First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Since I've been pushed back to a 1st half of 2024 delivery for my R1S (11/21 order), I'd take a dual / max pack over the quad if available at that time. I know my neighbor who works for Rivian testing said he had been driving dual motor and max pack R1's at work. He has also been bringing testers home for the last few years in many different stages of development. He had his own new 23 model R1 and a Tester in his driveway this past weekend, but I never made it over to see if it was a dual motor. I also saw that he had a bed cover that looked factory on his personal R1, even though his was one of the R1's that didn't come with one. I was walking the dog and had to leave so I couldn't go over to investigate. By the next morning, it was gone. I'll ask about the bed cover if I see him when his wife gets home with their R1.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Interesting read. No real surprises in there other than the R1S Max, but as far as financials go it's about what was expected. They've got work to do to survive, but it seems like they are doing it. I'm hard pressed to believe they'll be operationally profitable in 2024.
No rational investor is expecting them to be profitable in 2024.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Since I've been pushed back to a 1st half of 2024 delivery for my R1S (11/21 order), I'd take a dual / max pack over the quad if available at that time. I know my neighbor who works for Rivian testing said he had been driving dual motor and max pack R1's at work. He has also been bringing testers home for the last few years in many different stages of development. He had his own new 23 model R1 and a Tester in his driveway this past weekend, but I never made it over to see if it was a dual motor. I also saw that he had a bed cover that looked factory on his personal R1, even though his was one of the R1's that didn't come with one. I was walking the dog and had to leave so I couldn't go over to investigate. By the next morning, it was gone. I'll ask about the bed cover if I see him when his wife gets home with their R1.
I've been moved to 1st half 24 as well (7/21 order) I'm tempted to see the cost of the Max Pack + dual motor vs the quad.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
No rational investor is expecting them to be profitable in 2024.
No, I suppose not. I should have been clearer in explaining my particular doubt. I doubt that they'll achieve positive gross profit in 2024 as mentioned in the deck. If they achieve that it would be pretty impressive.

Sponsored

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
I've been moved to 1st half 24 as well (7/21 order) I'm tempted to see the cost of the Max Pack + dual motor vs the quad.
It’s gotta be the same price if not close to the quad large.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
$80K is my breaking point, so if it cost significantly more for a dual / max for pre-march pricing customers, then I'm out. I'll jus thave to get the quad. Although it won't crush me fiinancially, I have to draw the line somewhere. Not to mention, the longer it takes, the closer I will get to college tuition for my kids. I made them a promise that I would pay for anywhere they wanted to go if they get straight A's through highschool... dammit.. I really set myself up.

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
I guess the bigger question would be if it would bump me further back.
Nah. That’s literally why they pushed quad people back. To bump enduro/dual up because they make more on each unit. They said in the shareholder letter that they slowed EDV production down this quarter to start cranking dual units off the line. I think dual will def be a priority.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Keep in mind it's not just Rivian that needs to ramp their factory but every supplier. So while Rivian could potentially ramp faster a single weak link and they would miss their target.
Agree the ramp is for all supplier too, but December was around 4000 (assuming December was higher than October) so they are already close to 50k. Their supplier already covered that - I hope they set a low target and plan to raise it periodically to help the stock. We will know more in early April with the Q1 production numbers but at this rate no need for the third shift and they can spend their time making better vehicles and relieving pressure on the service centers.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
What's coming new in 2024? We'll have to see -- maybe a significant platform technology change?

"We expect the ramp of our second shift for the R1 line to continue to progress through the
first quarter of 2023. During the fourth quarter of 2023, we intend to take both the R1 and
RCV line down for a limited time to prepare for the integration of vehicle technologies we
plan to implement in 2024."

Armando

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Tundra, MBZ GLE AMG 53, 66 Mustang Conv
Occupation
Winery owner
This is probably good for our stock but I am more interested in when the R1X is coming!!!:)

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Nah. That’s literally why they pushed quad people back. To bump enduro/dual up because they make more on each unit. They said in the shareholder letter that they slowed EDV production down this quarter to start cranking dual units off the line. I think dual will def be a priority.
The irony is they are trying hard to get rid of price-locked quad holders.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Really curious how they are going to do it, though I haven't looked under the R1S with the panels off like I have the R1T.
I suspect that the space for the spare in the R1S will be utilized for extra batteries as well.
Sponsored