Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

***EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023***

ATTENTION SELLERS:
All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

We understand that these rules add more steps to the selling and buying process, but these rules have been implemented to protect both buyers and sellers, so thank you for your understanding and compliance. 🙏🏻

Rules #1 and #2 are EFFECTIVE TODAY, JANUARY 16, 2023. Please take note of the date when viewing or reporting a sales thread.

If you have an existing sales thread posted before January 16, 2023, you do not need to edit it. This rule will be enforced for all NEW sales threads created starting January 16, 2023.
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
good, clear rules. Not that you want feedback but I'd also like to see a ban on people trying sell a place in line. Either sell a truck you own or cancel your preorder. I know there have been ads for Lightnings even though Ford does not allow this type of change to orders. One ad basically said a car salesman told him it is okay (without any documentation from the dealership).

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
As an experienced "threadcrapper" I appreciate these rules and promise to be a good boy.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I appreciate the steps towards protecting buyers and sellers. I, also, will just stay out of that section of the forums going forward.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
good, clear rules. Not that you want feedback but I'd also like to see a ban on people trying sell a place in line. Either sell a truck you own or cancel your preorder. I know there have been ads for Lightnings even though Ford does not allow this type of change to orders. One ad basically said a car salesman told him it is okay (without any documentation from the dealership).
I would argue that rule 3 stating the item much be actually available would preclude all people selling a place in line. They do not have the truck therefore it is not for sale.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping."

Just for clarity, this only applies to Classifieds, correct?

Cause otherwise, certain members post counts would be reduced signficantly, including yours truly.

P.S. - I was going to list the Sweet Baby Jesus sweater for sale in the classifieds, at a fair price of course. But my wife had already thrown it away weeks ago, unbeknownst to its proud owner. That's a $3 loss right there, not including the initial investment.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
@COdogman, as the Godfather, mebbe you should talk to my wife on my behalf?

PSA, you should wear armor and a solid codpiece.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have a dumb question: Will marketplace posts appear in the "what's new" feed that *some* of us look at to know which threads to try not to crap in?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
@COdogman, as the Godfather, mebbe you should talk to my wife on my behalf?

PSA, you should wear armor and a solid codpiece.
Nice try! I'm an idiot but I'm not that much of an idiot. I have never been able to convince a woman to do anything other than leave me 🤡

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I would argue that rule 3 stating the item much be actually available would preclude all people selling a place in line. They do not have the truck therefore it is not for sale.
no need to argue. it could just be stated more directly. "no feelers" sounds more like someone posting "I'm thinking about selling my R1T for $3,203,209.99. What do you think?"

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
no need to argue. it could just be stated more directly. "no feelers" sounds more like someone posting "I'm thinking about selling my R1T for $3,203,209.99. What do you think?"
I'm very interested. What color is it?

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler