Sponsored

【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area.

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

...but hopefully, deep enough so that a 16.9oz water bottle wouldn't topple over
Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

This looks awesome. It'd be great if it could hold 32oz Hydroflask water bottles.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Are you using this in the lower console space or elsewhere? Looks pretty sweet.
Yep! on the road trip it held a roll of paper towels, tissue box, 2 large nalgenes and a snack stash. It's not the coolest looking thing, but it works perfectly.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Yep! on the road trip it held a roll of paper towels, tissue box, 2 large nalgenes and a snack stash. It's not the coolest looking thing, but it works perfectly.
Sounds very functional. I just bought it. Thank you for sharing!

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

may i know whats the diameter for the 32oz hydroflask water bottle?
Hydroflasks can come with a rubber boot on the bottom to protect them from drops. With the boot its 93.37mm. Squeezing the calipers I can get it down to 93. Without the boot it's 91.
Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. 1679922490350

Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. 1679922521812

Sponsored

OP
OP
BestEvMod(AOSK)

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hydroflasks can come with a rubber boot on the bottom to protect them from drops. With the boot its 93.37mm. Squeezing the calipers I can get it down to 93. Without the boot it's 91.
1679922490350.png

1679922521812.png
thanks! our current design on the cup holder will fit this bottle perfectly.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I have one of the test samples, I also have a 32 oz Nalgene bottle here. Look here tomorrow for a full review of this organizer. I think you guys are going to like it.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I remember when talking about the lack of cup holders was taboo and now we’re all ready to turn our (for some us it’s still in the future) expensive modern vehicles into a collection of eclectic (and made of various materials) add-ons.
I still don’t understand some of the decisions made by the interior design and ergonomics team.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
As promised here is my review of the prototype with a few pictures to hopefully show everyone how this works.
Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. IMG_1399

In this first picture you can see my Yeti vacuum bottle and a 32oz Nalgene bottle. The yeti is taller and fits with a little slack the 32" Nalgene is a perfect fit. Even with the little bit of slack on the yeti and my bottle fairly empty I didn't notice any significant rattling while driving or any tipping issues my rating for fitting water bottles is 10/10

Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. IMG_1401

The Nalgene bottle fits perfectly underneath the cup holder pop out but this would render that side unusable for putting something in that holder. The Yeti bottle hits the pop out drink holder, but it still comes out enough to be usable. SO you can rock drinks up top AND the yeti but not drinks up top and the Nalgene, at least no drinks over the Nalgene.

Overall fit and finish durability wise is also 10/10. This thing is going to last quite a while of daily drink carting around no problem. Now for the downsides.

Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. IMG_1402

The camp speaker cannot come out with the tray in place. Personally I couldn't care less about this and for how often the speaker will be used I won't even notice. Plus with how rigid the tray is popping it out would be super easy. The whole tray fits into place perfectly so taking it in and out would be really easy.

Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. IMG_1403

Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. IMG_1404

You can see by these images that the center dividers and the outer edges are not as deep as the actual rivian tray. If the dividers and the outside edges were a little taller this divider would be perfect. The front compartment is just about perfect for my wife's purse, and it didn't tip over until I was a little heavy on the accelerator, which happens pretty frequently in my R1. A little deeper compartments would solve that issue.

Overall I will still probably buy one in black when they come out, and I would definitely buy one if the dividers and compartments were a little deeper. I'm sure you guys can see the gear guard plush tag in there, that's because that's the space Gary used to ride in. Don't worry about him though, he's okay and he found another spot he's happy with.

Rivian R1T R1S 【update: opinion needed】Organizer for that massive space on the lower console area. IMG_1405
Sponsored