Gear Tunnel Shuttle thoughts?

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I have to believe that manufacturers like MORryde could make a product that fits in the gear tunnel. Their current products are geared towards being installed inside the storage compartments of RV’s, but something like this could give one an accessible storage tray without loosing the full height of the Gear Tunnel Shuttle from Rivian.

Not quite as elegant (by a long shot), but at 1/3 to 1/2 the cost, something like this could be an option.

Storage Tray from MORryde

Rivian R1T R1S Gear Tunnel Shuttle thoughts? F658D526-1278-4022-9841-DEF6A6E996C3
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I have to believe that manufacturers like MORryde could make a product that fits in the gear tunnel. Their current products are geared towards being installed inside the storage compartments of RV’s, but something like this could give one an accessible storage tray without loosing the full height of the Gear Tunnel Shuttle from Rivian.

Not quite as elegant (by a long shot), but at 1/3 to 1/2 the cost, something like this could be an option.

Storage Tray from MORryde

F658D526-1278-4022-9841-DEF6A6E996C3.jpeg
Looking at the shuttle, the main reasons the it’s is as thick(and pricey) as it is, rather than being a basic tray between the slides, it is built on top to accommodate the 120V outlet box & cable management, , plus the drop down leg. If you look at a picture of it extended and how the slides are, they’ve made it so the slides are angled, minimizing their impact on usable space.

yes, someone could make a more basic rectangular one for less money. It would not be half the price. Good quality slides can cost more than that alone. The price also includes labour to install it.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
Looking at the shuttle, the main reasons the it’s is as thick(and pricey) as it is, rather than being a basic tray between the slides, it is built on top to accommodate the 120V outlet box & cable management, , plus the drop down leg. If you look at a picture of it extended and how the slides are, they’ve made it so the slides are angled, minimizing their impact on usable space.

yes, someone could make a more basic rectangular one for less money. It would not be half the price. Good quality slides can cost more than that alone. The price also includes labour to install it.
Good points!

For clarification, if I were looking for a solution, I’d go with the stock shuttle. I’ve configured my R1T without it as I don’t have the need. Others going down the road of “building a solution” might want to know that products like this exist - for reference/ inspiration.
Sponsored