Occupation
Engineer
November 2019 preorder.
Delivery estimate: July - Sept 22

White
adventure pack
black interior
21 wheels
literally no other options in attempt to not get pushed back further, guess that didn't work haha!

Considering my order date and the fact i'm in the LA area where lots of deliveries are already occuring i'm surprised there's so many other ahead of me. Oh well.
Sorry, I may have missed it. Have you seen non-LE with June or earlier delivery windows?

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Your window is January to June, not July. As for hardware I am sure there will be some updates but it will be mainly software as with other EVs there are not multiple hardware updates each year
You are right it was a typo. I corrected it. Thanks
But First half of 2023 in Rivian vocabulary, could well be July 1st, 2023, which is what I am expecting.

Yes, because it's 'mainly software', the HW and processing power of that software is very crucial.
As features and functionality grows, so is the need for a powerful CPU HW. The R1 platform is being built with processing hardware that was designed/spec'ed from 2 years ago. So how forward thinking was Rivian with this HW and how well would it handle all the upgraded processing.

We saw this from the MCU1s Tesla built in the early Model S.

Mr. Sparkle

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Civil Engineer
June 21, 2020 preorder.
R1T Explore/Max, LA Silver, Black Mountain, 21" Wheels, Full-Size Spare, All-Weather Mats
Columbia, SC
Delivery Estimate: 1st Half of 2023

I am bit disappointed by today's news, but I can understand the decision to prioritize R1T Adventure/Large models. I don't absolutely need the Max Pack, but if I end up with an Adventure/Large it will add to my regret that I didn't pull the trigger on an LE when I had the chance.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
The R1 vehicle platform as it stands is quite a bit outdated for a 2022 model, so it will be far behind once it gets delivered in Q2 of 2023 considering the competition would have heated up.
Dude, it just won 2022 truck of the year. Testers have remarked that the R1T "represents the biggest leap in design advancement we've ever seen" and this was for ICE or otherwise. The statement that the "platform as it stands is quite a bit outdated for a 2022 model" is patently false in reality it is without equal.
not saying it's perfect and no room for improvement, yes a 2023 will be better than a 2022, but your expectations are untenable.

Sponsored

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Order date May 2021, R1T Limestone with BM, 20AT, tent + kitchen + offroad pkg: Est delivery date Oct-Dec 2022

Madison, WI

DTM

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17Bolt, '14 Porsche Cayenne, '04 Dodge {Cummins}
Occupation
Retired.
R1T preorder 12/06/18. Blue, forest edge, 21's, spare & off road. Expected delivery 1st half 2023. Hoping Jan 2023 instead of July 2013!
Sponsored