Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
So Pangea Green ?

1628399875319.png

1628399886473.png

1628399910144.png
this Is also darker in person.

and it’s a crime thst Land Rover doesn’t do the new defender in conniston green or racing green etc.

barsaec

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I had to change my R1S from LE Green to Yellow. I didn't realize it was a flat grey. Too similar to Toyota colors.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I had to change my R1S from LE Green to Yellow. I didn't realize it was a flat grey. Too similar to Toyota colors.
Looks like nonmetallic olive green. Gotta see it in person before making a final decision, I think.

Sponsored

Bloodypiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
To the folk that have seen LG in person. Are there any current production vehicles with a close approximation of the color? I see the Land Rover Pangea Green above me, is it close? Also, is it metallic?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Colors or more specifically how we see colors is subjective. So one person sees green while another sees grey. For me LG does look both green and grey. Like most colors the tone of the color will change with lighting. And since we haven’t seen these on the road it’s going to be hard to get a true sense of these colors and tones.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I saw an Audi in “District Green” on the road the other day. It’s sort of what I’d imagined for Launch Green (since all I can do is imagine it ?).

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green R1T Seen (Confirmed) in More Official Videos: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (IG Stories) 1628486455383

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I saw and Audi in “District Green” on the road the other day. It sort of what I’d imagined for Launch Green (since all I can do is imagine it ?).

1628486455383.jpeg
There's one in my neighborhood that I've been thinking the same as well. It will be interesting to see how close it matches.

Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
When I preordered my R1T, I picked limestone. But after seeing these photos of launch green, I maybe the switch. Still hope to see them both in person before I confirm my order.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I chatted with CS today to see what I could find out/confirm about launch green. Nuggets that may or may not be useful to others:

-Rep had seen LG in person as well as the recent photos shared here from the event Ducktruck was at, and reiterated that the photos posted here are much closer to what it actually looks like than what is shown in the configurator

-He/She also described the paint as being more flat than it is metallic, but with a small hint of metallic still visible

-He/She pointed to the Insta Story video of LG being extremely close to what it actually looks like in different lighting.

-He/She has seen Limestone in person, and described it as being similar in "tone" to LA silver, but with an overall flatter/less metallic feel to it.

I have switched, for now, to Launch Green, while keeping Limestone at the top of my list of other options.

PS. My personal hope is that LG is a less metallic version of Porsche's Aventurine Green.

Last edited:

szimmer624

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Summit - Hemi, Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
Occupation
Self-Employed
I chatted with CS today to see what I could find out/confirm about launch green. Nuggets that may or may not be useful to others:

-Rep had seen LG in person as well as the recent photos shared here from the event Ducktruck was at, and reiterated that the photos posted here are much closer to what it actually looks like than what is shown in the configurator

-He/She also described the paint as being more flat than it is metallic, but with a small hint of metallic still visible

-He/She pointed to the Insta Story video of LG being extremely close to what it actually looks like in different lighting.

-He/She has seen Limestone in person, and described it as being similar in "tone" to LA silver, but with an overall flatter/less metallic feel to it.

I have switched, for now, to Launch Green, while keeping Limestone at the top of my list of other options.

PS. My personal hope is that LG is a less metallic version of Porsche's Aventurine Green.
Any word about ocean being powder blue instead of white/grey as in the photos?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S