First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Watching it just plow through this much water is super impressive! I would never attempt such a thing in the real world, but cool it can take on some water with no problems!
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Watching it just plow through this much water is super impressive! I would never attempt such a thing in the real world, but cool it can take on some water with no problems!
With that bow wave it needs a prow. Or, maybe a flying angel hood ornament to ride just above the water.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

my neighbor would still manage to get stuck getting into her driveway in the snow with this....

Only playing that is amazing. Love the updates we are getting.

fedarga

First Name
Dawit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
That is awesome. I’ve probably never driven through more than a few inches of standing water but to know that I could drive through 40”+ of water is insane.
holly smoke; what a perfect time to test it to simulate during flood.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

wild that it's obvious they just built that "water test pit" themselves very recently - perhaps on Normal, IL property. must be nice to have near endless funding to develop a new vehicle

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
wild that it's obvious they just built that "water test pit" themselves very recently - perhaps on Normal, IL property. must be nice to have near endless funding to develop a new vehicle
Not many palm trees and mountains around normal.

looks like maybe Arizona proving grounds.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Except for the vegetation, that looks like a Portland-area road in Springtime. ???

Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Honestly pretty awesome. I’ve gone through two feet while white knuckling the steering wheel. I feel like I want a yard stick to check the depth like I’m sailing the shoals.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Honestly pretty awesome. I’ve gone through two feet while white knuckling the steering wheel. I feel like I want a yard stick to check the depth like I’m sailing the shoals.
Given that they’ve mentioned the limiting factor in wading depth is the vehicle will start to float… no problem ?

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Lonestar, I wish IL had palm trees and hills like that, definitely different than the test pad on the video in the stories. That does look like fun though wherever it is! ?

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Lonestar, I wish IL had palm trees and hills like that, definitely different than the test pad on the video in the stories. That does look like fun though wherever it is! ?
I’m pretty sure this is Parting of the Red Sea at Universal Studios before they “closed” it to the public. Maybe they now use it for R1 testing?
Rivian R1T R1S R1T demonstrates water fording in 40+ inches of water! AC8CD0AF-0178-42F3-8D64-3969B148EB34
Sponsored