Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I go back and forth all the time, but currently set up for Limestone + Forest Edge with the 20" brights. I'm dead set on Forest Edge, but struggle on how best to match it. White is probably best but I've never wanted a white car, and my wife won't allow double-green. Brights vs dark on the wheels is a tough call but ultimately I think the brights do a better job tying in the chrome strip.
Nice config excerpt the brights just seem too bright and the black wheels have a great contrast to the light color and tie in to the roof and the top of the rear hatch.
Sponsored

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
Nice config excerpt the brights just seem too bright and the black wheels have a great contrast to the light color and tie in to the roof and the top of the rear hatch.
I've been battling with the brights vs black 22" for years ( hate saying years...but its true )...i'm configured with brights and will leave it that way but will always wonder if I could have chosen better.

C'est la vie

Reactions: Guy

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I go back and forth all the time, but currently set up for Limestone + Forest Edge with the 20" brights. I'm dead set on Forest Edge, but struggle on how best to match it. White is probably best but I've never wanted a white car, and my wife won't allow double-green. Brights vs dark on the wheels is a tough call but ultimately I think the brights do a better job tying in the chrome strip.
I'm also torn with this...I really like Limestone and Forest Edge independently, but I don't know about together. I feel like Forest Edge with El Cap or Forest Green are a better match and Limestone is better with Black Mountain. When it comes to the wheels, you can always change them later.

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
I've looked at the Limestone + FE combo through a window and thought it worked. I do know that Rivian's head of design has this combo on his R1S, which is a good sign.

I am probably alone on this, but I really dislike the dark 22's. In person they are really glossy and I think that makes them look cheap. The 22 brights have enough dark to contrast nicely, and look the best IMO.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I am probably alone on this, but I really dislike the dark 22's. In person they are really glossy and I think that makes them look cheap. The 22 brights have enough dark to contrast nicely, and look the best IMO.
Nope, you are not alone. But I am also not generally a fan of black wheels, period.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Nope, you are not alone. But I am also not generally a fan of black wheels, period.
I understand your point about the black 22” but from surveys the bright 20”s are the rarest and I think look the worst. But we have choices which is nice.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I understand your point about the black 22” but from surveys the bright 20”s are the rarest and I think look the worst. But we have choices which is nice.
For the 20s, I'm not a fan of the bright or dark wheel variants. The only AT option that I personally like is the standard 20" All-Terrain. But, as you stated, good to have choices.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I configured Dark 20's but wish I did Brights and just get them powder coated satin black instead to bring down the cost for the potential tax incentives. I'm supposed to get it in the 1H of 23
I configured black 20's but would prefer the brights and just have them satin powder coated to bring down the cost for the supposed tax incentives. As it sits I'm at $81k after signing a PBA but supposedly won't get it until April-June this year. I'm hoping I'd gain access to the R1S shop at some point but hard to believe they'll have my current config with LS + OC.

Sponsored

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
Picked up this morning. So far its awesome even adaptive cruise is great on city streets and Highway has stop and go!!

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LIMESTONE R1S  Photos 023AD5C5-9C6C-467E-8D86-A3944FC5A665

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Picked my Limestone R1T up yesterday in Costa Mesa. Was too focused on the long drive back to SF to stop for glamor shots. Had to make due with this quick shot in a shopping center parking lot.
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LIMESTONE R1S  Photos IMG_2785.JPEG

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Found my Rivian sibling!
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LIMESTONE R1S  Photos tempImageln6hTU
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LIMESTONE R1S  Photos tempImage8v7htt
Sponsored