First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Personally, I think the only fair thing is that if Rivian isn’t allowed to sell me a car in PA, surely PA isn’t owed a cent of sales tax from my out of state transaction :)
Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

This is... definitely... a suck salad with crispy bits of shit sprinkled on top. It means with my 180KWh battery pack, my ass will be charging a good bit longer to get to 80% on the fast chargers.

I did note on the Colorado trip videos, they were referring to "Miles gained" and no longer referencing "% Battery in x mins" which I thought was odd at the time.
I think by the time that there are lots of fast chargers that you can consistently pull more than 200kwh from you will likely have replaced your first Rivian. My confidence in infrastructure improvements is low.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Looks like no Canadian deliveries before Feburary:

"We expect to complete all CMVSS confirmatory testing and provide an application for certification to Transport Canada by February 2022."
I saw this too and I was really disappointed. I've been pushing CS hard for an update as they keep saying "Beginning November 2021 for R1T and R1S deliveries". Clearly that is not true (and hasn't been true for awhile). Not only has the R1S been delayed by at *least* another month (if not longer) for US. But Canadian deliveries have now been delayed by 3-4 months more (at least).

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

The language actually says:
"In the consumer market, we launched the R1 platform with our first generation of consumer vehicle, the R1T, a two-row five-passenger pickup truck, and plan to launch the R1S, a three-row seven-passenger SUV, in December 2021. "

That sounds like they're making room for a cop-out. What is a launch exactly? A press event? First R1S off the production line? It can mean many things before it means customer-headed delivery, unfortunately.
On page 19, under risk factors, they note that R1S deliveries may be later than December 2021 or not happen at all.

Granted, that doesn't mean there's an issue or anything, but there is certainly no guarantee that R1S deliveries will be starting in two months.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I thought Driver+ was included with the vehicle. We have to pay for that also? $10K?
I'm assuming the additional cost would be some nebuluous improvements in the future, like Level 3 or something. The filing isn't totally clear on that. However, I agree, that's been my understanding as well.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Now we know the number of preorders at least. Page 21
Hmmm, thats a bit lower than seems like most speculated on forums and articles I'd read. Well, better for us folks waiting in line.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I thought Driver+ was included with the vehicle. We have to pay for that also? $10K?
If they are going the same route as Tesla, you will have a free version (think AutoPilot... every Tesla has that for free) and a "Premium" version (think FSD).

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
On page 19, under risk factors, they note that R1S deliveries may be later than December 2021 or not happen at all.

Granted, that doesn't mean there's an issue or anything, but there is certainly no guarantee that R1S deliveries will be starting in two months.
Also on page 20:
We do not expect to make initial deliveries of the R1S and EDV until December 2021.

So I dunno - guess they are aiming for it, but don't sound very confident.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think by the time that there are lots of fast chargers that you can consistently pull more than 200kwh from you will likely have replaced your first Rivian. My confidence in infrastructure improvements is low.
There's a ton out there right now. Most EA stations along the interstate include at least one 350kW charger. You're either sitting at 150, or 350 max with EA.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Hmmm, thats a bit lower than seems like most speculated on forums and articles I'd read. Well, better for us folks waiting in line.
Not too shocking honestly. Rivian isn't very well known right now.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Honestly, I'm not tooooooo crazy worried about this. I don't drive long distances that often, and when I do, I try and make sure my end points have chargers I can use over night (or that I have 150KW+ chargers along the way).

If the Tesla SuperCharger network truly does open up, then this issue kind of becomes a non-issue for me. I can pull off and charge more often (not optimal, but.. meh), and in shorter bursts (if needed).

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
There's a ton out there right now. Most EA stations along the interstate include at least one 350kW charger. You're either sitting at 150, or 350 max with EA.
yea, but how many of those EA stations are functional……

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer