Sponsored

🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S Photos

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
Congrats! I also received mine this week in NC - my order details are in my signature. Really pleased with my 1.5 days of ownership so far. Hoping many more S’s roll out to the patiently waiting hands…. Ready to take it on the sandy beaches!

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos D0D5F006-7AD7-4449-BAE2-C1E9C0330411
Sponsored

ECR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, FJ
Occupation
Engineer
After 3+ year wait, finally delivered!
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos 00FB932E-DFE7-475A-9645-CE48323483A1

MD Waits

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover. Escalade.
Congrats! They’re gorgeous!

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
We finally took delivery of our R1S after over a 1,000 days of waiting. I would have taken more pictures but we were busy doing 0-60 launches all day :CWL: . The Rivian delivery person told us we got the first Launch Green in the Puget Sound.

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos R1S

Sponsored

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Delivery Day!

Launch Edition, Launch Green, Black Mountain on 22s
VIN in the high 700s.

Excitement level 11

The night before delivery, my Rivian app changed - showing some ways to prepare for actual delivery. How to put it in gear, etc.

Morning of, I got a text from Michael at the Austin SC, letting me know she was staged and ready for delivery. In on the joke, his last text was " [ S==0==0==N ] " which I whole heartedly appreciated.

R1S was sitting up front, ready for photo ops, charged up to 85% and looking HAWT.

We were greeted with a smile, signed a few docs, and were handed 5 keys: Carabiner, Fob, 2 cards and a wristband!

Then we did our walk around. I got to sit in a Rivian for the first time.

I've seen all the videos there are, but I was still a tiny bit taken aback by how Spartan the interior is. That's not a bad thing, I quite like that the focus really does become the screens, the driving and the amazing set of roof glass windows. Really stunning. Seriously.

I will admit here: As someone who overanalyzed and researches decisions; it was unnerving to buy a vehicle without having driven or experienced the actual drive. All concerns allayed though. What a machine!!

Michael did a great walkthrough and teaching session - I almost just said no thanks, as I've been looking and watching every video posted about delivery and reviews. But I ended up having him go with me on setup and a drive since it is my first EV.

Handling/Driving
It handles very much like my Range Rover Sport did - which was a pleasant feeling. That car was a 6500lb SUV too, but drove like it was on rails. And while I do miss the Supercharged v8 grumble, the Rivian pushed me back further in my seat and put a huge smile on my face. As s00n as I got back to the office, I took a few guys out with me and did a proper launch - which got my heart fluttering and giggles from 3 other grown men. The way the SUV lurches and throws the front end up and kicks you back was just unreal. It really is something to experience and words don't do it justice.

From a readiness / Delivery standpoint:
1) They were very transparent - there was a small scratch on the driver inside door handle - which they already had a service ticket in place and are planning to replace. And if they hadn't mentioned it, probably would have taken me a while to notice.

2) I found a weird bulge at the top of the liftgate, which looks like some bolts were just tightened too far. Michael told me it was a good opportunity to show me how to open tickets with the app - so we did right there. Again here - impressions are the Austin SC guys are on point.

3) The Air compressor housing was a bit loose in the side wall - so I opened a ticket for that. Just sits out a bit and I want to have it buttoned up.

As a side note since others have mentioned - The air compressor hose fit just fine on the connector, and I DO have a 12v connector in the frunk.

All panel gaps look pretty good to me.
Paint looked great - though I'm admittedly not one who will look for orange peel or gets mad when my truck is dirty. Already gotten more compliments on the color than I can count.

Matter of fact, before I even walked into the office, the guys next door who were all standing around an Absolutely Stunning 69 Black SS Camaro, came over and I gave my first show and tell - Like a proud father :D

Got used to 1 pedal driving by the time I was back at my office. I hardly ever use cruise control and always prefer to nuance the throttle myself, so it was actually quite intuitive . I was still pleasantly surprised and hope to only get better granular control with time. Just gives me another reason to drive around ;)

Feeling pretty giddy. I wanted to get this up and posted to the community I've learned a good bit from and helped me make some decisions as well, as a thank you and a way to share another perspective and experience. If you don't have yours yet, I sincerely hope it comes S=0=0=N !

🤘 Oh, and first song played: "Today", by the Smashing Pumpkins. 🤘

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos IMG_3583

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos IMG_3582

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos IMG_3594

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos IMG_3598

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Delivery Day!

Launch Edition, Launch Green, Black Mountain on 22s
VIN in the high 700s.

Excitement level 11

The night before delivery, my Rivian app changed - showing some ways to prepare for actual delivery. How to put it in gear, etc.

Morning of, I got a text from Michael at the Austin SC, letting me know she was staged and ready for delivery. In on the joke, his last text was " [ S==0==0==N ] " which I whole heartedly appreciated.

R1S was sitting up front, ready for photo ops, charged up to 85% and looking HAWT.

We were greeted with a smile, signed a few docs, and were handed 5 keys: Carabiner, Fob, 2 cards and a wristband!

Then we did our walk around. I got to sit in a Rivian for the first time.

I've seen all the videos there are, but I was still a tiny bit taken aback by how Spartan the interior is. That's not a bad thing, I quite like that the focus really does become the screens, the driving and the amazing set of roof glass windows. Really stunning. Seriously.

I will admit here: As someone who overanalyzed and researches decisions; it was unnerving to buy a vehicle without having driven or experienced the actual drive. All concerns allayed though. What a machine!!

Michael did a great walkthrough and teaching session - I almost just said no thanks, as I've been looking and watching every video posted about delivery and reviews. But I ended up having him go with me on setup and a drive since it is my first EV.

