UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Rivian R1T R1S UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's IMG_0742_2

Rivian R1T R1S UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's RivianGreen2

Rivian R1T R1S UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's Messages Image(3116876694)

Rivian R1T R1S UPDATED - (Photoshopped) R1S in Launch Green with 22's Messages Image(2124493136)

UPDATED: Here are two photoshopped examples of LG. One example was from LG in sunlight, and the other was LG at Rivian indoors. It really does change in different environments, and I like it! Thanks @michaelloria for the photoshop work.

My two boys and I, have been trying to decide on Forest Green (My favorite at reveal), and Launch Green for our R1S. Thanks to my buddy (not perfect, some blue halo), he made a quick photoshop of the R1S from the first @Rivian R1S we saw in Rivian Blue at factory, and the new LG pictures from @kevin1985. Not perfect, but gave us an overview of what it will look like.

My 9 year old son said, the Forest Green looks like we should be cruising around LA, while the LG we should be adventuring. Done! Decision has been made... now we just need to decide on 22's, or 20 A/T's. Decisions!

What do you all think of the R1S in LG? And, any opinion on the 22's vs 20's? We road trip up the 395 every year, rain, mild snow, paved, gravel, and dirt roads, and lots of city driving in traffic, with stretches of 70 MPH+ on broken cement freeways.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

IMG_0742_2.jpeg

My two boys and I, have been trying to decide on Forest Green (My favorite at reveal), and Launch Green for our R1S. Thanks to my buddy (not perfect, some blue halo), he made a quick photoshop of the R1S from the first @Rivian R1S we saw in Rivian Blue at factory, and the new LG pictures from @kevin1985. Not perfect, but gave us an overview of what it will look like.

My 9 year old son said, the Forest Green looks like we should be cruising around LA, while the LG we should be adventuring. Done! Decision has been made... now we just need to decide on 22's, or 20 A/T's. Decisions!

What do you all think of the R1S in LG? And, any opinion on the 22's vs 20's? We road trip up the 395 every year, rain, mild snow, paved, gravel, and dirt roads, and lots of city driving in traffic, with stretches of 70 MPH+ on broken cement freeways.

shit now im torn lol

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
IMG_0742_2.jpeg

Thank your buddy for this! Much appreciated. I am in the same boat as you - I like pretty much all the colors but deep down I think I know I want to get one of the greens.

I think Forest Green looks a little classier, and would in no way look out of place adventuring either. Launch Green looks more unique, and contrasts better with the black roof (and black rims, if you go that route). I'm evenly balanced between the two, but the weight of another green ($) is tipping the balance towards Launch Green for me.

On wheels, I'm pretty much sold on going with the 20 ATs based on @DuckTruck 's experience and conversation with RJ during their event.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
1) I think the R1S suits LG as well or better than the R1T.
2) 20s all the way. You gain a lot with 20s, where the only thing you really gain with 22s is aesthetics, IMO.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

What do you all think of the R1S in LG? And, any opinion on the 22's vs 20's?
Great job with the shop! Did you think to try and mix the different wheel options in to help visualize?

I think Forest Green looks a little classier, and would in no way look out of place adventuring either. Launch Green looks more unique, and contrasts better with the black roof (and black rims, if you go that route). I'm evenly balanced between the two, but the weight of another green ($) is tipping the balance towards Launch Green for me.

My personal feeling is the LG looks really good with the black rims. 21 or 22s would depend on your desire to stick entirely on pavement.

I don't have LG as an option, but I think I'll be getting FG with the 20s. It's really grown on me, especially with the 20s.

Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
IMG_0742_2.jpeg

same here...this looks great and confirms why I picked LG...I love the look and size of the 22s, but switched to the 20s based on the recent videos and comments from @DuckTruck and others. I'm in Colorado and those 20s will be so much better in the snow and on dirt roads. I was concerned about road noise but that's been alleviated after seeing the interviews on rivian.stories. Seems like the 20s have very little trade off for tons more usability and the R1S will look more like an adventure vehicle and less like a Range Rover.

OP
OP
Matty J

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Thank your buddy for this! Much appreciated. I am in the same boat as you - I like pretty much all the colors but deep down I think I know I want to get one of the greens.

On wheels, I'm pretty much sold on going with the 20 ATs based on @DuckTruck 's experience and conversation with RJ during their event.
Agreed that the LG and black accents really make it, as it provides more contrast... Mountain Black interior, and black wheels are almost certainly needed with LG to me. But I prefer the style of the 20's with the grey and silver as opposed to the all black of the other. So, I'd need to powder coat.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But I prefer the style of the 20's with the grey and silver as opposed to the all black of the other. So, I'd need to powder coat.
I think you might find them dark enough in person that you might not need to go any darker.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Agreed that the LG and black accents really make it, as it provides more contrast... Mountain Black interior, and black wheels are almost certainly needed with LG to me. But I prefer the style of the 20's with the grey and silver as opposed to the all black of the other. So, I'd need to powder coat.
If you like the R1T 20s then you have flexibility - they are generally darker (have lots of greys) than the R1S 20s so you can wait and see how it looks before deciding on a powder coat.

I'm still holding on to an Ocean Coast interior - will need to see it all in person before deciding, because I agree that the Black interior will be the "sane" choice for this combination :D.

OP
OP
Matty J

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I think you might find them dark enough in person that you might not need to go any darker.
True... You're Red Canyon, and what 20's did you decide on?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder what the R1S black 20s would like like with this. I generally don't like the look of those 20s, but I definitely prefer the black rims with LG.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
True... You're Red Canyon, and what 20's did you decide on?
I'm currently Limestone (even though we haven't seen it yet), and I'll definitely be either that or Glacier White. I really like the black "R1S" 20s, but that price is ridiculous, and the grey "R1T" 20s have really grown on me and are my current selection.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If you’re getting a launch edition and choosing green, it should be launch green. If only because its a one and done colour.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Could you do it with the R1T 20s? ?

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

If you’re getting a launch edition and choosing green, it should be launch green. If only because its a one and done colour.
I want to get LG but my worry about LG is it is an one and done color. Any one have an idea about the availability of this paint in future? Will Rivian manufacture and sell this paint even after couple of years if we need to touchup or re-paint a panel?
Sponsored