Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I refuse to watch the video just based on that thumbnail.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

"Rapid" charger? "Batts"? 18 minutes long?

We need a "Rapid" fast charger video for our EV-cautious friends to learn, like a Tiky-Toky thing for the youths.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Great video explaining the basics of DC Fast Charging.

I don’t know this dude, but after watching a few minutes, it does seem like a generally excellent primer for those who don’t understand the various nuances of DCFS. A good watch if you’re new to EV charging.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
As a first-time EV owner, I just spent an hour trying to find information on charging and then stumbled upon this post. It answered a lot of questions in a succinct way. Thank you!!

For newbies like me - it was very helpful.

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I just had a horrible EA experiences this morning and the only thing that saved it was that the person who was there with me was having a much worse experience.

The EA stations were all down, I have almost no range when I rolled up. There was an EQS there just plugged in and not doin g anything with some fellow standing there looking at it baffled. Mercedes includes free charging with EQS's so I think he thought he was charging, but nothing was happening. He had some stupid little card that he thought would activate the charger but it did nothing. I ended up calling the station and all 3 DC chargers were down even though two said they were online. It was super frustrating.

The EQS owner was completely baffled. It was a brand new car that still had plastic on parts of the interior, like the center screen. I helped him out but I still needed to charge. I went to an EVGo station that was open and the truck wouldn't charge there either. Eventually I did a reset and the truck began to charge. It maxed out at 205 kW/h. Overall it killed and extra hour of my day for nothing and it was stressful.

I saw the EQS owner again 30 minutes later at the EVGo station. I have no idea where he went for the 30 minutes but I helped him get charging and he was fine then. Plus his car had 40% SOC to begin with so he wasn't desperate.

Super annoying, but without a doubt the EQS owner could use this video.

Last edited:

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

Yes, this is one of the best EV video's I've seen. Whoever this guy is, he's goooood.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Okay, not a lot of new info for a person that is very versed in EV charging but wow, he did a great job explaining it. I loved the last few minutes. Very matter-of-fact. Good find, I think that car dealers should share this while selling an EV to a first time buyer.

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
A link to this video should be put on the windshield of every Chevy Bolt charging to 100% at a 350kW charger.

Bonus points for the dig at EA, in before the EA apologists arrive.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

A link to this video should be put on the windshield of every Chevy Bolt charging to 100% at a 350kW charger.

Bonus points for the dig at EA, in before the EA apologists arrive.
I feel like EA should make a video similar to this mandatory before someones unlimited charging is unlocked when they buy a new EV (if its included).

I do love his last comment in the video.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I refuse to watch the video just based on that thumbnail.
While the reviews are saying it's great, I have to agree that the thumbnail is verging on insulting - even to a new EV owner. It looks like something one of the ICE deisel boys would use to scare people away from EVs or ridicule them.

Being unfamiliar does not mean being stupid, which the thumbnail insinuates.
Sponsored