Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Launch green looks NOTHING like the configurator. Way lighter. What a bummer.
looks Like one of those “have to see it in the metal” colours.
I have a grey car. In every press picture, and the online configurator, it looked like light grey primer. In person? Much darker, with a blue tint. Looks great.

i‘d bet launch green is much greener in person. It doesn’t appear to be a metallic colour.

renderings as used in car configurators are never bang on. Theyre at best an approximation. Everyone’s display is calibrated differently etc. colour grading is a pain.

the only way to accurately view any paint colour is in person, in a variety of light settings.
it would be nice if rivian had colour samples to send out to people.

Or, if their paint codes were available I’d just get a bodyshop to paint a sample piece. Since most of their colours are metallic, they will be very changeable based on lighting conditions.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Ocean Coast interior from the recent event.
1628342168913.png
I don't know why, but I had in my head that the dash would be the same color as the seats. I'm glad it's a black dash, and black lower door panels. That makes the light wood color make a lot more sense. I think that's the option I will likely go with.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I don't know why, but I had in my head that the dash would be the same color as the seats. I'm glad it's a black dash, and black lower door panels. That makes the light wood color make a lot more sense. I think that's the option I will likely go with.
The early prototypes (back when they called this color scheme Lunar Rock) had the lighter dash cap, you weren't imagining things. And I agree, the black dash cap looks better, should result in less glare on the windshield, and likely provides Rivian an opportunity to simplify and reduce costs.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I'm just saying, it's much lighter than I was hoping.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 7.52.30 AM

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 1.15.59 PM

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm just saying, it's much lighter than I was hoping.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 7.52.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 1.15.59 PM.png
It‘s definitely lighter in pictures than the renders on the configurator. If you adjust the real-life picture to match the contrast to thst of the rendering, it is noticeably darker.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Launch green looks NOTHING like the configurator. Way lighter. What a bummer.
NashvilleR1S,

Don't be fooled by my indoor pics. That is under some bright lights that are reflecting back towards the camera. Check out the outdoor pics I believe RJ himself may have posted. It looks much darker in the wild.

Give it another chance before moving on. Don't be Launch Green with envy or regret! ?

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
Your couple days at the factory is causing quite a lot of envy. Looks like you really enjoyed yourself. I especially like the color of the Launch Green as seen on the indoor pictures. I initially was going to go for that color, but didn't like the darker and brownish tint I saw in the renderings. I instead went for the Rivian Blue. I need to see that though now as some of the pictures are very light and the Blue I would like as dark as any of the pictures I have seen to date. From your personal observation, was the blue a darker color outside? What is the best, most representative color that you can compare to? If the Blue is not dark enough, I may switch to the Launch Green - if it is as light as it appears. Decisions decisions.
Sponsored