Sponsored

Limestone is LG for the Masses

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Apparently Rivian Central finally decided Nardo Gray would not be as popular as Launch Green. Having promised to make the latter exclusive, they pulled Limestone into the same color space, with just a tad less green and a little more blue. But it’s essentially Launch Green for the hoi poloi.

Rivian R1T R1S Limestone is LG for the Masses D56A8609-AD73-4FFC-A34D-F007557A0764

Rivian R1T R1S Limestone is LG for the Masses 55188B5B-C596-4F8F-9EF3-888289ED1252

I was tempted to lighten the first picture (Limestone) to make its exposure the same as the second picture (Launch Green), but decided not to, to keep people from saying the pictures have been altered. They are not altered except for flipping the LG horizontally to make the vehicles face the same direction.

Needless to say, if you brighten the exposure of the Limestone it’s *even more* Launch Green.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Apparently Rivian Central finally decided that Nardo Gray would not be as popular as Launch Green. Having promised to make the latter exclusive, they pulled Limestone into the same color space, with just a tad less green and a little more silver-blue. But it’s essentially Launch Green for the hoi poloi.

D56A8609-AD73-4FFC-A34D-F007557A0764.jpeg

55188B5B-C596-4F8F-9EF3-888289ED1252.jpeg

I was tempted to lighten the first picture (Limestone) to make its exposure the same as the second picture (Launch Green), but decided not to, to keep people from saying the pictures have been altered. They are not altered except for flipping the LG horizontally to make the vehicles face the same direction.

Needless to say, if you brighten the exposure of the Limestone it’s *even more* Launch Green.
R.H.III,

Thankfully I read your detailed explanation before taking your pictures at face value and embarrassing myself on the internet. I was all ready to declare foul play by Rivian for introducing a UK/Aussie-ready variant under the new name of "Naivir", as displayed on the Driver's door of the Launch Green "T1R" in your second picture.

I was ready to throw massive shade at Rivian for thumbing their noses at us and releasing these overseas, in Launch Green no less, before we see ours. "How dare you!", I was ready to cry. Now that I've read that you flipped the pictures for continuity sake, I'll stop the presses and forego building a f'acebook page and YouTube channel calling out the company. In hindsight, the "ILLEREP" tires should have been a clue.

Thanks for keeping my ignorance between us and sparing me the public humiliation! ;)

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This is basically what CS told me in November or December. Which would be awesome (I really like LG), but thus far it looks like a lightened El Cap to me.ill be interested to maybe one day see it in person.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

This is basically what CS told me in November or December. Which would be awesome (I really like LG), but thus far it looks like a lightened El Cap to me.ill be interested to maybe one day see it in person.
Rivian wouldn't be a car company unless they offered at least 3 versions of gray or silver.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Apparently Rivian Central finally decided that Nardo Gray would not be as popular as Launch Green. Having promised to make the latter exclusive, they pulled Limestone into the same color space, with just a tad less green and a little more silver-blue. But it’s essentially Launch Green for the hoi poloi.

D56A8609-AD73-4FFC-A34D-F007557A0764.jpeg

55188B5B-C596-4F8F-9EF3-888289ED1252.jpeg

youre welcome ;)

Rivian R1T R1S Limestone is LG for the Masses D3A43C2C-5019-4590-934B-C54482624003

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Well, time to switch colors. No-one's going to ask me if my truck is launch green, limestone, or el cap if it's blue.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Like many of you I shared the same thoughts regarding Limestone being close to Launch Green. Ideally I get to see these colors in person but I’m not sure this Limestone “reveal” entices me to switch from Forrest Green.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Don't read too much into the electronically contrived color that was released as a depiction of Limestone.

I'm just curious when we'll get to see actual Limestone paint on a R1 vehicle.

RivianBowerbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I really wish it was LG for the masses. I waited for the first media impressions of the truck (I ordered as soon as I read the Motor Trend TAT stuff) and so missed the "launch edition" (I'm a fool I know!) and i lust after that which I cannot have - Launch Green. It's perfect for a vehicle like this. I feel that limestone will be different just based on the configurator not having changed, but I'd love it to slide more into the LG color space.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
They’re not even close when compared side by side in person.

Last edited:

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
You’ve seen a Limestone in person? When, where, and how?

Does this “photo” of “Limestone” do it justice?
Sample at first mile.

no photo will do any metallic colour right. Colour flop!

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
This Limestone obsession is exactly why car companies offer so many greys and silvers.

I just imagine people trying to describe this decision to a non car person. "Okay, I'm deciding between three bold, exciting colors but I'm not sure which; El Cap, Limestone, Launch Green." "What do they look like?" "One is grey.. one is grey with a little blue.. and one is grey with a little green." "........" :CWL:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
This Limestone obsession is exactly why car companies offer so many greys and silvers.

I just imagine people trying to describe this decision to a non car person. "Okay, I'm deciding between three bold, exciting colors but I'm not sure which; El Cap, Limestone, Launch Green." "What do they look like?" "One is grey.. one is grey with a little blue.. and one is grey with a little green." "........" :CWL:
I'll just leave this here:
Rivian R1T R1S Limestone is LG for the Masses 1643838222165

Clearly America overwhelmingly prefers colors in the monotone spectrum. Supply and price definitely have a role to play and bias these numbers, but still - I do find it strange as well.
Sponsored