• Total voters

MrFester

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Frontier
It was a new mail, take a look at the screen shot, maybe help you find a missing mail?

Rivian R1T R1S ? Rivian Sends Delivery Window E-Mail. What’s Your Dates? => Vote in Poll! R1S-DateRange
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I agree.... Ford, GM and others will will be delivering in 2022 so the options are on the table with me. I feel bamboozled.
Unless you preordered the F-150 Lightning within the first week or so of Ford taking preorders, its extremely unlikely you'll be able to purchase one from Ford in 2022. Also, expect Ford to only be selling the most expensive models first. There's also some question about when Ford will make their "max" pack (300 mile range) available.

Other than MAYBE the Hummer, don't expect volume production of anything from GM. Expect only the $100K+ Hummer models in 2022.

Volume production of the CyberTruck won't be until 2023 at the soonest and Tesla will only be selling the expensive ones at that.

Sadly, I don't actually see other truck-like options in 2022 and early 2023.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
Unless you preordered the F-150 Lightning within the first week or so of Ford taking preorders, its extremely unlikely you'll be able to purchase one from Ford in 2022. Also, expect Ford to only be selling the most expensive models first. There's also some question about when Ford will make their "max" pack (300 mile range) available.

Other than MAYBE the Hummer, don't expect volume production of anything from GM. Expect only the $100K+ Hummer models in 2022.

Volume production of the CyberTruck won't be until 2023 at the soonest and Tesla will only be selling the expensive ones at that.

Sadly, I don't actually see other truck-like options in 2022 and early 2023.
There are several options not just GM , Ford or TESLA. The Chinese and Koreans are also working on EV pick ups. Here attached are more options in this video.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
There are several options not just GM , Ford or TESLA. The Chinese and Koreans are also working on EV pick ups. Here attached are more options in this video.
You do realize that outside of the Ford, GM, and Tesla, the other Rivian "options" presented in the video you linked are unlikely to ever become reality - and most certainly not in 2022.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You do realize that outside of the Ford, GM, and Tesla, the other Rivian "options" presented in the video you linked are unlikely to ever become reality - and most certainly not in 2022.
Only time will tell ..... Dodge is also working on 2 or 3 RAM pick ups. All I am saying is that by 2023 there will be multiple options for buyers. I intend on holding my Sept. 2019 pre order position at the moment. That can change if the dates get pushed back again for the 4th or 5th time.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Only time will tell ..... Dodge is also working on 2 or 3 RAM pick ups. All I am saying is that by 2023 there will be multiple options for buyers. I intend on holding my Sept. 2019 pre order position at the moment. That can change if the dates get pushed back again for the 4th or 5th time.
Nothing wrong with being open to alternatives should they come along sooner and meet your needs, especially as your Rivian delivery date continues to push out. However, automotive lead times are long and there simply won't be any other deliverable options by 2023 outside of Ford, GM, or Tesla (and even then to get delivery in 2022/23, you'd already have to have a reservation). By 2023 there will cetainly be additional options on the horizon, but nothing that hasn't already been revealed will be delivered in any meaningful quantity.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

If you haven't ordered something as of right now, you're not getting something in 2023. Maybe the new Silverado if you preorder immediately and even then who knows if it'll be ready.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you haven't ordered something as of right now, you're not getting something in 2023. Maybe the new Silverado if you preorder immediately and even then who knows if it'll be ready.
Understood .... I want the Rivian I ordered back in 2019. As of now I am still on board. I drove and I loved it. BUT ..... waiting 4 or 5 years is ridiculous. I am starting to feel strung along. BTW I am not the only one in this position.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Only time will tell ..... Dodge is also working on 2 or 3 RAM pick ups
Did you get a chance to watch Ram's EV presentation? It was comically bad. Like... they clearly didn't actually have a plan at the time ther than be last to market. It's worth finding and watching.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you get a chance to watch Ram's EV presentation? It was comically bad. Like... they clearly didn't actually have a plan at the time ther than be last to market. It's worth finding and watching.
Thanks for your input. However " TIME WILL TELL " as stated previously. TY

Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Understood .... I want the Rivian I ordered back in 2019. As of now I am still on board. I drove and I loved it. BUT ..... waiting 4 or 5 years is ridiculous. I am starting to feel strung along. BTW I am not the only one in this position.
If it wasn’t for, oh, you know a once in a 100 year global pandemic, you’d probably have your Rivian already. That saying, cheers to you for sticking with them.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for your input. However " TIME WILL TELL " as stated previously. TY
I don't disagree. Just suggesting their presentation was worth a watch. But they clearly didn't have theirs shit together. That can always change obviously. I'm not criticizing you at all, just commenting on what seems to be RAM'S plan, which they literally stated was to be last to market. And then they'll figure out what they're going to do. It was funny to watch.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing wrong with being open to alternatives should they come along sooner and meet your needs, especially as your Rivian delivery date continues to push out. However, automotive lead times are long and there simply won't be any other deliverable options by 2023 outside of Ford, GM, or Tesla (and even then to get delivery in 2022/23, you'd already have to have a reservation). By 2023 there will cetainly be additional options on the horizon, but nothing that hasn't already been revealed will be delivered in any meaningful quantity.
Rivian R1T R1S ? Rivian Sends Delivery Window E-Mail. What’s Your Dates? => Vote in Poll! 1640986659519

Rivian R1T R1S ? Rivian Sends Delivery Window E-Mail. What’s Your Dates? => Vote in Poll! 1640986692743

Rivian R1T R1S ? Rivian Sends Delivery Window E-Mail. What’s Your Dates? => Vote in Poll! 1640986713473

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Also, expect Ford to only be selling the most expensive models first. There's also some question about when Ford will make their "max" pack (300 mile range) available.
I am pretty sure Ford has said all along that all versions and trim levels will be available in 2022.

That being said... I don't think they expect high production numbers. I placed a reservation on day 1, and I still might not get it before my Rivian delivery estimate of 1st half 2023.

Anything is possible at this point though. Let's all hope there aren't too many more delays with any of these companies.

I'm also going to try to place a Chevy reservation as soon as possible, although I really expect either Rivian or Ford to come through before the Chevy EV truck hits the market.
Sponsored