Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
As I have posted before I think communication is an issue but the real problem, which Rivian has little control over, is the 84% of pre orders that will not be delivered by the end of 2022. Out of 83,000 pre orders only 13,000 - 14,000 R1s will be delivered by the end of 2022. Parts supply being the root cause for the low production.
83,000 as of the last update! I wouldn't be surprised if the number caps 100k soon. And yeah, people are still going to be waiting on delivery for years to come.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
83,000 as of the last update! I wouldn't be surprised if the number caps 100k soon. And yeah, people are still going to be waiting on delivery for years to come.
I know it’s small, but the current number of delivered is that many less preorders. Not much, but something.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I know it’s small, but the current number of delivered is that many less preorders. Not much, but something.
True, I wonder if they'll report total preorders, including fullfilled, or if they'll only report open preorders + delivered as separate values.

Seems like this early, the marketing potential of showing the preorders growing constantly is worth a bit of confusion, but it might violate some rules I don't understand.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I agree.

Such a frustrating situation for Rivian to have a great product that is selling well but not be able to get enough parts to meet demand.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Wow.. they just continue to fumble their way through comms making less and less sense each time. Doesn't anyone proofread this stuff before hitting "send"?
Not Rivian...it's more exciting this way

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I'm sorry if I'm being thickheaded, but I've re-read Tony's past two emails and still don't quite grok the plan. There's still too much ambiguity for me. Here's my best guess of the plan:

1. Tell preorder holders what we (Rivian) can build the most of the most quickly (to quote Tony's email, "our nearest build combinations")

2. Starting sometime in May, "capture your flexibility and interest in the survey we mentioned previously."

3 (option 1). Use the results of that survey to gives us refreshed delivery windows? (I'm not so sure about that)

3 (option 2). Give us refreshed delivery windows based on our current config, but keep our survey results in mind as they try to match the R1's their building to preorders? (feel like this is their plan)

VERY interested in how others are interpreting these past two emails?

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
VERY interested in how others are interpreting these past two emails?
Emails with our personal updated delivery windows are coming in the next 2 weeks.

Later in May they’ll start reaching out to us and see if we want to change (as example) from Compass Yellow to Glacier White to get delivery 6 months sooner (my answer, “F no! Go team yellow!”)

OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
Communications continues to be a conspicuous weakness at Rivian. Surely they could go one or two reviews of an email before hitting send?

p.s. interesting "code brown" motif to the Rivian logo … subconscious reaction to seeing $RIVN at $29? (that was certainly my reaction …)

1651282944265.png
What didn't you like about the email? The wording can come off a bit weird, but they formatted this email from the perspective of you (or me, or anyone outside Rivian, really) asking a question (in bold) and then them answering it. I actually really liked this format and feel this email gave us a lot of information.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
For you newbies telling everyone to be patient, try to recognize there’s a pattern of behavior that’s inconsistent with the image Rivian tries to portray…

Here I have the biggest problem with the timing. There was a blizzard of PBAs sent out the week before the delays. They knew about the delays and sent the PBAs anyway. More to the point, it is likely why they sent them without notification of the delays…

…and now, those of us with R1S windows in the spring timeframe need to wait until what l’d argue looks like Memorial Day to know how much longer we’re delayed…

It’s a strong contrast to a tell them what you know customer relationship. It’s disappointing…

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
…on a brighter note full credit to the forum members for once again smoking all this out long before official communications. Well done team…

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
What didn't you like about the email? The wording can come off a bit weird, but they formatted this email from the perspective of you (or me, or anyone outside Rivian, really) asking a question (in bold) and then them answering it.
The group answering the questions is cherry picking the questions to answer…

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

The launch of the Account Page feature has gone from "early 2022" (said RJ's December email) to second quarter (said CS email to me in March) to "in the next few months" (Tony's email on 4/29). Is that just 3 different ways of saying ... end of June?

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
Wow - it turns out that complexity is important factor...
😲

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

This email really doesn't say that much, but it's much better than silence.

Brian

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
You might want to read the email again before throwing stones.
I actually got it lol.. but it was a poor attempt IMO that could have been done much more elegantly with a simple "Q" or "A" preface before the sentence.

Q: Monday’s email mentions that you’ll be reaching out to see if I’m “flexible” on my configuration. To help me decide, when can I expect my updated delivery timing?

A:
We’re excited to share some of our nearest build combinations and capture your flexibility and interest in the survey we mentioned previously. Right now, that outreach is planned for May. If you’re willing to shift certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner. If you’d rather stick to your original configuration, then no action is required on your part — we’ll simply continue to update you on your estimated delivery timing.
Sponsored

Last edited: