Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
Rivian R1T R1S “ Vehicle battery issue” 009DC3A0-B96A-4FA5-BAD1-351F150D4C0B
I’ve searched the forum and can’t seem to find anyone that has received this warning that I got this morning.

I see a few posts about critical warnings but none of these.

Went out to truck this AM got in and hit seat heater and steering wheel. Then this popped up. I freaked out. Took a photo and then did the hard reset - triangle and left steering wheel.

Went back inside told my wife if she doesn’t hear from me in a hour assume I’m on the side of the road. (No cell service in big sur)

Called my local San Fran service center and opened a ticket. My truck is going in on monday for some cosmetic touch ups, so they are adding this into the mix.

I will update as it works through the system.
Sponsored

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Best of luck, Following!!!

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Curious to hear if it is the 12V battery or the main battery. Judging by the pic on your screen I would think it is the main. Best of luck.

Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carmelbythesea

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It went critical!
Went to run a chore and it was beeping like crazy. Did a hard reset which cleared the warning.
Rivian suggest not to drive it any place. Also had a huge jump in battery use over night maybe 10% in 15 hours.
Rivian R1T R1S “ Vehicle battery issue” 59430EDC-28B4-4117-A492-24E1DC5F797F

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
009DC3A0-B96A-4FA5-BAD1-351F150D4C0B.jpeg
I’ve searched the forum and can’t seem to find anyone that has received this warning that I got this morning.

I see a few posts about critical warnings but none of these.

Went out to truck this AM got in and hit seat heater and steering wheel. Then this popped up. I freaked out. Took a photo and then did the hard reset - triangle and left steering wheel.

Went back inside told my wife if she doesn’t hear from me in a hour assume I’m on the side of the road. (No cell service in big sur)

Called my local San Fran service center and opened a ticket. My truck is going in on monday for some cosmetic touch ups, so they are adding this into the mix.

I will update as it works through the system.
I have received that error. It started the day I received my truck. Long story short, they had to do a complete battery swap on my vehicle. Hopefully it's something else for you.

OP
OP
Carmelbythesea

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s up at the service center. They are saying it’s just the 12 volt still.

Going to knock service for one thing - I’ve logged all the problems. Few examples back seat that flips up the stitching had come off, I had the front door seal extra roll in it, some scratches on the black gloss bumper.

Got a call 3 weeks ago to set up a service date. A week later they called me and we reviewed every item line by line and they told me this was so they could get the parts ordered. They also took care of my rental and Uber to the rental car place. They even got me an ev. So I am driving a polestar 2 for the next few weeks.

Now my problem is this. They come pick up my truck from my driveway monday via flatbed. Amazing. Truck arrives monday promptly and drops it off at 130pm. They don’t look at it till wed. They call me and tell me they need order the parts and it could take 10 days for the parts to come in. Then they can fix it. I don’t understand why call before my appt and go over the issues - if your going to just ignore the open items with photos and order parts after you get the truck in and look at them.

Anyway the polestar has nothing on rivian. So much fabric. Everything is fabric in this car.

I have received that error. It started the day I received my truck. Long story short, they had to do a complete battery swap on my vehicle. Hopefully it's something else for you.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
It’s up at the service center. They are saying it’s just the 12 volt still.

Going to knock service for one thing - I’ve logged all the problems. Few examples back seat that flips up the stitching had come off, I had the front door seal extra roll in it, some scratches on the black gloss bumper.

Got a call 3 weeks ago to set up a service date. A week later they called me and we reviewed every item line by line and they told me this was so they could get the parts ordered. They also took care of my rental and Uber to the rental car place. They even got me an ev. So I am driving a polestar 2 for the next few weeks.

Now my problem is this. They come pick up my truck from my driveway monday via flatbed. Amazing. Truck arrives monday promptly and drops it off at 130pm. They don’t look at it till wed. They call me and tell me they need order the parts and it could take 10 days for the parts to come in. Then they can fix it. I don’t understand why call before my appt and go over the issues - if your going to just ignore the open items with photos and order parts after you get the truck in and look at them.

Anyway the polestar has nothing on rivian. So much fabric. Everything is fabric in this car.
They first told me it was a 12-volt issue but that didn't fix the problem, so they had to swap the HV pack since it wasn't charging the 12 batteries.

Here is a link to my horrible experience. Just check everything once you get the vehicle back.

Issues list from 3 weeks of owning my R1T updated 7/28/22 | Rivian Forums - R1T & R1S Owners, News, Discussions, RIVN Stock

Peasi520vT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 GTS, B7 RS4, B8 S4, 15' Tahoe LTZ, 87'4000cs
Clubs

Going back into the service center again but now it's this battery issue. I just hope they put it back together properly and don't damage other things along the way. I will keep you guys updated, truck doesn't go into the shop until Tuesday.
Rivian R1T R1S “ Vehicle battery issue” 20220806_221728
Sponsored