Sponsored

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Rivian R1T is More Loved than Ford Trucks, Strategic Vision's Most Loved Vehicle Awards Explains Why

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ed-vehicle-awards-explains-why-301746019.html

SAN DIEGO, Feb. 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The Rivian R1T ranks above all electric and gas-powered pickups as the most Loved truck in America. The answer to why is detailed in Strategic Vision's annual Most Loved Vehicles™ (MLV), which examines 118 different vehicle attributes and features measured on a unique scale that captures the "top box" experiences owners Love. Strategic Vision's President and industry spokesman Alexander Edwards breaks down how this research explains the R1T's success; "The R1T generated more love with truck owners, including very competitive Ford models, often where it counts. For example, owners rated the R1T better than the F-150 and F-150 Lighting in Towing Capacity. The R1T also generated more love in all Ford truck models, including the F-250, in other important attributes such as Acceleration from Stop, Passing Capability, Off-Road Capability, Ground Clearance, Level of Standard Equipment, and Quality of Interior Materials."

Strategic Vision is the only research company in the world that provides large-scale, comprehensive research using detailed attribute study measurements from a seven-point super-ordinal scale that uses words and phrases from the natural language expressed by consumers as they describe how they feel about an experience. Christopher Chaney, Senior Vice President of Strategic Vision, explains the benefits of the deeper research conducted by Strategic Vision, "When people use words such as 'hate,' 'satisfied,' and 'love,' they express the emotional impact of a rational experience. Scales that only judge 'satisfaction' miss the full extent of the experience. 'Love' leads to loyalty and advocacy and that is what we measure," says Chaney. "Failing to measure Love misses the traits which create loyalty, missing future sales. If Love were properly measured and applied to the very first Apple iPhone experiences, Blackberry and others would probably not have lost many billions of dollars in market share to Apple," concludes Chaney.

EV makers, government agencies and Wall Street can all learn lessons from studying the Most Loved Vehicles and take notes from the success of the customer experience like Rivian and the other leaders. "With current economic struggles, close attention should be paid to what vehicle younger buyers Love and can afford to purchase, such as the Hyundai Kona and how it provides owners with a small wealth of impactful features," remarks Strategic Vision analyst, Ryan Ruiz. "Understanding why the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport elicits the feelings it does will help automotive manufacturers communicate more effectively to potential future customers resulting in increased sales, market share, and stock value," concludes Ruiz.

Further findings from Strategic Vision's latest research bore the following results. Kia found success with the K5, Stinger, and Carnival as they are category leaders in 2023. The Kia Stinger was also the Most Loved mass-market vehicle among both African and Latin Americans. The BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe and BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe tied with the Infiniti QX50 as leaders among the same categories in their respective segments. Other highlights include the Mercedes-Benz GLE as the Most Loved luxury SUV/CUV. The Porsche 911 and Bentley Continental were statistically tied for the Most Loved Vehicle in their segment.

Rivian R1T R1S ❣️ Rivian R1T is More Loved than Ford Trucks in Strategic Vision's Most Loved Vehicle Awards Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 2.16.01 PM

Strategic Vision is an international consulting and advisory services organization that focuses on understanding and predicting advocacy, conquest, and loyalty according to personal values and decision-making structure. Strategic Vision's annual Most Loved Vehicles (MLV) report is based on annual results from 200,000 new vehicle owners in the New Vehicle Experience Study (NVES). NVES possesses large sample research, including unique brands like Bentley, Rolls Royce, Maserati, etc. and can examine most loved categories among all emerging markets, such as African and Latin Americans.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I agree with the survey, that is, I love my R1T, but let me point out that "most loved" depends a lot on perception rather than facts. Jeep owners, for example, really love their vehicles even though they have very poor reliability ratings. So "most loved" doesn't really equate to "best" in any particular category. I think it's a valid metric though, because it's saying that people really like their Rivian despite any problems they might be having. Sort of like marriage - overall I love my wife, but ...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Under 29ers most loved being the Hyundai Kona actually makes the most sense :ontheloo:

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Under 29ers most loved being the Hyundai Kona actually makes the most sense :ontheloo:
We share a place with mitsubishi outlanders and hyundai konas.
$RIVN go brrr

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Very fitting to be published on Valentine's Day. Agree 100% Love the truck and the Brand!

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I just wish that I could get one to love.

Brian

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

What'll you take in trade for the T-Bird? Asking for a friend...
The Peacock '56 is Norman T. Bird. We have had him since 1986. He would probably not be for sale for any price.

Brian

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I think Rivian should get you yours for being one of the most patient. 😉
I agree. I wish that you were in charge at Rivian.

Brian

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

The Peacock '56 is Norman T. Bird. We have had him since 1986. He would probably not be for sale for any price.

Brian
Brian,

It does my heart good to hear you say that. If things turn bad for you, please just don't go all Thelma and Louise on us! I cried my eyes out as their T-Bird went flying off the cliff and soaring into the Grand Canyon.

Rivian R1T R1S ❣️ Rivian R1T is More Loved than Ford Trucks in Strategic Vision's Most Loved Vehicle Awards 1676432293656

If you do decide to go out that way, please go to Enterprise and rent a Sonata....with full coverage. I'd be more than happy to give Norman a great home. Um, I mean my friend would...

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

If you do decide to go out that way, please go to Enterprise and rent a Sonata....with full coverage. I'd be more than happy to give Norman a great home. Um, I mean my friend would...
@moosetags Opt for the Hyundai Kona, at least you'll feel young when you go over.

Where've you been @DuckTruck ?! You've missed all the action!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@moosetags Opt for the Hyundai Kona, at least you'll feel young when you go over.

Where've you been @DuckTruck ?! You've missed all the action!
I've been exploring a bit and lost touch with these forums, along with the news, in general. It's a big world out there and I hope everyone gets a chance to see it, but it's great to be home, and back here in this community. Hope to catch up soo....in the near future.

Any headlines you can point me towards to help shorten the learning curve? Love the stories of all those here who now have their Rivians!

Last edited:

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Brian,

It does my heart good to hear you say that. If things turn bad for you, please just don't go all Thelma and Louise on us! I cried my eyes out as their T-Bird went flying off the cliff and soaring into the Grand Canyon.

1676432293656.png

Rent a mitsubishi outlander or hyundai kona so the survey will get skewed.
Sponsored