AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Pete here, from Abstract Ocean. Some of you will hopefully know us from the Tesla world, where we've been owners since 2013, and at the same time pretty much stumbled into an accidental business that's now a fulltime job for a few of us.

We got our R1T at the end of June, and despite having a Model Y & 3 in the garage, they only get used if someone else has the truck - we love it! Over the years, customers have asked us if we'll get into accessories for EV's outside of the Tesla world, and my answer has always been no. Running AO is exhausting for us, and we take it personally. It needs focus. I know every product we sell inside and out, and use them all. That's not a scalable model, but it's how we roll. The thing that makes it easier is that we love Tesla, the mission, and how they're literally changing the world.

If you're passionate about something, it becomes just a little bit easier.

So, using the same logic, we're now dipping our toes into the Rivian aftermarket world, and I hope we can provide the same level of passion in our accessories and support that we've gained a reputation for in the Tesla world. As I've said before, if Tesla and REI had a baby, out would pop a Rivian, and we absolutely love it. We've also partnered with @twraps to help build our catalog, they're awesome, family-run like us, and share the same passion and vision.

I do have a fancy yellow vendor tag now, and we're proud to be a sponsor of the forum, but, to be clear, I'm here as an owner first and foremost; very occasionally I'll link to something we've done if its in context of the thread, but I'm still Jenny Pete from the block 😊

If you have any questions, post them in this forum, or in the threads, as long as I'm @mentioned, I'll see them. And if you want to check out our stuff, it's here.

If you've made it this far, you deserve a link for 15% off your first order of any of our Rivian range (Discounts shown at checkout, one use per customer, $50 minimum order ($75+ gets you free shipping too). Or just use code "rivianrocks" at checkout.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I’m glad you’re making some Rivian products. I bought your key fob covers for my 2016 Model X. I really liked them. I’ll check out your links.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Yeah, I bought your Tesla key fob skins, puddle lights, and Model S cargo cover fishing line auto lift contraption back in the day.

Good to see you’re a Rivian owner and vendor!

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
As some of your goods looked like what twraps offerings, I was curious to what the relationship was. Thanks for the clarification.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome. Wheel insert bag and Velcro Storage Cubby look interesting. Excited to see what else you come up with.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
As some of your goods looked like what twraps offerings, I was curious to what the relationship was. Thanks for the clarification.
It's in their post:
We've also partnered with @twraps to help build our catalog, they're awesome, family-run like us, and share the same passion and vision.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Ordered the screen protector yesterday based on your great video. Thanks!

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Ordered the screen protector yesterday based on your great video. Thanks!
I struggle to make short videos, sorry about that, but I watched another install video this morning that was running at 3 or 4x, and I kept having to hit pause, so at least you don't have to do that :)

I should say that after the video, I noticed a few bubbles, the lack of a screen cleaning mode (to make the screen blank, black and non-touchy) make the install more challenging compared to a Tesla. I could work them all out by wrapping the supplied cloth around a credit card, but just something to watch out for.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I should say that after the video, I noticed a few bubbles, the lack of a screen cleaning mode (to make the screen blank, black and non-touchy) make the install more challenging compared to a Tesla. I could work them all out by wrapping the supplied cloth around a credit card, but just something to watch out for.
Camp mode allows you to turn off the screens.

Cool products, keep 'em coming.

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
And if you want to check out our stuff, it's here.

Cheers!

Honest feedback - you need to have a way to close the "email" flyover on your page. Simply having no way to make it go away (there is no X and clicking Reviews only makes it bigger and more obnoxious.

That being said, from what I could see, some of your stuff looked like people will buy for sure.

Rivian R1T R1S 👋 Hello From Abstract Ocean! 1663093442816

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Honest feedback - you need to have a way to close the "email" flyover on your page. Simply having no way to make it go away (there is no X and clicking Reviews only makes it bigger and more obnoxious.

That being said, from what I could see, some of your stuff looked like people will buy for sure.

1663093442816.png
Excellent point, thanks! fixed it! The close is there, but hidden by the reviews tab, so I've shoved the flyout down to the bottom corner.

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Pretty sure that is what I acknowledged in my post...
There's not much more to it. We have our own vinyl and PPF production in-house, but since @twraps already had a good, established product, we didn't just want to walk in and stomp all over that, we'd much rather support other companies for the greater good of the community. Many of the products we sell for Tesla are made by fellow owners as well. The flip side is we're still pretty small, mostly my wife and I with (very) occasional help from the kids (adults, in theory), so we're more focused on the support side, and product development.

There's other companies out that, naming no names, that 'develop' their wraps by just buying them from us, Twraps, etc, then just copying them, that's not our style, hopefully karma will get them one day.

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Camp mode allows you to turn off the screens.

Cool products, keep 'em coming.
Had no idea, but you're right, just tested it! I'll add it to our support article.
Sponsored