Sponsored

williescout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, R1T, PS2, Landcruiser
I guess I was under the impression that LE reservation holders would actual get a chance to discuss the configuration with our guide and maybe see the damn thing in person before we were locked in to color, exc. or forfute the assigned build window. The whole deal is screwed up. Guide contacts should come before a configuration lock thats locks us into a production window.
I agree with GaryL, it is screwed up. I was told by chat CSR that if I changed delivery location from rural to metro, a guide would reach out closer to the May/June delivery date which is what I was trying to move up in the first place by making the change to the delivery location! I get the logistics involved in delivering a new vehicle but still a tad annoying to wait for guide contact. If I get the call on the Lightning soon, I may just go that route at this point.
Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I just spoke with CS regarding my Adventure R1S and they told me the following:

"For additional reference, our forecasting team has noted that Adventure R1S vehicles will begin delivering this coming May 2022. You personally will have your window solidified once you receive the email!"

Reactions: Guy
OP
OP
Craigins

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I guess I was under the impression that LE reservation holders would actual get a chance to discuss the configuration with our guide and maybe see the damn thing in person before we were locked in to color, exc. or forfute the assigned build window. The whole deal is screwed up. Guide contacts should come before a configuration lock thats locks us into a production window.
You aren't locked in. Read it as changes to your configuration or location may only move you back in line, not forward.

The only way it could potentially move you forward is if someone with the config you were changing to lived in your service area and cancelled their order or changed config at the last minute.

Right now it seems only the forest edge, and maybe no offroad would really delay your delivery window. Delivery location could as well, but I'm hoping they do factory pickup which could negate that.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Im not looking to move up or down in line. Its just my personal opinion they are lacking adult supervision in handling the contact, confirmation, production, process. Just part of the deal I guess.

Last edited:

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I just spoke with CS regarding my Adventure R1S and they told me the following:

"For additional reference, our forecasting team has noted that Adventure R1S vehicles will begin delivering this coming May 2022. You personally will have your window solidified once you receive the email!"
I can't see how that's true given that I'm an early LE R1s in a major city and have a May-June delivery window. Unless they are counting my LE as "adventure".

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I can't see how that's true given that I'm an early LE R1s in a major city and have a May-June delivery window. Unless they are counting my LE as "adventure".
I think CS is working off old data personally, and their reference info will be updated once the adventure pack delivery windows are sent out this month.

OP
OP
Craigins

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I think CS is working off old data personally, and their reference info will be updated once the adventure pack delivery windows are sent out this month.
I think it is accurate.

Adventure is nearly identical to LE. If they are building truck/trainloads to deliver, why wouldn't you fill out the shipment if you could produce the vehicle.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yeah I know it will prob piss off most LE holders, but if they're producing the Adventures they might as well ship them out.

OP
OP
Craigins

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Think about it this way.

They lined up the LE preorder holders by order date.

They grouped orders by service centers.

They build train/truckloads

They filled in empty slots in the logistics with adventure orders.

They then ran a projected production rampup and came up with delivery windows.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think it is accurate.

Adventure is nearly identical to LE. If they are building truck/trainloads to deliver, why wouldn't you fill out the shipment if you could produce the vehicle.
I don't disagree with you, but they (CS today) also thought launch edition R1T's would be done by (end of?) spring 2022. Which doesn't match the July delivery windows in my mind.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
The launch edition isn't really that different than the adventure. Just some trim pieces and the color. I suspect there will be plenty of adventure builds for early reservation holders going out next year before launch edition vehicles to more isolated locations. I think they just want to reach out to launch editions reservation holders first because it looks better.

That said, I am still not bullish overall on their delivery timelines for any trucks.

DTM

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17Bolt, '14 Porsche Cayenne, '04 Dodge {Cummins}
Occupation
Retired.
As a Dec 2018 preorder wanting maxpack I am beginning to get discouraged.:rolleyes:

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
The question now is does @Craigins have the survey prepared for when Adventure / Explore get their dates this month??

OP
OP
Craigins

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

The question now is does @Craigins have the survey prepared for when Adventure / Explore get their dates this month??
Same survey, I'll just need to expand the Delivery Window question with the new windows that they are giving out.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Same survey, I'll just need to expand the Delivery Window question with the new windows that they are giving out.
I've long maintained that it would be hugely beneficial for us to get an actual database on the forums where we can go and update our order details (date of pre-order, location, config details, timeline received in email etc). That way it's all in one place, super easy to analyze, and easy to build on. Tagging @Administrator as a gentle reminder to see if this is possible :).
Sponsored