Handling/Driving
It handles very much like my Range Rover Sport did - which was a pleasant feeling. That car was a 6500lb SUV too, but drove like it was on rails. And while I do miss the Supercharged v8 grumble, the Rivian pushed me back further in my seat and put a huge smile on my face. As s00n as I got back to the office, I took a few guys out with me and did a proper launch - which got my heart fluttering and giggles from 3 other grown men. The way the SUV lurches and throws the front end up and kicks you back was just unreal. It really is something to experience and words don't do it justice.

From a readiness / Delivery standpoint:
1) They were very transparent - there was a small scratch on the driver inside door handle - which they already had a service ticket in place and are planning to replace. And if they hadn't mentioned it, probably would have taken me a while to notice.

2) I found a weird bulge at the top of the liftgate, which looks like some bolts were just tightened too far. Michael told me it was a good opportunity to show me how to open tickets with the app - so we did right there. Again here - impressions are the Austin SC guys are on point.

3) The Air compressor housing was a bit loose in the side wall - so I opened a ticket for that. Just sits out a bit and I want to have it buttoned up.

As a side note since others have mentioned - The air compressor hose fit just fine on the connector, and I DO have a 12v connector in the frunk.

All panel gaps look pretty good to me.
Paint looked great - though I'm admittedly not one who will look for orange peel or gets mad when my truck is dirty. Already gotten more compliments on the color than I can count.

Matter of fact, before I even walked into the office, the guys next door who were all standing around an Absolutely Stunning 69 Black SS Camaro, came over and I gave my first show and tell - Like a proud father :D

Got used to 1 pedal driving by the time I was back at my office. I hardly ever use cruise control and always prefer to nuance the throttle myself, so it was actually quite intuitive . I was still pleasantly surprised and hope to only get better granular control with time. Just gives me another reason to drive around ;)

Feeling pretty giddy. I wanted to get this up and posted to the community I've learned a good bit from and helped me make some decisions as well, as a thank you and a way to share another perspective and experience. If you don't have yours yet, I sincerely hope it comes S=0=0=N !

🤘 Oh, and first song played: "Today", by the Smashing Pumpkins. 🤘

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg
Congrats! Looks great!!

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Just got a set of R600 Fully Forged Wheels on Rivian R1S - https://evsportline.com/collections...l-wheels-for-use-with-rivian-r1t-r1s-set-of-4

• Size: 20x8.5" Front, 20x8.5" Rear
  • Offset: +40 Front / Rear
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x5.5 (5x139.7mm)
  • Engineered by Team 1EV for use with factory Rivian lug nuts (not included)
  • Engineered by Team 1EV to use factory Rivian TPMS (not included)
  • Engineered by Team 1EV to use Rivian center caps (not included)
  • Bi-Directional, okay in any wheel position
  • Anti-Slip Knurled Bead
  • Center Bore: 64.1 mm
  • Construction: Fully Forged
  • Weight: 31.9 bs
  • Load Rating: 1,125 kg/2,480 lbs
  • Recommended Tire Size: 275/65/20
  • Colors: Satin (Matte) Black or Diamond Black

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos r1sr6001
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos r1sr6002
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos r1sr6003
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos r1sr6006

Sponsored

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
After 846 days of waiting, today was the day my launch green R1S was delivered. Honestly, the car seems damn near perfect. Panel gaps are consistent. Bolts are tight.

The only issue I found after careful scrutiny was the plastic trim around the driver side rear wheel well. It was slightly loose and wiggled a little like a loose tooth. The other side was secure and didn't move at all. Very minor issue, but I'll have service look at it if/when something else comes up.

I drove it on two short local trips. Picked the kids up from school. They were super excited to be picked up in the new rivian. I definitely saw some parents checking it out.

I didn't have an opportunity to open it up on the highway yet. No weird squeaks or noises so far.

Knock on warm ash wood trim...so far so good.

Didn't have time to take proper photos, but here's what I have so far:

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos 0FB8D632-FA93-4D32-B152-64372E4E0525

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos E64D92D5-484D-49E9-92D4-C1FEBF47D099

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos 256CFB6A-8869-4D16-BFA8-26A07E982E3F

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos C443B460-F585-47AA-AC34-DD57DB510C79

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos CACB3F48-02E1-493F-9410-A81EDDD075D4

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos DB504D74-4CF3-4D7E-960A-96659F7A06D6

Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos ED892A10-FE61-4206-ACA4-1C49933B3A9B

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
Picked up my R1S Yesterday 4 years 25 days after making my reservation for a LG FE 22”s. The delivery process was a joy as simple if not easier than when I bought my Tesla. In and out in under an hour.

First impressions form day 1 and 45 miles driven. I will do a full review in a few weeks after I’ve lived with it, washed it, and ceramic coated it 😊

Fit and Finish: Absolutely perfect zero panel gaps everything lines up and all trim is tight and fitted nice and snug. On par with many of my other cars Porsche, MB, Audi, Range Rover at their delivery and better than my Tesla S at delivery.

Paint: Perfect it is blemish free no nibs or compound marks noticed one very small chip/rub mark that was fixable with my Rivian touchup paint.

Interior: Perfect very good no marks and seat bolsters are fitted perfectly everything works and it is also fitted well.

Sound system is top of class for sure.

The AC fan on low is very similar to how my eTron was at delivery noticeable but not annoying

The compressor is noticeable but very low I was worried based on a lot of comments here that it would be loud its fine.

The ride is amazing given the power to weight ratio its understandable that it’s a peppy bouncy ride reminds me of a Cheetah all muscle but without a flexible spine so super fast but you feel it :) .
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos IMG_9953
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos IMG_9955
Rivian R1T R1S 🎨 LAUNCH GREEN R1S  Photos IMG_9956