“Service Suspension System Soon”

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Air suspension—OMG—I’m having LR PTSD! Warranty ends in 5 years or 60,000 on air suspension, am I correct?
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Yes, bumper to bumper is 5/60k. Battery and drivetrain for 8/175k.

If Rivian only offered a 3/36k standard warranty I would not even consider purchasing an R1T.

Rivian R1T R1S “Service Suspension System Soon” 34FB8362-480C-45D3-A3E4-D29947D6AD23

muthurg

First Name
Muthu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW 3 Series
Occupation
CTO
Got delivery on March 25th and in 3 days I had the same issue. Immediately reported to them, they recommended a reset which dint work either. I have driven close to 500 miles since didn't notice any major drivability issues.

I have a service appointment booked for April 12th, Hopefully, it's minor.

Rivian R1T R1S “Service Suspension System Soon” IMG_3942

Rivian R1T R1S “Service Suspension System Soon” IMG_3943

OP
OP
ATL_Canes

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Got delivery on March 25th and in 3 days I had the same issue. Immediately reported to them, they recommended a reset which dint work either. I have driven close to 500 miles since didn't notice any major drivability issues.

I have a service appointment booked for April 12th, Hopefully, it's minor.

IMG_3942.jpeg

IMG_3943.jpeg
Keep me posted, and I'll do the same. They just called me and booked an appointment for the 11th.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Just a heads up I saw on another thread that this hard reset will clear the diagnostic logs that the service department is using to diagnose the issue.

From another service-related thred:

UPDATE: April 1, 2022 - Rivian service followed up on my audio system fail. They diagnosed overnight. The fix was NOT a system reset but having the truck go into “sleep mode”, which it automatically does when in park and away from all keys for 15 minutes. That was a “soft reset” and resolved my problem. They requested that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD AN OWNER PERFORM A SYSTEM RESET WITHOUT RIVIAN SERVICE ADVISEMENT. The full reset wipes out all vehicle logs making it challenging for service to perform future diagnostics
@VHRivian, thanks for this heads up. So to confirm, this sleep mode corrected your audio glitches? Wondering if it did so for others reporting audio problems, and if sleep mode was also tried by @ATL_Canes and @muthurg for suspension service issue? Sorry if I missed it, saw where hard reset may have been attempted.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Yes, bumper to bumper is 5/60k. Battery and drivetrain for 8/175k.

If Rivian only offered a 3/36k standard warranty I would not even consider purchasing an R1T.

34FB8362-480C-45D3-A3E4-D29947D6AD23.png
First, that limestone pic is tremendous. Second, is that a second limestone rig in the background? Third, that looks like Denver Service Center but you are in Cali, no?

Sorry, not sorry for the completely OT post. Squirrel!

OP
OP
ATL_Canes

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@VHRivian, thanks for this heads up. So to confirm, this sleep mode corrected your audio glitches? Wondering if it did so for others reporting audio problems, and if sleep mode was also tried by @ATL_Canes and @muthurg for suspension service issue? Sorry if I missed it, saw where hard reset may have been attempted.
I have done the soft reset and the sleep cycle reset, but not the hard reset. Service never instructed me to do more than that, so I held off.

Unrelated to the suspension warning, I was also having some weird audio/Bluetooth synching issues in the beginning, but a soft reset cleared all of that and I haven't had the issues since.

