Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
As Rivian has reneged on their original statements by RJ, Brian, and others that the Max pack would be first, I now find myself behind people that placed orders 2 years after me.
I also remember Rivian saying the largest battery models would be first. I expected the most expensive versions to be made first back in 2019. But by the time the configurator opened didn't we know/learn LE's would be first and the max pack had ended up not being available for the LE? Don't remember for sure.
Sponsored

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

Any way to make the color chart show a closer representation of the vehicle's color?

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I didn't realize there have been ZERO Glacier White trucks delivered. Kind of funny as that was a no-cost option pre March 1.
I don't think any of the colors had a cost for Launch Edition did they? I had white on order initially, but switched to Launch Green last moment.

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I didn't realize there have been ZERO Glacier White trucks delivered. Kind of funny as that was a no-cost option pre March 1.
I’ve seen plenty of GW trucks delivered on social media, is kinda strange nobody here has reported it.

I don't think any of the colors had a cost for Launch Edition did they? I had white on order initially, but switched to Launch Green last moment.
Nope only LG, GW, LAS are free for LE.

Sponsored

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Done.
Looks like I’m number 2 in Maryland. (On the List)

Last edited:

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Hello, not sure if you have been asked this question...since your R1T does not have the off-road package, did you still receive tow hooks? And also, does the underbody have aero plates (as in totally covered), or are their plates missing vs all the pictures of underbody I've seen over the past 3 years are totally covered. Thank you
It has tow hooks and the underside is totally covered.

Weeyam eyesore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford maverick
Occupation
Working
Not sure if this was asked, sorry if this is a duplicate question. There was some mystery about how many launch edition are out there. If you’re order number is ~50,000. Do we think there are/will be 50,000 launch editions ? Or when did they cut that number off? Just a curious question.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Not sure if this was asked, sorry if this is a duplicate question. There was some mystery about how many launch edition are out there. If you’re order number is ~50,000. Do we think there are/will be 50,000 launch editions ? Or when did they cut that number off? Just a curious question.
No there is not 50k launch editions. I don’t think they even had quite that many orders when the locked LE orders and all people with orders at that time didn’t choose or were unable to choose the LE based on when they configured.

Also my order number was one of the newer randomized ones and I have a LE.

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My impression is folks estimate total LE reservations were in the 10-15k range and Rivian has not allowed original LE slots to be refilled when LE deposit refunds were requested over the intervening years. Some have guessed there may only be 5-10k LE reservations that survived to 2022. Maybe we will get some clarity on this question when Rivian holds their next quarterly earnings call.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
There aren't 10-15k LEs. Rivian has never deviated from stating all LEs will be delivered in 2022. Many adventure pack folks have windows towards the end of the year. If they're only making 15k R1s in 2022, then the math states it's impossible for them all to be LEs.

I believe the number was originally closer to 5k, and is likely less than that now due to cancellations re: 3/1 pricing changes. My current best guess is ~3500-4000 LEs.

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

There aren't 10-15k LEs. Rivian has never deviated from stating all LEs will be delivered in 2022. Many adventure pack folks have windows towards the end of the year. If they're only making 15k R1s in 2022, then the math states it's impossible for them all to be LEs.

I believe the number was originally closer to 5k, and is likely less than that now due to cancellations re: 3/1 pricing changes. My current best guess is ~3500-4000 LEs.
I saw VIN number ~4200 in limestone yesterday. Believe they started at VIN 1000. So they’ve made at least 3200 already?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
They manufactured somewhere around ~1k worth of test/internal/employee vehicles based on the earliest delivery VIN numbers. I'm also fairly certain that VINs are not produced sequentially.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I'm also fairly certain that VINs are not produced sequentially.
I've been away from the auto industry for 27 years, but I would be very surprised if VINs were not sequential, at least coming out of the factory's body shop (welding department). For recalls, service campaigns, and service bulletins, the logistics are simpler if VINs are sequential. When I worked at the Marysville Honda plant, unpainted bodies left the welding department in VIN order. Finished cars rolled out the factory's back door more-or-less in VIN (last 6 digits) order. That was very helpful to my job of tracking warranty problems
Sponsored