Sponsored

UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I want to get LG but my worry about LG is it is an one and done color. Any one have an idea about the availability of this paint in future? Will Rivian manufacture and sell this paint even after couple of years if we need to touchup or re-paint a panel?
All you need is the paint code & it can be very easily matched, even by third parties.
Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Wow that is my exact original configuration. Thank you for sharing the pic!!!

Now I am torn between 20" or 22" inch...listening and reading on the drive experiences it seems like the 20" A/T is the way to go if you want to do any off-roading.

My questions now is due to the dynmics of the air suspension do you really feel any tire-roll with the 20"ers or does the suspension counter it enough that in pavement driving you can still be aggressive in cornering. Or, should I just have another set of wheels?

I have been on the threads on mileage impact. I know I will be an aggressive driver anyway, so will it really matter which wheel size to select.

I may just go with the 20"ers because I do want to start off-roading with this Rivian!!

Anxiously waiting and also stuck with a dilema on what wheel size to pick....

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

All you need is the paint code & it can be very easily matched, even by third parties.
Oh! Great. That is good to know. Thanks

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I want to get LG but my worry about LG is it is an one and done color. Any one have an idea about the availability of this paint in future? Will Rivian manufacture and sell this paint even after couple of years if we need to touchup or re-paint a panel?
Rivian does not manufacture and sell paint, no automaker does.
Paint is mixed to match. Touch up pens are not hard to come by either, in every colour

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I have been on the threads on mileage impact. I know I will be an aggressive driver anyway, so will it really matter which wheel size to select.
It's good to know your strengths and weaknesses. :)

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Wow, that is such a great color. I really like the Rivian Blue, but now I am sold on the launch green for my truck

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
IMG_0742_2.jpeg

My two boys and I, have been trying to decide on Forest Green (My favorite at reveal), and Launch Green for our R1S. Thanks to my buddy (not perfect, some blue halo), he made a quick photoshop of the R1S from the first @Rivian R1S we saw in Rivian Blue at factory, and the new LG pictures from @kevin1985. Not perfect, but gave us an overview of what it will look like.

My 9 year old son said, the Forest Green looks like we should be cruising around LA, while the LG we should be adventuring. Done! Decision has been made... now we just need to decide on 22's, or 20 A/T's. Decisions!

What do you all think of the R1S in LG? And, any opinion on the 22's vs 20's? We road trip up the 395 every year, rain, mild snow, paved, gravel, and dirt roads, and lots of city driving in traffic, with stretches of 70 MPH+ on broken cement freeways.
Thanks for doing this @Matty J !

I wonder what this would look like with black-out tires and the vertical strut in the back black as well - so the whole top 1/3 is all black. Any chance you could make that edit?

Scott

dmnyc

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
IMG_0742_2.jpeg

My two boys and I, have been trying to decide on Forest Green (My favorite at reveal), and Launch Green for our R1S. Thanks to my buddy (not perfect, some blue halo), he made a quick photoshop of the R1S from the first @Rivian R1S we saw in Rivian Blue at factory, and the new LG pictures from @kevin1985. Not perfect, but gave us an overview of what it will look like.

My 9 year old son said, the Forest Green looks like we should be cruising around LA, while the LG we should be adventuring. Done! Decision has been made... now we just need to decide on 22's, or 20 A/T's. Decisions!

What do you all think of the R1S in LG? And, any opinion on the 22's vs 20's? We road trip up the 395 every year, rain, mild snow, paved, gravel, and dirt roads, and lots of city driving in traffic, with stretches of 70 MPH+ on broken cement freeways.
This is literally my configuration - thanks for posting it. It's going to look amazing with the black interior. I'm sold.

OP
OP
Matty J

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Thanks for doing this @Matty J !

I wonder what this would look like with black-out tires and the vertical strut in the back black as well - so the whole top 1/3 is all black. Any chance you could make that edit?

Scott
My PS skills are not very good... I'll see if my buddy can make a change as time permits.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matty J

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...t-outdoors-in-sunlight.1910/page-3#post-48310

just posted more pics from another user, he got them from a guide

w46vv8m45sh71.jpg

8bcvo0j45sh71.jpg
These look much less washed out than the photoshopped version, which was admittedly using a night-time photo of LG in super-bright lighting as the starting point. The first image of these two could almost pass off as granite! I like that it has so much character, and looks moodier in indirect lighting (perfect for the PNW).

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I know! I'm trying to figure out how to do the color change myself, and failing misrealby!
Messages Image(1357183249).png
I think I figured it out:
Rivian R1T R1S UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's 1629152720922

Edit: nope, created a frankenstein just like you ?:
Rivian R1T R1S UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's 1629153182619

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matty J

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Attempt #3 (getting there):
Rivian R1T R1S UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's 1629153839782

#4 (I really have to "work" now :D):
Rivian R1T R1S UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's 1629154383867
Sponsored

Last edited: