Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
This is what I got from CS awhile ago, not sure how it may have changed

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r1s-cargo-capacity.927/post-34130
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ing-the-5-seat-configuration.2205/#post-59552

maybe here? ?‍♂ Didn’t read in detail, just came up in search.
I do know that minimum width is 51”, same as R1T bed
Thanks guys.

Just had a chat with CS to see what is the latest. Their info seem to be the same thing you have shared; 45.3” minimum width for 5 seater, 42.7“ for 7 seater. 51” seem to be maximum width. They said they have reached out for updates but it is not available yet. I could not get Max, Min for the opening in the back. If the opening has enough width at the right hight I could rig something up to raise the floor to meet that occasional need.

Rivian R1T R1S Upcoming "First Mile" Mobile Test Drive Cities Announced - Chicago, Dallas, Denver, LA, Seattle, San Francisco 1643738871008
Sponsored

Last edited:

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Well - You forced me to have to go and make my own map.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 12.17.33 PM.png
Quick Update to address other areas in the US not covered by the RCoS

Rivian R1T R1S Upcoming "First Mile" Mobile Test Drive Cities Announced - Chicago, Dallas, Denver, LA, Seattle, San Francisco Corridor of Sadness Update

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Consider it done. Geography was never my strongest subject...
I need to make sure you never forget where Kentucky is, so have this updated map with a chef holding a tray of some KFC:
Rivian R1T R1S Upcoming "First Mile" Mobile Test Drive Cities Announced - Chicago, Dallas, Denver, LA, Seattle, San Francisco 1643750553617

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Denver hasn't heard a peep. Your corridor needs to cover that entire section west of Illinois and East of Cali. Please and thank you.
As a Tesla owner since 2015, I notice that the "Rivian corridor of sadness" includes much of what we called "The Great Supercarger Desert" centered more or less on the state of Arkansas. When I bought my car, there wasn't a supercharger within its range from my house. For a couple of years after that, there wasn't one within 200 miles. Now the closet one is three miles from my house, and the furthest I have to go in any direction is about 80 miles until I hit one east, west, north, or south. A perk of having an elderly "Jurassic" model S is that I still have unlimited free supercharging and free premium internet connectivity for the life of the car.

Sponsored

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
I’m hoping for something to materialize somewhere in western Canad in the spring or summer, even Minneapolis.
Interesting use of that comma. Leaves me wondering: Is this step 1 in the annexation of Minneapolis by its friendly neighbor to the north? Because, politics aside, that would likely upset a fair number of Minnesotans with delayed Rivian deliveries!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The covid excuse doesn't hold water. If they had cars at locations ready to test drive but staff was out, okay, but they took the cars from Seattle. They have a service center here they can safely park them at! Why would you take the cars away?? You """""""sold""""""" 1k cars last year but can't spare 2 in Seattle?

I'm 01/19 LE in Seattle and didn't get a test drive offer. They only got a small percentage of the very early delivery window people here before they packed up and left.

Something about this doesn't add up. Are they running into issues with the test drive vehicles holding up, whether mechanically or aesthetically?
You sure they pulled the trucks put of Seattle? I hadn't seen someone make that direct of a statement about it.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Interesting use of that comma. Leaves me wondering: Is this step 1 in the annexation of Minneapolis by its friendly neighbor to the north? Because, politics aside, that would likely upset a fair number of Minnesotans with delayed Rivian deliveries!
The northwest angle belongs to meeeeeee

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Raise your hand if you are buying without a test drive because you know if you absolutely hate it (not likely) you can flip it for 10k or more. ?‍♂

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Raise your hand if you are buying without a test drive because you know if you absolutely hate it (not likely) you can flip it for 10k or more. ?‍♂
I would have but I had my test drive.

Spoiler alert, I definitely would have kept it….

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm 01/19 LE in Seattle and didn't get a test drive offer. They only got a small percentage of the very early delivery window people here before they packed up and left.

Something about this doesn't add up. Are they running into issues with the test drive vehicles holding up, whether mechanically or aesthetically?
I missed the test drive window by 2 days, thanks Uncle Sam, but my wife reported the were "issues" with the blue R1T. They had to do a hard reset a couple times to get the frunk to open, whether by buttons or the screen, and the tonneau was inoperable.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I just scheduled my Mobile First Mile test drive for this coming Thursday. I only pre-ordered last month so a little surprised… and excited!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I just scheduled my Mobile First Mile test drive for this coming Thursday. I only pre-ordered last month so a little surprised… and excited!
Congrats! They seem pretty random here in CO too. Many forum members live within a few minutes of the Denver service center and placed orders years ago but haven’t been invited yet. Others who recently ordered but live farther away did get invited. Enjoy your preview of your new truck!

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
I live 100+ miles away up in the Vail area. LE order since Feb of 2020 and haven't heard a peep. On the plus side, was at Rickenbaugh Volvo (8th and Speer) the other day picking up the new C40 Recharge for my wife, and while back in the service center talking to the guy who has helped service my 2012 Fisker Karma, suddenly saw a black R1T sitting at the red light on Broadway. I was so excited I spaced out grabbing my phone to take a pic. I was like a kid seeing my first Playboy...for some reason a tad guilty but dying to see more.

Turnipsaregreat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rickgeorgerealestate.com
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Occupation
Realtor
Mountains and Bears... I guess that explains why I have another year or two wait. Of course, I'd feel a lot better being able to raise my vehicle 7 more inches to scare off a black bear.
Sponsored