Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
There are never winners in these debates. If you complain, you’re told to cancel your order and STFU. If you defend Rivian, you’re a blind fanboy who needs to STFU.

So I guess I’ll stay quiet…
You need to STFU!

;)
Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm going to buy 1 share when the ipo launches just so I can say that as an owner of the company I am disappointed with their progress.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
No middle ground for some members like @yizzung . Somebody brings up a legitimate issue and members like him/her tell us to cancel.
LOL

This thread was about how many production cars shipped in the first three weeks of October before the doomsday brigade steered it into a diatribe about Rivian's constant lying and manufacturing ineptitude.

The reality is that they:
a) continually miscommunicate or lack communication at all levels
b) move the goal posts and/or are deceptive in their communication (a CFO getting their truck is not something most companies would call a public event)
c) repeatedly adjust their already adjusted communication
d) consistently miss their adjusted-adjusted-adjusted goals
⬆ Why in the world would anyone buy a car from someone they obviously don't trust at all? That is actually quite illogical behavior. If they are such dirty, scheming liars, what's going to be under the hood??? Get out while you can still keep your dignity and your $1,000.

Perfect. 53.7 Years. Maybe my great great grand kids will like it.
⬆ Better example of the "middle ground" you'd prefer folks to occupy? Take two random data points and wildly extrapolate into uninformed claims about production timelines?

The never ending woe-is-me routine is boring. It's a startup. Your money is refundable. Take your thousand bucks and go buy a volkswagen if you don't have the stomach for waiting. This isn't a waiting list for a kidney. Crying in the forum won't make it go faster.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
le. Take your thousand bucks and go buy a volkswagen if you don't have the stomach for waiting. This isn't a waiting list for a kidney. Crying in the forum won't make it go faster
buying one now may result in a wait as well.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
LOL

This thread was about how many production cars shipped in the first three weeks of October before the doomsday brigade steered it into a diatribe about Rivian's constant lying and manufacturing ineptitude.

⬆ Why in the world would anyone buy a car from someone they obviously don't trust at all? That is actually quite illogical behavior. If they are such dirty, scheming liars, what's going to be under the hood??? Get out while you can still keep your dignity and your $1,000.

⬆ Better example of the "middle ground" you'd prefer folks to occupy? Take two random data points and wildly extrapolate into uninformed claims about production timelines?

The never ending woe-is-me routine is boring. It's a startup. Your money is refundable. Take your thousand bucks and go buy a volkswagen if you don't have the stomach for waiting. This isn't a waiting list for a kidney. Crying in the forum won't make it go faster.
Why are you cherry-picking quotes. I, for example, went on to say:

I don't know how hard this is, but I work in a complex business myself and manage public launches that reach nearly one billion people a month. Everyone knows that you set expectations that you can exceed, especially when you've failed multiple times. IMO, they should have pushed the delivery start date back to January in June and surprised us all when a non-employee got theirs in November or December. We would be so excited.

I’m clearly talking about how, imo, they set the incorrect expectations which they are forced to change later. My a,b,c,d is also factual - I didn’t call anyone “dirty, scheming liars”. I find it humorous how the interpretation of any criticism is 100x more extreme than the actual criticism. Reason: emotional and irrational loyalty to the brand.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
Well the good news is that from September producing 12 R1Ts and in October having 56 R1Ts produced that is a 367% increase in one month. If they can do another 367% increase in November we will have approximately 260 R1Ts.
Keep up the good work Rivian peeps!
????? #10971 in line???

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Well the good news is that from September producing 12 R1Ts and in October having 56 R1Ts produced that is a 367% increase in one month. If they can do another 367% increase in November we will have approximately 260 R1Ts.
Keep up the good work Rivian peeps!
????? #10971 in line???
Your positive attitude is pissing me off ;)

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Why are you cherry-picking quotes. I, for example, went on to say:

I don't know how hard this is, but I work in a complex business myself and manage public launches that reach nearly one billion people a month. Everyone knows that you set expectations that you can exceed, especially when you've failed multiple times. IMO, they should have pushed the delivery start date back to January in June and surprised us all when a non-employee got theirs in November or December. We would be so excited.

