Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Updated with official torque value:

90 lb-ft / 122 nm torque

UPDATED with photos of the fastener bolt:

Rivian R1T R1S ⚠️ Rivian Recall: insufficiently torqued front upper control arm & steering knuckle fastener [official torque value = 90 lb-ft / 122 Nm] Rivian loose fastener bolt

Rivian R1T R1S ⚠️ Rivian Recall: insufficiently torqued front upper control arm & steering knuckle fastener [official torque value = 90 lb-ft / 122 Nm] 16aafbe6-c261-45c2-9c1e-260478ccdb83-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S ⚠️ Rivian Recall: insufficiently torqued front upper control arm & steering knuckle fastener [official torque value = 90 lb-ft / 122 Nm] 7ad87052-8368-4805-b7e2-41467e992fd0-jpe

Original Post:

Just got this email today. Have a mobile appointment on Monday and I talked to the advisor today. No mention that they'd be fixing this.

Rivian Automotive, LLC has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model year 2022 Rivian R1T, R1S, and EDV vehicles. The subject population is comprised of model year 2022 R1T and R1S vehicles built during a 13-month period, and, a subset of EDVs produced between December 10, 2021 and September 27, 2022, in which records cannot confirm that the front upper control arm and the steering knuckle retention fastener for each front wheel was sufficiently torqued. This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN.​
What is the problem?
An insufficiently torqued steering knuckle fastener could cause excessive wheel camber, or, in rare instances, a separation, affecting the driver’s ability to control the vehicle, and increasing the risk of a crash.​
What will Rivian do?
Rivian will offer Mobile Service appointments, no appointment needed visits to Rivian Service Centers or pop-up service locations, and prioritized appointments at Rivian Service Centers to inspect and, as necessary, sufficiently secure the steering knuckle fasteners for the affected vehicles. For the very small percentage where parts replacements are required, loaner vehicles will be made available while the vehicle is brought into a Rivian Service Center. As needed, trip interruption and towing services will be available at no cost to you.​
What should you do?
If you have further questions, please call Rivian Service at 1-855-748-4265. For additional information please visit our Support Center. The official recall notice will be posted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on October 8, 2022.​
Thank you for your attention to this important matter. The quality and safety of your vehicle is of the utmost importance to us.​
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Yep me too. Is it clear to you what is going to happen next? Do we need to reach out and make an appointment or are they going to initiate a service call for us?

Edit:
Nevermind...follow up email answered questions

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Same.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Yep.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I wonder how many VINs are affected. All?

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Yup, got it, plan on adding it to the long list of things already happening to my truck at the service center.

Jedwards

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yeah same. My vin ends with 7534. Curious how the mobile service works as I'm about 5 hours away from the nearest service center.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Also got the email listing my VIN. Does this qualify as inoperable? Just curious what Rivian’s stance is on “separation, affecting the driver’s ability to control the vehicle, and increasing the risk of a crash”?

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I got it. Currently on hold with Rivian Service as we speak to find out what the process is from here

Sponsored

wilsmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Got one too. It isn’t very clear what we’re supposed to via the email verbiage that’s for sure…

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Received mine as well......

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
RJs email seems to state we should call to schedule a mobile appointment.

OP
OP

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Got one too. It isn’t very clear what we’re supposed to via the email verbiage that’s for sure…
Yeah there's no call to action on what we need to do, besides showing up to a service center with no appointment. I'm sure that will be fun. It only said to call with questions. Should have said call to schedule service. I'm on hold now trying to get it added to my existing appointment on Monday. I bet they're getting slammed right now.