Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, GLE 350, CBR 600RR
Occupation
Marketing Director
Clubs

I’ve searched around this forum and Reddit with no luck for information about just one car seat in an R1T. New baby on the way! Lots out there about R1S but no pictures or experience in the R1T. Anyone have any pictures or experience with a single baby car seat In an R1T? Brands that fit well? Easy to properly install and remove? Any issues? Thanks!
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
When Rivian gave me a T as a loaner when they worked on my S I was very surprised to find that the T had MORE space in the 2nd row for carseats than the S (with 2nd row all the way back) does.

If you are tall, you still probably won't want to sit in front of a rear facing car seat, but the T handles it better than the S does.

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
I have one. Works great on the T. I like putting the car seat behind passenger. Much easier to hand something to the kiddo or glance back there, etc.

portdirect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (QM), R1S (DM Large), EZGO RXV 48v
Occupation
Blinkenlight Hearder
We have an Evenflo 360 slim in the middle of the rear seats of our R1T - works really well. Tried a lot of seats in the Rivian that were simply too big, this one lets us have the front seats in an uncompromised position (I’m around 6’1”) and has worked great - letting us still get 4 adults in the truck. It’s also great that it’s got two positions while rear facing (one for sleeping and another more vertical) and in about 8 months we’ll be flipping it round so our kid can look out the front with us :)

Last edited:

buffaloNYR1T

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota Sienna Platinum (on way out)
Occupation
Tech Strategy
I've got the Graco slim fit 3 in 1 in my R1T. Have my son now forward facing behind me. Had to play with the front and car seat configs to get something that worked for me and him, but I noticed putting the front seat base higher up (make sure your steering wheel is calibrated to be able to go highest position) and then I can scootch the driver's seat forward a tad and then he and I have room. I also out seat back protectors on my seats as well to help with all the feet.

Note- I can also fit 2 other kids with boosters next to the car seat in the R1T back seat as well comfortably with this config! Loving the truck!

Sponsored

Ellsworthw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I had the nuna pipa rx lite with relx base with our daughter when she was a baby, rear facing obvi, behind passenger seat, fits no problem, switched to nuna revv as a convertible when she turned 1…def bigger, still rear facing, wife fits in Pass seat no problems, anyone taller than 6’ it will be tight in pass seat with the nuna revv - u can look up these dimensions in the manufacturers website

here’s the nuna revv pics front and back seat

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? IMG_5370

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? IMG_5371

Erikbecker

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanical engineer
I’ve searched around this forum and Reddit with no luck for information about just one car seat in an R1T. New baby on the way! Lots out there about R1S but no pictures or experience in the R1T. Anyone have any pictures or experience with a single baby car seat In an R1T? Brands that fit well? Easy to properly install and remove? Any issues? Thanks!
I've been using the Graco SnugRide car seat in my R1T, and it's been a winner. The adjustable base is super handy, making it a breeze to find the right angle for my little one. Plus, it's lightweight, making it hassle-free to move in and out of the R1T. The fabric is also easy to clean – perfect for dealing with those inevitable baby messes! The R1T interior is pretty roomy, so finding the right car seat shouldn't give you any trouble getting it all set up.

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D, Tesla MX 90D Unicorn, Rivian R1S
You'll want a Graco SlimFit LX or the non-LX version. It's compact so you'll get the most room for yourself and other passengers without breaking the bank. Many seat options out there, but we went with the SlimFit LX for best value of size and cost. You can run up to 3 across in the 2nd row with it or 2 across in the back of the R1S. It'll even rear face in the 3rd row of the R1S it's so small.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Best wishes!

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? 1706712403581

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? 1706712291847

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

When I first got my R1T my oldest was 1 and a half and was in a Graco 4Ever DLX in rear facing in the middle seat and we could comfortably fit 4 adults (me, wife, in-laws) in the car together with the car seat installed. Second child in a Chicco Keyfit 360 base + bassinet also fits in the middle or behind the passenger seat.

The real challenge with the T is fitting a front facing seat for a toddler, a rear facing bassinet, and an adult in the back seat together. You can do it, but it's pretty tight.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

We took delivery March '23 with our daughter being born May '23. We have a Clek Liing behind the passenger seat, and it fits great.. My wife typically sits in the front passenger seat, and has tons of leg room. Even with me in the seat, at 6'-2", I'm comfortable.

My daughter also seemingly enjoys the ride of the Rivian, even off road 😉

I have had my neice in the vehicle with a larger rear facing car seat, and it fit behind me in my driving position, not as roomy as an F150, but does the job without feeling cramped like a Tacoma.

Of the million photos I have of my T, this was the best I could come up with. Tailgate groves and frunk make great change tables!

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? IMG-20230528-WA0002

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? 20231220_081604

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? 20231220_080947

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? 20231119_080215

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I went cheap and it matches the color of the truck.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Car Seat Anyone? 1706718027131

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
We've got a Diono Radian 3RXT (https://store.diono.com/radian-3rxt-safeplus/) that has been flipped to forward facing behind the driver, and a Clek Fllo (https://clekinc.com/collections/convertible-seats/products/fllo?variant=12202828693579) that's still rear facing behind the passenger.

The seat protector for the Radian covers the back and the base, but it's not waterproof, so spills will leak through it a little. The Clek seat protector is silicone (rubber maybe?) but only covers the base, so until he turns around he'll be able to kick the back of the seat...

Both the Clek and Radian were easy to install rear facing using the belt or LATCH system, if you're moving between cars, I think I like the Radian a little more while rear facing because the Clek requires a little disassembly to get the straps/belts tightened down properly. Forward facing, the Radian is *not* fun to install. I have no experience with the Clek yet, but it takes a LOT of work to get it to feel secure, and the 'over the top' strap seems to really squish the headrest and I'm not sure if it'll recover fully by the time the carseat is gone.

They're both pretty easy to clean (we've already had to remove the cover on the Radian for a wash) and both of them have "infant inserts" to allow them to work down to a 5lb baby, up through a booster seat, so we were really hoping for a one-and-done car seat. No pics, as they're installed in the other vehicle at the moment. but the Clek looks a lot like this:

I had the nuna pipa rx lite with relx base with our daughter when she was a baby, rear facing obvi, behind passenger seat, fits no problem, switched to nuna revv as a convertible when she turned 1…def bigger, still rear facing, wife fits in Pass seat no problems, anyone taller than 6’ it will be tight in pass seat with the nuna revv - u can look up these dimensions in the manufacturers website

here’s the nuna revv pics front and back seat

IMG_5370.jpeg

IMG_5371.jpeg
Sponsored