First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gmc Denali diesel, Jeep Wrangler, 1969 Corvette
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
We live closest to the proposed Williamsburg NYC showroom. From my experience in commercial real estate in that area, no one signs a lease without an opening target date in mind. Given that the "Preorder" seems to be a non binding letter of intent, I'd like to see a physical product in order to finalize my decision. I think its reasonable for Rivian to provide some sort of timing on these showroom locations.
I'm also anxious to place a real order as this vehicle meets my exact design intent and needs. Also the structure of the company (private with a prudent and motivated CEO) seems perfect to get the job done.
Stay Healthy,
Larry
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
In-person test drives are much more likely to occur before any showroom openings. That will likely be the quickest/earliest way to experience the vehicles in person. I would not expect for Rivian to put hard dates on opening their experience centers until much later this year.

PS. We're all very anxious to place our orders.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

We live closest to the proposed Williamsburg NYC showroom. From my experience in commercial real estate in that area, no one signs a lease without an opening target date in mind. Given that the "Preorder" seems to be a non binding letter of intent, I'd like to see a physical product in order to finalize my decision. I think its reasonable for Rivian to provide some sort of timing on these showroom locations.
I'm also anxious to place a real order as this vehicle meets my exact design intent and needs. Also the structure of the company (private with a prudent and motivated CEO) seems perfect to get the job done.
Stay Healthy,
Larry
Larry,

Amen, Brother! You are preaching to the choir! I agree with all you said. Except, of course, I'm nowhere close to NYC, but you get my point....

Thanks and let's pray for early openings, on-time deleiveries and/or factory visits-vehicle pickups, since we're talking in religious terms.

"I have seen the light! And it is Launch Green! Halaleua!"

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

No showrooms will be open prior to LE's being released based off of permits, buiding status etc. I am guessing July/August for the first show rooms (Laguna/NYC/Chicacgo)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hey! A guy can dream and pray, can't he?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Larry3x2

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gmc Denali diesel, Jeep Wrangler, 1969 Corvette
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thanks all!
Here's my plan: See and or drive an R1T with my adult sons, we walk to Peter Luger's Steakhouse, then wire transfer funds to Rivian (assuming they'll accept an actual order).
My wife's conspicuous absence is because she knows I can be a reckless early adopter.
Larry

Zeppelinpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima
I live very close to the NYC location and took a walk by the place the other day. Plan on taking many more walks by there in the months to come.

There was absolutely nothing going on there the other day. I will way this though, I doubt they would have to do A LOT of work. Its a large, mostly finished retail space. I have no idea if there is a way to bring cars in/out right now. maybe they will have to make some modifications in that regard.
Sponsored