VermontR1T

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
[QUOTE="RexRemus, post: 214670, member: 3723"

It's good that Rivian is still confident though, who knows, maybe they know something we don't
[/QUOTE]

They know ALOT more than you. Exactly 3 months ago the naysayers were saying that the ramp was impossible, but they are doing it. The lack of understanding how a company ramps and scales up is astounding for all the arm chair quarterbacks here.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ That would be awesome.. many, many pre-order holders eager and willing to hand Rivian $75-$100K :)

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Wasn't the original forecast 50K this year? Making 10K in a quarter in a major auto plant after a year in production is hardly a reach goal, assuming parts are available. Also, Rivian was very well funded, unlike the EV startups that used SPACs.

Sponsored

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

[QUOTE="RexRemus, post: 214670, member: 3723"

It's good that Rivian is still confident though, who knows, maybe they know something we don't
They know ALOT more than you. Exactly 3 months ago the naysayers were saying that the ramp was impossible, but they are doing it. The lack of understanding how a company ramps and scales up is astounding for all the arm chair quarterbacks here.
[/QUOTE]

settle down son 😁 wasn't even naysaying - look at my future posts. The implication was that they DO know something otherwise why be so confident?

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
^ That would be awesome.. many, many pre-order holders eager and willing to hand Rivian $75-$100K :)
Based on RIVIAN saying they have seen major increases in their cost one can assume prices will go up 5-8% for Deposits taken without any pricing. So RIT’s selling on line for over $100k will be the new retail in 2023-2024.

Reactions: Rad

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Based on RIVIAN saying they have seen major increases in their cost one can assume prices will go up 5-8% for Deposits taken without any pricing. So RIT’s selling on line for over $100k will be the new retail in 2023-2024.
Understandable when a 2X4 is $7 and 25' of 14/3 wire is $40 o_O

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

They are kind of giving mixed signals, for example I don't understand why they raised their price on the quad motor in the 'visualizer' if those prices don't mean anything.

The other thing that will come into play at some point is demand and competition. Also as they buy in larger bulk for parts and utilize more capacity at the factory costs/unit should decrease.

OP
OP
SANZC02

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
They are kind of giving mixed signals, for example I don't understand why they raised their price on the quad motor in the 'visualizer' if those prices don't mean anything.

The other thing that will come into play at some point is demand and competition. Also as they buy in larger bulk for parts and utilize more capacity at the factory costs/unit should decrease.
Those prices mean everything to the people not locked into pre March 1st prices.

Sponsored

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
I think the market is going to forgive them missing the 25,000 unit mark by a few thousand units, especially if they can convincingly make it all about raw battery materials. This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum and while they're missing the mark by a few thousand units they're inking deals for guaranteed sales and appear to be making impressive inroads in commercial applications.

In my head the answer of what will be acceptable is "anything over 20k, delivered" and that news won't impact its market cap at all.
No chance. There will be blood in the water if Rivian fails to meet 25k total units after multiple confirmations that it would do so. I'll be in the water waiting for the panic.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

No chance. There will be blood in the water if Rivian fails to meet 25k total units after multiple confirmations that it would do so. I'll be in the water waiting for the panic.
Agreed. In this market just squeezing by the 25k number will probably weigh on the stock. More likely the market will move on their production forecast for next year.

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
Agreed, now that they've said they're ahead of schedule that's been built into the stock price. Really my comments were relevant if this latest earnings didn't say that.

Sharpobjects4321

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Attorney
Wasn't the original forecast 50K this year? Making 10K in a quarter in a major auto plant after a year in production is hardly a reach goal, assuming parts are available. Also, Rivian was very well funded, unlike the EV startups that used SPACs.
It was actually 40k, but wallstreet and everyone has run with 50k because 25k is half of 50k. Let me explain how we got there. so at first the articles said "Rivian cuts production by around half" 40k to 25k then that was changed to "Rivian cuts production by half" so people assumed the plan was for 50k. it was on the roadshow- 40k.
Sponsored