- Directed Share Program - Preorder holders will likely be able to participate in the IPO in some fashion.
- Preorders - 48,390 R1T / R1S as of September 30, 2021 in the United States and Canada.
DeliveriesBuild starting in December.
- As of September 30, 2021, we operated six service centers in four states (California, Illinois, Washington, and New York), 11 mobile service vehicles, a 24/7 service support center in Michigan, and have secured 24 RAN DCFC sites in seven states, 145 Rivian Waypoints charging sites in 30 states, and 20 service center locations for further expansion.
- Delivery fee is likely $1,7XX
- Autonomous Driving Fee is likely $10,000
- Per vehicle 'subscription' (likely the Membership) is expected to be $5,500 over 10 years.
- Higher performance and fewer motor vehicles are being planned for.
- 11 cameras, 12 ultrasonic sensors, five radars, and a high-precision GPS antenna
- We expect our platform’s architecture will enable us to evolve and expand our Driver+ offerings to support SAE Level 3 autonomy
- Rivian has plans for Fleet Management. Later in the doc is more detail about it.
- Factory - 150,000 vehicles annually. Up to 200,000 vehicles annually in 2023.
- 120 service centers and to deploy in excess of 1,000 mobile service vans in 2023
- Our entire service infrastructure is shared by our consumer and commercial customers which generates operational synergies in both physical assets as well as labor. (Is this using Amazon locations as service centers?)
- DCFC - RAN DCFCs are designed to output over 200 kW of DC power for initial R1 vehicles (up to 140 miles of range in 20 minutes), with over 300 kW planned for future vehicles. Oof.
- R1S Camp Kitchen - A rear cargo mounted Camp Kitchen will also be available for the R1S
- Amazon Vans - There are 3 different lengths. Range of between 120-150 miles.
- Additional screenshots of app future functionality such as financing and service.
- States they can sell in - Long list. Post here.
- Board Members
- Karen Boon - President of Restoration Hardware
- Sanford Schwartz - Cox
- Rose Marcario - Patagonia
- Peter Krawiec - Amazon
- Jay Flatley - Illumina (genetic analysis company)
- Pamela Thomas-Graham - Dandelion Chandelier (luxo digital media)
- Board Members
- RJ Salary - $1,300,000 all in salary and bonus. He also controls a tremendous amount of company shares.
- Ford - They have purchased bodies in white from them in the past, but no longer do. They currently purchase tooling and experise.
- Cox - Cox will be the reseller of any used Rivians, and likely trade ins. They will get preferential pricing on service on them and whatnot in exchange for marketing.
- Rivian terminated a contract with a major supplier in 2019 and demanded repayment of $18M. They believed that it would settle for less, but in December 2020 made a call that they would never get that money back.