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
Driving the truck for only the second time yesterday. She had been sitting in a parking lot for about 5 hours while I played golf in 50-degree temperatures. Going about 30mph down a normal street, received the “Ride height change not possible due to overheated air compressor” error on the dashboard screen. I was not attempting to change it, just driving down the road. Almost immediately the back end started bouncing like a spring-loaded Jack-in-the-box without a bump in sight.
I pulled over and tried to adjust the height from “conserve” to “all-purpose,” and the error then said, “To change ride height service air compressor” and two error 'codes' were showing on the left side of the drivers screen.
“Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)” is turned off or malfunctioning
“System Failure” One or more system failures
Made it home and was told via online chat to attempt a sleep cycle to see if that fixed the problem.
I let her sit in the garage for about an hour, locked. Upon unlocking, I immediately heard the air compressor attempting to do something, but once I sat down and put my foot on the brake I had the same errors.
This morning was the same result, and when I tried to drive around the block had to hold my coffee tight so it wouldn’t spill. The bouncing backend got really old really fast.
Now I’m waiting 24-48 hours to hear if they can send out the mobile tech unit (I’m two mountain passes and 130 miles away) or if they’ll need to come tow her back to Denver.
On the positive side, both service people I talked to (one online chat and the other live on the phone this morning) were very helpful and responsive, and both were aware of the issue, meaning I’m not the first.
Good thing I haven’t sold my 2019 Chevy Colorado yet…

Rivian R1T R1S “Service Suspension System Soon” PXL_20220408_005440116

Rivian R1T R1S “Service Suspension System Soon” PXL_20220408_010124024.MP

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
When I got mine off the truck last Wed I had the same message. I could only use All Purpose Mode. I did a 400mi trip where I tried any other mode many times - no good. I also found blue suspension fluid underneath the truck. I have been on the phone with my guide and several helpful people at Rivian Service and the truck will be picked up to go back for warranty work. Check for drips under your truck. Take a white paper towel if you see it to determine the color. You may also have one corner of the truck start to droop as mine does now. Suspicion is a banjo washer not tight or a suspension line ferrule not crimped. Overheating could then be loss of fluid which would also cool. Let us know how you make out and I will post back what they find with mine. Good luck.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I got some message like this today while I was driving aggressively in sport mode and accidentally drove up on the inner part of a roundabout because the truck handled better than I was anticipating. It went away shortly after though.

Sponsored

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
When I got mine off the truck last Wed I had the same message. I could only use All Purpose Mode. I did a 400mi trip where I tried any other mode many times - no good. I also found blue suspension fluid underneath the truck. I have been on the phone with my guide and several helpful people at Rivian Service and the truck will be picked up to go back for warranty work. Check for drips under your truck. Take a white paper towel if you see it to determine the color. You may also have one corner of the truck start to droop as mine does now. Suspicion is a banjo washer not tight or a suspension line ferrule not crimped. Overheating could then be loss of fluid which would also cool. Let us know how you make out and I will post back what they find with mine. Good luck.
Nothing underneath, but there could have been at the golf course parking lot. My garage floor is clean, and she doesn't seem to appear to be leaning one way or another. Did you have both "fault icons" on the dash screen? Either way, I've been contacted four times today by Rivian by four different people, so I'm impressed so far with their concern. Time will tell how quickly they can get up here, hopefully just a day or two, but we'll see. I'll keep up on this thread as well, thanks.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
Service has been very responsive. Several times saying they would get back to me in an hour or less.........and they did! You might still have some fluid on the underbelly. Try wiping it with that paper towel. Mine goes back tomorrow. The only fault was the "could not complete due to overheated compressor". Are there any others that have had this problem?

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Another 1st year teething issue that should be resolved shortly. Great to hear that Rivian has been very responsive. I’m curious to hear what the root cause of the problem is.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I am also curious. It is on it's way back to Michigan, so time will tell. I got back in my Subaru Baja and missed my R1T.

OP
OP
ATL_Canes

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update on mine - they picked up the truck from my house this morning a little before 8:00. I got some paperwork a few hours later via email, and then a call from the service manager. Here's what the paperwork said with respect to the cause:

"Rear Right Comfort Valve Open was the alert found, comfort valve was soft set and disconnected completely after hitting the bump. Vehicle now operates as designed and connector is now connected."

They are washing the truck and redelivering it back to me this afternoon. Huge kudos to the Atlanta team for getting this in and done so quickly - my truck won't even spend a night away from home!

Fingers crossed this isn't a recurring issue (some posters' experiences with other vehicles has scared the crap out of me).
Sponsored