First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
I really love the current headlights. I think that so many other car companies’ headlights blah and not unique. Rivian’s are instantly recognizable. I believe that any good car design will push the limits and the really good ones will change people’s definition of beauty. Give it time.
They are definitely unique.

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
I truly believing that if Rivian came out with a round headlight similar to the Jeep Wrangler they would have pulled a lot more customers. Everyone I talk to love the truck except for the headlights. I feel the same. Rivian please change them. If you do I will sell my Tesla and buy a Rivian.
I completely disagree. You probably need to find better people to talk to. Guess you're also stuck with your Tesla, so sorry.
….do you spend more time looking AT it, or IN it, looking out? If the headlights are a potential, dealbreaker for you..you don’t really want one.

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
Cool news: on a Consumer Appliance forum, it was leaked that Rivian is entering into the kitchen appliance industry..this was leaked. It HAS to be true..it was on that interweb thing!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Front Headlights Design Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 11.04.12 AM.jpe

OP
OP

Yungster1972

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
Agree, it's also an inexpensive way to be unique by using square, oval, triangle or whatever shape headlights. With 90% of all other headlights having a angry look (I guess people want others to think they're angry) it's a breath of fresh air. Hopefully Rivian keeps it as their unique signature and doesn't cave to the angry look crowd.
Not saying that is what they should go with. Does that look angry?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Front Headlights Design 1000004266

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I agree that the design is so so but I have moved passed it. Overall the best description I have heard is the front looks cartoonish. However community renderings of the R2 front look pretty good.

IMG_2299.jpeg
That looks amazing.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I respect that but you also try to design a car that people want to buy. I am not saying a full copy of the Jeep. Just not the alien shaped lights. Also, I heard they build up snow on them
Is…. No one buying Rivians?

OP
OP

Yungster1972

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
Is…. No one buying Rivians?
People are buying them. I just wonder if they would have more buyers if the design wasn't so different. There was a poll. 22% on this forum preferred the standard headlights. The question is did other 78% buy a Rivian because it has the unique stadium lights?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Front Headlights Design Rivian Poll.JPG

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The headlights have become Rivian's trade mark. I don't think that they will ever change it, and they probably should not. I love Opal just the way she is. She appears to be always thinking things over.

Brian

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Front Headlights Design DSC_0050.JPG

Mooeymoose

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
MD
Let’s hope Rivian can make the signature style of the rivian look great more like the community rendering because I do feel that looks more mature and elegant.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.