Sponsored

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Exactly 1421 days after pre-ordering, I have my R1T! I'm still floating in the clouds (just like it drives), and I'm exhausted from a long day, but here are the notes:
  • 9am pickup time. Woke up early for a pickup from my dad. It was snowing pretty heavily when we left my place at 7:45-ish, but the service center in Richmond decided to not reschedule any deliveries. The weather cleared up right around the time we got there, thankfully.
  • Chris was the one who walked me through all the signing and the walkthrough. Incidentally he was also who did my first drive at the open house back in November, and ALSO hosted my First Mile demo drive in January. Great guy, all smiles, 10/10!
  • We joked that because I've been a pre-order holder for so long and that I've absorbed all marketing and review materials and all the YouTube videos, I likely know more about the R1T than him, so I practically gave HIM a walkthrough 🤣
  • Setting up the phone key was a breeze. It's a bit unresponsive on a Pixel phone though, so I'm probably just going to stick with the fob for now.
  • Drove it off the lot to my parents who live around the corner and setup shop there for the remainder of the day while I caught up on work. Went back and forth the my new truck because I wanted to dial in my preferences (of which there are a lot!)
  • We ended up going to my nephews hockey game about 20 minutes drive away. Tried out navigation - seemed pretty reasonable actually? Highway 91 appears to be mapped so I got to break-in Driver+. Handled it great aside from one or two lane merges / junctions.
  • I dropped my parents off then hit the highway back home. I was a bit leary with parking in my admittedly cramped apartment parkade but I managed to get into my spot without much issue. Birdseye camera REALLY helped here.
  • I also got a notification right when I got home that the latest OTA update is ready for my Rivian, so I'll have to get that done tomorrow.
Here she is tucked in for the night:
Rivian R1T R1S 🍁Canadian Rivian deliveries full steam ahead! AKA I HAVE AN R1T NOW! PXL_20230301_043911846_2
Sponsored

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Congrats and thanks for the write up! Keep us posted on how it continues to go.

OP
OP

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Congrats and thanks for the write up! Keep us posted on how it continues to go.
I have an efficiency test planned for Saturday morning out to Hope and back!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Oh Yeah!

Rivian R1T R1S 🍁Canadian Rivian deliveries full steam ahead! AKA I HAVE AN R1T NOW! 1677674953780

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Very nice. Yes, the phone can be inconsistent. Most of the time the doors open pretty quickly, but then will leave you standing wondering when the heck it will unlock. I swear the lower the temps and having the wife at the passenger door asking you to unlock it increases the lag in responding to the phone exponentially. A while back someone posted a tip to push the gear tunnel button on the rail as that triggers the vehicle to "look" for a key. That seemed to work great when it was posted, but not at all recently.

I would be curious to hear what your charging options are being in an apartment. As a homeowner it's 1000 times better owning an EV for me compared to my ICE vehicle, but where I live if I didn't have an option at home it would be a different story. Not impossible, just a much greater PIA, and more expensive.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Rubicon789

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance; Minivan
Occupation
Pilot
Congrats, one day my R1S will arrive. Maybe 2030 if I'm lucky ;)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This must be the first delivery to anyone in canada on these forums!

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
You don't happen to be skiing up Seymour right now by chance? I was coming down about 30 mins ago and the same colour R1T was headed up!

DarcyL

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Occupation
Lawyer
Clubs

This must be the first delivery to anyone in canada on these forums!
That may be but def not the first delivery in BC. I had my guide call last week and he told me there have been 2 or 3 R1S deliveries in BC so far. Almost certainly more R1T's than that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
You don't happen to be skiing up Seymour right now by chance? I was coming down about 30 mins ago and the same colour R1T was headed up!
Nah, not me! There were quite a few deliveries this week from what I understand. Mine was still a double-digit delivery as of yesterday. We're still likely under 100 total for BC (maybe Canada overall?).

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
We're still likely under 100 total for BC (maybe Canada overall?).
They aren't delivering any outside of BC at the moment. So Canada overall. My 8 steps is open. And I have a VIN. Did you get notified when it shipped from normal? Or did you have to check with the guide team for updates on it?

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Exactly 1421 days after pre-ordering, I have my R1T! I'm still floating in the clouds (just like it drives), and I'm exhausted from a long day, but here are the notes:
  • 9am pickup time. Woke up early for a pickup from my dad. It was snowing pretty heavily when we left my place at 7:45-ish, but the service center in Richmond decided to not reschedule any deliveries. The weather cleared up right around the time we got there, thankfully.
  • Chris was the one who walked me through all the signing and the walkthrough. Incidentally he was also who did my first drive at the open house back in November, and ALSO hosted my First Mile demo drive in January. Great guy, all smiles, 10/10!
  • We joked that because I've been a pre-order holder for so long and that I've absorbed all marketing and review materials and all the YouTube videos, I likely know more about the R1T than him, so I practically gave HIM a walkthrough 🤣
  • Setting up the phone key was a breeze. It's a bit unresponsive on a Pixel phone though, so I'm probably just going to stick with the fob for now.
  • Drove it off the lot to my parents who live around the corner and setup shop there for the remainder of the day while I caught up on work. Went back and forth the my new truck because I wanted to dial in my preferences (of which there are a lot!)
  • We ended up going to my nephews hockey game about 20 minutes drive away. Tried out navigation - seemed pretty reasonable actually? Highway 91 appears to be mapped so I got to break-in Driver+. Handled it great aside from one or two lane merges / junctions.
  • I dropped my parents off then hit the highway back home. I was a bit leary with parking in my admittedly cramped apartment parkade but I managed to get into my spot without much issue. Birdseye camera REALLY helped here.
  • I also got a notification right when I got home that the latest OTA update is ready for my Rivian, so I'll have to get that done tomorrow.
Here she is tucked in for the night:
PXL_20230301_043911846_2.jpg
Nice. You beat me by like 4 years.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
That may be but def not the first delivery in BC. I had my guide call last week and he told me there have been 2 or 3 R1S deliveries in BC so far. Almost certainly more R1T's than that.
Yeah, thus the “on these forums”.

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
I have an efficiency test planned for Saturday morning out to Hope and back!
Just confirming you made it? I heard with the exchange rate the Canadian Rivian models achieve less km's than the US models...
Sponsored