Sponsored

【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area.

OP
OP
BestEvMod(AOSK)

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
As promised here is my review of the prototype with a few pictures to hopefully show everyone how this works.
IMG_1399.jpeg

In this first picture you can see my Yeti vacuum bottle and a 32oz Nalgene bottle. The yeti is taller and fits with a little slack the 32" Nalgene is a perfect fit. Even with the little bit of slack on the yeti and my bottle fairly empty I didn't notice any significant rattling while driving or any tipping issues my rating for fitting water bottles is 10/10

IMG_1401.jpeg

The Nalgene bottle fits perfectly underneath the cup holder pop out but this would render that side unusable for putting something in that holder. The Yeti bottle hits the pop out drink holder, but it still comes out enough to be usable. SO you can rock drinks up top AND the yeti but not drinks up top and the Nalgene, at least no drinks over the Nalgene.

Overall fit and finish durability wise is also 10/10. This thing is going to last quite a while of daily drink carting around no problem. Now for the downsides.

IMG_1402.jpeg

The camp speaker cannot come out with the tray in place. Personally I couldn't care less about this and for how often the speaker will be used I won't even notice. Plus with how rigid the tray is popping it out would be super easy. The whole tray fits into place perfectly so taking it in and out would be really easy.

IMG_1403.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

You can see by these images that the center dividers and the outer edges are not as deep as the actual rivian tray. If the dividers and the outside edges were a little taller this divider would be perfect. The front compartment is just about perfect for my wife's purse, and it didn't tip over until I was a little heavy on the accelerator, which happens pretty frequently in my R1. A little deeper compartments would solve that issue.

Overall I will still probably buy one in black when they come out, and I would definitely buy one if the dividers and compartments were a little deeper. I'm sure you guys can see the gear guard plush tag in there, that's because that's the space Gary used to ride in. Don't worry about him though, he's okay and he found another spot he's happy with.

IMG_1405.jpeg
Thank you so much for this review! and we think we are able to grab enough important information here for us to make a perfect lower console holder with cup holder now!

The cup holder on the rear position might block the OEM drink holder is a very very important information for us

Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. f72eef67ec5bd189a401aa81327bfb2

we will probably go for this design and have the cup holder in the middle area to completely avoid this issue.

and thank you so much for that important information regarding the divider being too short, we almost missed this detail here, I will bring it to our design team and have them make it deeper.

Thank you again for this valuable and detailed feedback!
Sponsored

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

we will probably go for this design and have the cup holder in the middle area to completely avoid this issue.
Personally if I'm utilizing this lower cup holder then I doubt I would be using the upper cup holder. Unsure if others are in the same camp or not. I'd rather the cup holders in this tray stay where you've got them. That way the other useable storage area is still decently sized. If moved to the middle you've now divided up the storage space. How you've got it currently is exactly what I've been wanting.

F123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Personally if I'm utilizing this lower cup holder then I doubt I would be using the upper cup holder. Unsure if others are in the same camp or not. I'd rather the cup holders in this tray stay where you've got them. That way the other useable storage area is still decently sized. If moved to the middle you've now divided up the storage space. How you've got it currently is exactly what I've been wanting.
Me too

OP
OP
BestEvMod(AOSK)

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hi, the mold is almost finished. we adjust the design for a couple time after the first sample posted here.
the mold will be finished in 3 days, and we will be running a sample production run very soon now. once the sample is perfectly done, we will start to mass production them immediately and send it to US warehouse.
We are looking at 40 days. (30days on ocean cargo)

Sponsored

F123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hi, the mold is almost finished. we adjust the design for a couple time after the first sample posted here.
the mold will be finished in 3 days, and we will be running a sample production run very soon now. once the sample is perfectly done, we will start to mass production them immediately and send it to US warehouse.
We are looking at 40 days. (30days on ocean cargo)
Great news! Could we get a photo of the latest design? And approximate pricing? Thank you!

OP
OP
BestEvMod(AOSK)

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Great news! Could we get a photo of the latest design? And approximate pricing? Thank you!
OK! we will send a real life image once we run a sample production run.
its very similar to one of the previous design which has the cup holder in the middle position. We have done some testing, this design layout shall work the best.

and we added some removable limiting stoppers(is this how we call it? Those things that make the cup stable) in the cup holder area, so that Owners could change the cup holder size.

We also tried a couple of fancier limiting stopper designs and did some testing with them. We think the removable one might not be the best-looking one, but it's the safest and most stable one considering this cup holder will be underneath and we definitely need it to hold the cup/bottle firmly.

We haven't calculated the cost yet, might be slightly higher than our regular lower console tray since the mold is much taller and we made another mold for the limiting stopper.

Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. c6c2d0c449d6c3e0bc6d4f59dae24b8

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Looking forward to this!!! My biggest gripe with the truck is the cup holders and we never use them.

OP
OP
BestEvMod(AOSK)

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This is how the sample production run piece looks like, we will be making PVC liners for this organizer as well. has a slight issue removing it from the mold, we will make some minor adjustments on the mold and run another sample production run.

(please ignore the surface finish, we haven't polished the mold yet, final one will be beautiful)
Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. d0ad2d47a58bbc9d4390ea06b6b208e

Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
This is how the sample production run piece looks like, we will be making PVC liners for this organizer as well. has a slight issue removing it from the mold, we will make some minor adjustments on the mold and run another sample production run.

(please ignore the surface finish, we haven't polished the mold yet, final one will be beautiful)
d0ad2d47a58bbc9d4390ea06b6b208e.jpg
Looks great and can’t wait to get one! We have 3 kids so more cupholders are needed for sure!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
We had the initial sample for testing and my wife was telling me the other day how she wished that instead of two solid cup holders there was a slit down the side so you could put a mug with a handle in them. I see this new design would also work for that.

I showed her and she is impressed. Looking forward to the final product.

OP
OP
BestEvMod(AOSK)

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
a small update regarding this product.
we had finished the production on the tray, and currently making the liner(we will have all black liner too).
it shall be sent to ocean cargo very soon now.
we are expecting 1 month from now.
Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. 85e4d21f3e6f5933d9e91023f8d15de

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
a small update regarding this product.
we had finished the production on the tray, and currently making the liner(we will have all black liner too).
it shall be sent to ocean cargo very soon now.
we are expecting 1 month from now.
85e4d21f3e6f5933d9e91023f8d15de.jpg
What's the final price going to be and when can we order this?!?!

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
I will order an all black unit when available
Sponsored