First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eTron GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
Yes, I don't understand why so many people compare the Rivian R1T with a Ford F150 or Ram1500.

Those are pickup trucks, the R1T is an "Adventure Vehicle". The R1T is NOT trying to replace everyone's construction site F150.

FYI. My long wheelbase F150 never fits in a parking space with sticking way out. The Rivian might be the perfect, Goldilocks sized vehicle....
I am one of those, comparing them that is. After months of looking around, I narrowed my choices to two vehicles: F150 Raptor and Rivian R1. I want an adventure vehicle, but I want one that will accommodate all of the family (3 humans and 3 dogs).

I really am attracted to Rivian, want the electric power, don't want to drive a dinosaur, and it is the perfect size on the outside. However, the backspace of the F150 is winning right now, so very unfortunately. I just cannot make a decision, but thankfully I don't have to make one yet, just dreading the day I have to :(
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Safe to assume this isn’t targeted at me? All I did was share a photo and an observation based on that photo. I neither complained nor claimed that Rivian made any sort of mistake. Nor did I suggest they make vehicles of different sizes/features.

My goodness, I just don’t understand this forum sometimes.
Not aimed at you, just a general comment.

Pretty much every topic winds up with someone saying how Rivian should have done (or do) something differently.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I am one of those, comparing them that is. After months of looking around, I narrowed my choices to two vehicles: F150 Raptor and Rivian R1. I want an adventure vehicle, but I want one that will accommodate all of the family (3 humans and 3 dogs).

I really am attracted to Rivian, want the electric power, don't want to drive a dinosaur, and it is the perfect size on the outside. However, the backspace of the F150 is winning right now, so very unfortunately. I just cannot make a decision, but thankfully I don't have to make one yet, just dreading the day I have to :(
I keep building a RAM TRX and debating if it would be more fun? It will be one of the last performance gas burning trucks I think.

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
I keep building a RAM TRX and debating if it would be more fun? It will be one of the last performance gas burning trucks I think.
A friend of mine has a TRX and it is everything you hope it to be. It is for sale if interested at $95ish. He has had it for 6mo, and it's really just a toy for him. After driving the TRX, you can't go back to a Raptor, it really is that much more fun, and I'm a Ford guy.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I swear if the first publicized delivery is that damned yellow, my head will explode.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Um don't @DuckTruck's photos belong here?! Though I'm not sure he believes being at the event was real yet.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Launch green…omg…already switched back

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Of course @kanundrum beat me to the news in a separate post... smh
Go check out the page for the pre orders who got to drive it. One of our own shares some photos of launch green there as well.
Sponsored