Sponsored

“Your SUV is raising. Wait before driving to prevent damage.”

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This has popped up four times so far now. The funny thing is, we do wait, and yet the message pops up again. Has anyone encountered this? We don’t drive off very quickly, so I’m puzzled.

Rivian R1T R1S “Your SUV is raising. Wait before driving to prevent damage.” 1685387387250
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This has popped up four times so far now. The funny thing is, we do wait, and yet the message pops up again. Has anyone encountered this? We don’t drive off very quickly, so I’m puzzled.

1685387387250.png
Curious what mode this is in? I’ve never seen it but would make sense in the off road modes to ensure it is lifted before going over rough terrain.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Not sure if related, I noticed my R1T would raise after 5 minutes or so of being driven after sitting at a stoplight or something.

No message but it was very weird and confirmed no message and not in auto. It would just shoot up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Kneel mode warning?
That could be. I do use kneel mode. However, what's odd is that the warning persists for at least 30 seconds, probably minutes. The suspension should "get on with it" more quickly than that. Further, I've been using kneel mode for five months and this error has only popped up in the last few weeks.

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
That could be. I do use kneel mode. However, what's odd is that the warning persists for at least 30 seconds, probably minutes. The suspension should "get on with it" more quickly than that. Further, I've been using kneel mode for five months and this error has only popped up in the last few weeks.
Would that correlate with the previous update being installed and a potential new warning?

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I was getting this message every time I started my R1T. This was when I had issues with the front suspension loosing air and sagging overnight. I have not seen this message since it was fixed back in January this year.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

1685387387250.png
My driveway is a little uneven. Ever since kneel mode came out this message pops up every time I park at home. I just drive easy until it comes out of kneeling. I think it’s saying don’t go crazy until you change heights. Not the best wording imo. You can park in sport mode (even lower) and this message won’t pop up. Just take it easy until it changes height automatically.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Am I the only one who immediately thought Rivian was using “raising” when they meant “rising?”

I thought I was losing it, so a quick online search seems to confirm Rivian’s current warning sentence should use “rising.”

Alternatively, it would be grammatically correct if the warning instead said something like, “the air suspension system is raising your vehicle. Wait before driving…”

Here is the grammar lesson I found:

“ Rise is intransitive verb and does not take an object. What this means is that you use the verb rise when something moves upwards by itself.

The sun rises every morning.
I rise out of bed quickly when the smell of freshly cooked bacon is in the air.
In these examples, the subjects ("the sun" and "I") move upward on their own, without the physical help of an outside force (though the smell of bacon certainly helps in its own way).

Raise, on the other hand, is a transitive verb that requires that the subject act upon an object. In other words, something raises something else.

The Boy Scouts raised money to offset the cost of their next camping trip.
I raised my hand in the meeting to ask, "Why isn't there any bacon here?"
In the first sentence, the Boy scouts (subject) raised money (object). In the second, I (subject) raised my hand (object).

When constructing your sentence, just look to see if the subject rises on its own or if it's raising something else. This will help you determine which verb to use.”

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My driveway is a little uneven. Ever since kneel mode came out this message pops up every time I park at home. I just drive easy until it comes out of kneeling. I think it’s saying don’t go crazy until you change heights. Not the best wording imo. You can park in sport mode (even lower) and this message won’t pop up. Just take it easy until it changes height automatically.
Hmmm, interesting. My driveway is perfectly level. How long do you typically have to wait? I think the maximum for me was several minutes, but it can be as quick as 30 seconds. Not a big fan of waiting to use my car, but some drivers of my R1S aren’t very tall and want kneel mode.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Hmmm, interesting. My driveway is perfectly level. How long do you typically have to wait? I think the maximum for me was several minutes, but it can be as quick as 30 seconds. Not a big fan of waiting to use my car, but some drivers of my R1S aren’t very tall and want kneel mode.
Never wait. Just pull out slow and get up to speed. It may ding at me again but I just proceed. Been doing this since kneel came out.

try this, change ride height right when it happens. I bet it goes away instantly.

Blg3404

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Radiology Tech (For now)

1685387387250.png
It's happened to me twice if I don't drive for a day or two. Freaked me out the first time.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

I have had this happen on occasion also. My R1T seems to lose some air pressure (particularly right front) and dip down nearly to the tires if i leave it sit for too long between rides. The tech told me front right is farthest from compressor and sometimes takes a bit to get pumped back up to raise the vehicle up to whatever ride height you have it set on. I've had this front right issue since getting the truck last June. They say they fixed it by allowing the truck to immediately raise when i get in and put foot on brake, but sometimes it does take a bit before it raises completely. Think the damage warning is a just in case situation since in some cases there may be some tire rub if the truck has lowered way too far and essentially resting on the tires. Never happened that bad for me, but i always wait before going. As another person said, sometimes i go in and change ride height setting to get it to move quicker. Have not used Kneel in a long time. Also seems to happen more when i have the "auto" setting on any of the ride heights.

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
It's happened to me twice if I don't drive for a day or two. Freaked me out the first time.
These types of messages cause the other, less mechanically inclined drivers of my R1S a bunch of stress. I hope they don’t become afraid of it like they did with the Model X. Of course that was worse; doors wouldn’t open and close on that one.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: Jac