Sponsored

Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
As much as I’d love an “overnight” test drive, I haven’t heard any plans for offering that. They said they’ll do at-home test drives, but they’re only 20-30 minutes.
I guess I misinterpreted "at-home" test drives as overnight since Tesla offers that. Do you known when would at-home test drives be available? Thanks.

GR
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I guess I misinterpreted "at-home" test drives as overnight since Tesla offers that. Do you known when would at-home test drives be available? Thanks.

GR
I feel so conflicted. No, I have to…

SOON

Ugh, I hate myself.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
As much as I’d love an “overnight” test drive, I haven’t heard any plans for offering that. They said they’ll do at-home test drives, but they’re only 20-30 minutes.
Agreed. I think the closest we get to overnight test drive is the 1-week return policy.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

GR
No, Rivian has not indicated when at-home test drives would be offered. My personal guess is that we are a good ways away from that actually happening as they are going to have to have vehicles available for driving and an ability to get those to potential customers. Considering there are thousands of potential customers (reservation holders), it's not going to be practical to do many at-home test drives for a while. I suspect this will end up being dependent on the service center build out for use as staging areas for test drive vehicles. Again, pure speculation as Rivian has communicated nothing in this regard.

Sponsored

ean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
I’m confused - Are there two different events? One is a test drive and the other is to just see the vehicles?
I'm still not sure myself. The invite I have doesn't mention test drives but unless it's just a ton of people to the point where it's not possible - why would you not allow test drives?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm still not sure myself. The invite I have doesn't mention test drives but unless it's just a ton of people to the point where it's not possible - why would you not allow test drives?
Just based on reading what was posted, I think there are two distinct events that are going on. The first is a test drive event (early in the week) for preorder holders and the other is a meet and greet (with no driving) later in the week for people in the area who don't have a preorder but have expressed interest. We will obviously find out in a few days if that is the case.

Reactions: ean

icmurf

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
Test drive in two days -- September 29. I have a March 28, 2019 pre-order of R1T. I live 130 miles away ... just across the Illinois border in Iowa.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 5.55.30 PM

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
I just got home from the First Mile Event and I was thrilled with the experience ! It all takes place outdoors and there are stations setup to highlight things like Color Samples, Adventure Gear, Charging, Camp Kitchen and Tent. There's a booth where you can purchase T-shirts, hats and water bottles. There were three R1T"s in the area where you could sit in them and look everything over. Unfortunately, no R1S were available.

The colors of the R1T's in the viewing area were Forest Green, Rivian Blue and Midnight Black. The test drive R1T's were Rivian Blue, LA Silver, Midnight Black, Compass Yellow, Glacier White and El Cap Granite. Unfortunately no Launch Green, Limestone or Canyon Red.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Forrest Green

They had tents with water and snacks (free) so you can take a break. The Rivian team who were our hosts were very friendly and accommodating. My wife was talking with one of them and she was told that this same team will travel and host all of the events around the country.

Then there is the test drive for those who got that separate invitation. Only one person in your group gets to drive, but you can have two guests ride along. It lived up to everything I was expecting plus more !

The acceleration is incredible ! You really feel butterflies in your stomach and get pinned back in your seat when you push the pedal down hard. The off road course was great fun and climbing Mount Rivian is awesome ! The climb up is over a rough surface of large rocks and you are looking up at the sky, then you hit the top and pause for a few seconds before heading down a steep drop (the picture doesn't do it justice) and you feel like you are going slow motion down a roller coaster. And all of this while having the feeling of being in complete control.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Mt Rivian

I was happy to see all of the interior color choices and I like Forest Edge the best. It will go well with the Launch Green I have configured.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Forest Ed

The storage under the back seat is nice.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Storage under the back seats

All of the trucks had the off road package, so I didn't get to see what it looks like without it. Here's a picture from the rear underneath.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Off Road shield

Here's a picture of the gear tunnel pass through from the cabin.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Pass through

Here's what the gear tunnel shuttle looks like when the kitchen is extended out the opposite side.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Gear Tunnel shuttl

Here's the Limestone color panel for those of you wondering what it looks like.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Limeston

The wrist band for the event is made with biodegradable paper and has wildflowers seeds, so you can plant it. I purchased the hat and T-shirt.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian First Mile R1T Preview appointment confirmation Shirt & Hat

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I wonder is the gear shuttle will be able to slid out each side.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I wonder is the gear shuttle will be able to slid out each side.
No. They've stated before it only goes out the passenger side. Haven't seen one in person, but just a note, the shuttle has a support leg on the end.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I got my invite today and I reserved for October 3rd! It's only about 1 hour and 45 minutes awary from me. So excited even though I am an R1S reservation holder, but it will give me a chance to feel the vehicle, colours and materials. AND I get to take my wife hopefully I can convince her that the $2500 for the rivian blue is worth it!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I just got home from the First Mile Event and I was thrilled with the experience ! It all takes place outdoors and there are stations setup to highlight things like Color Samples, Adventure Gear, Charging, Camp Kitchen and Tent. There's a booth where you can purchase T-shirts, hats and water bottles. There were three R1T"s in the area where you could sit in them and look everything over. Unfortunately, no R1S were available.

The colors of the R1T's in the viewing area were Forest Green, Rivian Blue and Midnight Black. The test drive R1T's were Rivian Blue, LA Silver, Midnight Black, Compass Yellow, Glacier White and El Cap Granite. Unfortunately no Launch Green, Limestone or Canyon Red.

Forrest Green.jpeg

They had tents with water and snacks (free) so you can take a break. The Rivian team who were our hosts were very friendly and accommodating. My wife was talking with one of them and she was told that this same team will travel and host all of the events around the country.

Then there is the test drive for those who got that separate invitation. Only one person in your group gets to drive, but you can have two guests ride along. It lived up to everything I was expecting plus more !

The acceleration is incredible ! You really feel butterflies in your stomach and get pinned back in your seat when you push the pedal down hard. The off road course was great fun and climbing Mount Rivian is awesome ! The climb up is over a rough surface of large rocks and you are looking up at the sky, then you hit the top and pause for a few seconds before heading down a steep drop (the picture doesn't do it justice) and you feel like you are going slow motion down a roller coaster. And all of this while having the feeling of being in complete control.
Mt Rivian.jpeg

I was happy to see all of the interior color choices and I like Forest Edge the best. It will go well with the Launch Green I have configured.

Forest Edge.jpeg

The storage under the back seat is nice.

Storage under the back seats.jpeg

All of the trucks had the off road package, so I didn't get to see what it looks like without it. Here's a picture from the rear underneath.

Off Road shield.jpeg

Here's a picture of the gear tunnel pass through from the cabin.

Pass through.jpeg

Here's what the gear tunnel shuttle looks like when the kitchen is extended out the opposite side.

Gear Tunnel shuttle.jpeg

Here's the Limestone color panel for those of you wondering what it looks like.

Limestone.jpeg

The wrist band for the event is made with biodegradable paper and has wildflowers seeds, so you can plant it. I purchased the hat and T-shirt.

Shirt & Hat.jpeg
Nice pictures! Finally, someone got an under-body shot!
Sponsored