they're really tying delivers to being near service centers, I'm personally editing "deliveries start January 2022" to "deliveries start January 2023" for non-LE vehicles.
The email also said Non-LE will receive their windows by the end of the year, which would coincide with them also adding the projected dates to the configurator for all potential new orders.

Keep in mind that deliveries of non-LE don't have to wait until LE is done. There will almost surely be non-LE delivered in the first half of 2022, if even to employees.

But it's irrelevant to what you're talking about, which only matters for potential new orders, which will get updated with a more specific delivery estimate by end of year (and will probably be 2024).

Sponsored

Bskeens

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Pace
Occupation
Retired
I got June - July 2022. That will be 3 years after the order I put in 7/19. I think Rivian has done a lot of things right regarding the design but their communication with the loyal early adopters who put their money where there mouth is, has not been good. Loved my first mile test drive and am disappointed I will now have to wait another 8 months after expectations were set and reset. Get it together. Your IPO delivered you cash now, deliver the goods…

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
Your Launch Edition R1T delivery window is now July - September 2022.

The problem is that I recently changed my configuration to an R1S. I guess they must have come up w/ order timing at least a couple of weeks ago?

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

As a non-LE order holder, it’s interesting to me that the launch editions seem to be the only thing they intend to ship in 2022. Noticing several orders well after my order now getting delivery just by choosing the LE. I don’t remember Rivian suggesting that you’d receive delivery sooner if you switched to LE when it was an option but had I known that I’ll be getting my truck a year later then perhaps I would have chosen differently.
The thing that kind of sucks is a few people here mentioned they placed their order right before the configurator went live and they got an LE and now a delivery window (although later than expected).
I ordered late 2019 and was unable to get the LE because I was travelling before the slots were filled so who knows how long I will be waiting even though my order was in almost a year earlier.

Unfortunately they missed another self-imposed deadline and I only hope that they are being generous on this one and exceed expectations. But that would make me stupid because nothing up to this point would suggest anything different.

In the end, as much as it sucks, I at least have an idea of what I need to be doing with my current vehicle situation.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Well, sure. But we surely would have heard about it ad nauseum without dumping all these dates out into the world is what I'm saying. They still have to come and say the window was missed, so it doesn't matter that we knew what it was to begin with.
Feel free to click "Ignore" on this thread if it has no value to you.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
November 2018 pre-order, Seattle, R1T LE blue/black/off-road: March-April
Sponsored