I’m clearly talking about how, imo, they set the incorrect expectations which they are forced to change later. My a,b,c,d is also factual - I didn’t call anyone “dirty, scheming liars”. I find it humorous how the interpretation of any criticism is 100x more extreme than the actual criticism. Reason: your emotional and irrational loyalty to the brand.
My friend, you literally said they are "deceptive", that they "move goal posts", and they "continually miss" their targets. I don't have to cherry pick your comments; you've made perfectly clear how you feel about Rivian LOL. (Why you'd choose to voluntarily give such a deceptive company $80K is your own puzzle to solve...)

Rivian is an unproven startup. Buying a vehicle from them is a big risk to take on as a consumer. That should give everyone pause. Some folks on here probably don't understand those risks and shouldn't be in the queue.

You know why most startups fail? They run out of money. But for all of Rivian's incompetence and deception, they seem pretty adept at making payroll and paying off their vendors. I know they deserve zero credit for this, given their track record... Just dumb luck I suppose.

On top of typical startup risks, we're in the middle of a pandemic, global supply chains are snarled, labor shortages abound, labor strikes are popping up like wildfires, and EVERY auto manufacturer is experiencing delivery problems. But some on here choose to repeatedly ignore what's going on in the real world and attribute every Rivian hiccup to some kind of personal affront. Yawn. I'm bored by this.

At the end of the day, they don't owe us anything other than a place to wait in the line. That's what we bought with $1,000. Everyone here has to decide if they want to stay or not.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
My friend, you literally said they are "deceptive", that they "move goal posts", and they "continually miss" their targets. I don't have to cherry pick your comments; you've made perfectly clear how you feel about Rivian LOL. (Why you'd choose to voluntarily give such a deceptive company $80K is your own puzzle to solve...)

Rivian is an unproven startup. Buying a vehicle from them is a big risk to take on as a consumer. That should give everyone pause. Some folks on here probably don't understand those risks and shouldn't be in the queue.

You know why most startups fail? They run out of money. But for all of Rivian's incompetence and deception, they seem pretty adept at making payroll and paying off their vendors. I know they deserve zero credit for this, given their track record... Just dumb luck I suppose.

On top of typical startup risks, we're in the middle of a pandemic, global supply chains are snarled, labor shortages abound, labor strikes are popping up like wildfires, and EVERY auto manufacturer is experiencing delivery problems. But some on here choose to repeatedly ignore what's going on in the real world and attribute every Rivian hiccup to some kind of personal affront. Yawn. I'm bored by this.

At the end of the day, they don't owe us anything other than a place to wait in the line. That's what we bought with $1,000. Everyone here has to decide if they want to stay or not.
context matters. I said “move the goal posts and/or are deceptive in their communication” and would you say they haven’t continually missed their own targets?

They aren’t a startup, they are a month away from being a $80 billion public company.

Again, your comment is filled with things only you said. No one said they didn’t make payroll, no one is saying they aren’t paying vendors. I stick by my original comment that it’s amusing how defensive you are. Fanboy in the truest sense.

Last edited:

Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
context matters. I said “move the goal posts and/or are deceptive in their communication” and would you say they haven’t continually missed their own targets?

They aren’t a startup, they are a month away from being a $80 billion public company.

Again, your comment is filled with things only you said. No one said they didn’t make payroll, no one is saying they aren’t paying vendors. I stick by my original comment that it’s amusing how defensive you are. Fanboy in the truest sense.
According to this forum, none of their deliveries count so far. May as well be a startup.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech

LOL

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
buying one now may result in a wait as well.
Try buying just about anything... there is a wait.

Because I have an unpolished sense of humor. I was just joking. Your view of what is going on is refreshing.
Hey! I got the joke! Does that make me unpolished?

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Hey! I got the joke! Does that make me unpolished?
No, you just have an exceptional vision that let you see right through my rough exterior.
Sponsored