First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Ideally I'm waiting for the fully unloaded max pack version, manual windows, hole in the floor for SPBF (Self Propelled By Foot) technology, gear tunnel-less version. If I wait long enough, I'll get there.

😔
Happy Friday.
—HICA.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
^ I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a CV-Joint/Half Shaft recall next. You can't just hide your head in the sand an wish the problems away.
Agree. Dead in traffic is recall material.

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
stock took a pretty good hit from just the under torqued bolts. What's going to happen if they have to replace CV-joint and half Shaft..............Abandon ship as one famous stock guru would say...

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
our powered cover died after a week
When there was a ( short lived) service center nearby they removed it
Not missing it and would take a credit , some side rails, or other gear.
It seemed like the weakest made part just watching it operate
Save for the tocking, clanking and dislocating half shafts.

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think the can't be retrofitted statement is total BS because what are they going to do with the 12,000 trucks that have been promised to get the updated version when available

If Tesla is used as a guide, “early adopters” get screwed and forgotten.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I suspect the vent control decision was about cost and upgradability (software upgrade) and not about trying to be fancy.
Nah, it was to keep up with then”Jones” aka Tesla.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

If Tesla is used as a guide, “early adopters” get screwed and forgotten.
This has not been my experience nor my friends and family’s. Plenty of things to criticize about Tesla but I’m not sure this is one of them.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I get that people are disappointed, but I honestly don't know what else Rivian could have done here, other than not release the powered tonneau at all. It wouldn't make any sense for them to continue buying the powered cover from whatever supplier that makes it, knowing that it needed a redesign (nor would it make sense for the supplier to continue to produce it). It also doesn't make sense for Rivian to make any promises right now about when the powered cover will return or whether it will be able to be retrofitted. My guess is that they don't actually know because the supplier and/or Rivian haven't actually figured out the solution yet.

They can't pause production while waiting for a solution and they can't prioritize those with manual or no cover builds because the entire customer base would be up in arms about order priority more so than they already are. Rivian's decision to stop production of the cover isn't the problem. The problem goes all the way back to the original design and the decision to ship the R1T with it in the first place, even when they knew there were issues (i.e., the covers being inoperable/locked out on demo vehicles). At this point, they are just trying to make the best out of a poor decision that was made a year ago.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This has not been my experience nor my friends and family’s. Plenty of things to criticize about Tesla but I’m not sure this is one of them.
Ask any early adopter who purchased FSD…. They still are waiting to get into FSD beta. Waiting forever for camera replacements and other reasons. I have three Teslas and can also speak from first hand experience.

Sponsored

BCan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So no Canadian orders will get a powered tonneau indefinitely....we've been totally screwed by Rivian.
I live in a wintery environment…and I wish I didn’t have a powered cover. It’s doomed for failure with any ice/snow on it. Heck, it’s doomed to fail with dirt on it. My plan is to keep it closed all winter. You want/ordered a power cover…i get your frustration…just throwing this out there as a possible silver lining.

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
Guys Guys, stop complaining for every single thing !!! we all knew this is a brand new vehicle, designed by a 35 year old guy that never designed a car, leave alone an electric pickup..... So we are going to have issues, deal with them and in the meantime enjoy what the truck has to offer and remember, there is none, zero, cars like this in the market.

One more thing, I hear a lot of people crying about "PRE" March pricing.... I want my pre march prices on the tonneau, the gear camping, bla bla bla...... Listen, the world has changed, is not the same world of 2 years ago, we are in a complete different escenario, If we don't pay the current market prices we are going to bankrupt the company and then what ? get a cybertruck ? a Lighthing ? FUCK NO ! I LOVE MY RIVIAN, Lets give Rivian the support they need.

MKSRT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RT1
No one has brought the question about the owners who have the tonneau cover installed. What does Rivian have planned to do with the owners who have them already and what happens when they fail?

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Ask any early adopter who purchased FSD…. They still are waiting to get into FSD beta. Waiting forever for camera replacements and other reasons. I have three Teslas and can also speak from first hand experience.
You are 100% right on FSD. It's beyond abandonment, it's fraud. That didn't even occur to me. Camera replacements (my friend has been waiting on his forever) isn't an early adopter issue though.

Kaprice

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Quest
Occupation
Marketer
I get that people are disappointed, but I honestly don't know what else Rivian could have done here, other than not release the powered tonneau at all.
Well, what *I* would have expected is that they did enough Quality Control to know that the design was flawed and, yes, NOT deliver them until they were bullet proof.
Sponsored