Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
So no Canadian orders will get a powered tonneau indefinitely....we've been totally screwed by Rivian.
Sponsored

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Yeah, we posted seconds apart. @Administrator, if you could merge or delete, that'd be great. Thanks.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I don’t understand why they would change the bed design to having no side rails. Wouldn’t they want to leave people the option of buying their manual tonneau or having the powered version installed later?
1000% this. Between folks deciding to buy Rivian's manual tonneau later or allowing the aftermarket to do something the rails ought to stay.

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
Just heard this on the chat: Retrofit is not possible. You will not have the option to add the powered cover later. It is manual or nothing. Those are the choices. Once the new powered covers are available again, then you can order it again. In the meantime, people taking deliveries between now and then are stuck.
Such BULL! I should be able to get no cover and then get the power covered installed when it becomes available at pre March pricing. I swear they keep taking options away so pre March orders will just give up and cancel. Items being taken away are some of the very reasons why I ordered the Rivian. I feel it is still good deal at pre March pricing but they just keep chipping away at the stone.

OP
OP
MountainBikeDude

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Ideally I'm waiting for the fully unloaded max pack version, manual windows, hole in the floor for SPBF (Self Propelled By Foot) technology, gear tunnel-less version. If I wait long enough, I'll get there.

😔
Happy Friday.

Sponsored

MrMetlHed

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4xe, R1T (Order 2/20/22, from Shop 2/11/23)
Occupation
Journalist @ Reuters
Not a fan of half assed changes in direction, with half baked non answers to questions that are blatantly going to be asked.
This is the most frustrating part for me. Past few communications have all left obvious questions unaddressed.

Will the new camp kitchen be available at the same price to long-time preorders when it is ready?
Will the new tent + brake light be available at the same price or will I have to buy the brake light at some high cost?
Will the powered tonneau be available to install after delivery when the new design is ready? And at what cost?

All obviously going to be the first thing anyone asks. Or at least close to it. I appreciate that they're communicating more, but it all seems like they know the answers to these things and just don't want to say in public.

I try not to be too cynical, but it'd be pretty funny if all of the Locked In Price orders were delivered and everything suddenly became fixed and available widely.

*sigh*

Edited to add: The Friday night thing is so awful for their customer service and customers. They're not the government doing a news drop, they could be a little kinder to everyone.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

If they are going to take time to cook up these emails before sending them, why not answer the questions that are bound to be asked? Save your team the time and strain of having to bs customers during the obvious infulx of questions following its deployment and cover your bases.

Rawr...... rant over.
Because he's really bad writing these emails. This is another entry in a long series of half-baked notices that don't address the issue at hand. While I sympathize with having to be a bearer of bad news, it's not hard to do better. Just spend a few moments thinking of the questions your customers will have. You know, like will one of the defining features of the R1T be available as a retrofit or can customers delay their delivery until it's ready. Hiding the bad news will only frustrate your customers further. Girding myself for more disappointment when we get new delivery estimates. Every one of these sloppy indefinite delay emails dims my enthusiasm for buying an R1T.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
So no Canadian orders will get a powered tonneau indefinitely....we've been totally screwed by Rivian.
Pretty tired of being strung along. Anticipating disappointment at the end of the month.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
1000% this. Between folks deciding to buy Rivian's manual tonneau later or allowing the aftermarket to do something the rails ought to stay.
Plus the complexity of different bed designs, BOMs, and assembly.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

This is the most frustrating part for me. Past few communications have all left obvious questions unaddressed.

Will the new camp kitchen be available at the same price to long-time preorders when it is ready?
Will the new tent + brake light be available at the same price or will I have to buy the brake light at some high cost?
Will the powered tonneau be available to install after delivery when the new design is ready? And at what cost?

All obviously going to be the first thing anyone asks. Or at least close to it. I appreciate that they're communicating more, but it all seems like they know the answers to these things and just don't want to say in public.

I try not to be too cynical, but it'd be pretty funny if all of the Locked In Price orders were delivered and everything suddenly became fixed and available widely.

*sigh*
I don't appreciate it. This only creates more confusion and frustration. This is a thirty billion dollar corporation running their coms department like a high school newsletter.

Sponsored

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Such BULL! I should be able to get no cover and then get the power covered installed when it becomes available at pre March pricing. I swear they keep taking options away so pre March orders will just give up and cancel. Items being taken away are some of the very reasons why I ordered the Rivian. I feel it is still good deal at pre March pricing but they just keep chipping away at the stone.
I'm with you. If I didn't have pre-March pricing, I'd be out.

OP
OP
MountainBikeDude

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

It pains me to say this, but in Rivians defense, how well would the powered tonneau have coped with Canadian winters? Not well, most wouldn't.

Not a fan of going from powered space saving convenience, to non powered 4 panel awkwardness and giving up storage every time I decide to run tonneauless.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Expect the new price to be $3000 when it returns in 2023. Ouch…

Members who received their trucks with the powered tonneau cover should feel like they won the lottery. They will be eligible for a no charge 2.0 cover upgrade whin it’s available in 2023.
Sponsored

Last edited: