DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

there is a hot underground market for aero wheel covers.. also tire valve stem caps. LOCK THEM DOWN! ?
Even in these uncertain times, I'm willing to bet that not one Rivian owner will ever have their catalytic converter stolen. Any takers?
Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

Even in these uncertain times, I'm willing to bet that not one Rivian owner will ever have their catalytic converter stolen. Any takers?
Imagine. Robber slides under the Rivian and sees nothing but a smooth bottom. Goes WTH. Then goes back to his buddies. Who don't believe him and then also slide under. All get caught on RAC (Rivian Adventure Cam).

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

OK.... I'll say it.... Can this be Launch Green under the wrap?

Seriously, unsure if that's a 100% coverage wrap or a pattern placed on top of the paint that shows through it many places, especially over the "lightning bolts". Really doubt that can be Forest Green because these are daytime / sunshine photos and not a hint of the dazzle green sparkle that FG takes in the sun.

If it is, then I'm still keen on launch green.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Seriously, unsure if that's a 100% coverage wrap or a pattern placed on top of the paint that shows through it many places, especially over the "lightning bolts". Really doubt that can be Forest Green because these are daytime / sunshine photos and not a hint of the dazzle green sparkle that FG takes in the sun.

I would say its a full wrap, the idea of printing a clear/non clear combination of vinyl PPF sounds like a lot of work for the PPF printer though it could be done.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I would say its a full wrap, the idea of printing a clear/non clear combination of vinyl PPF sounds like a lot of work for the PPF printer though it could be done.
A partial pattern wrap is definitely do-able. I put 'black mud splatter' on a Toy FJCruiser and the black patterns were spaced apart on a clear backing. Some of the spots were small, like the size of a quarter. So it can be done that way for sure.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos FJC

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

I recall a photo on here where we saw Rivian blue interior door panels under a wrap of this style. I do not think it is a transparent wrap.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the dark green color in this wrap is a close approximation of what Launch Green will look like on the R1T.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
I am waiting to see how many people will be like "I don't like launch green" when it's actually revealed ? ?

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
It is something you have missed. The carbon fiber inserts have been on the silver R1T since it was on the show circuit in LA back in November of 2018. They have shown it without it as well and most recently on the configurator and ALL of the trucks driving around currently w/ the 20s do NOT have the inserts installed.

If you just google 20" Rivian wheels you will see too many photos of the carbon fiber inserts.
Well, here's some more information from a chat (below) that states this will only be available on the 21" wheels. That seems real to me as I haven't seen any 20" wheels with inserts on the pre-production vehicles since 9/2020.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1616517922684
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1616517945952

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Via Twitter

ExKxk22UYAA8Ixb.jpg

ExKxk21VcAAAibb.jpg

ExKxk22VgAIyJJt.jpg

ExKxk21U8AIfSLd.jpg
I'm hoping to find out where these pics were captured and by whom? I see they're from Twitter but would love to know where this famous R1T with RIVAR on the roof was sighted. Was this put out by a company employee to tease us and continue to stir the consternation about "What the heck does Launch Green look like, and does it even really exist?"

Or, did someone stop for a snack, and on their way out of the store, spotted this camouflaged unicorn, stuck their chips and water on the tonneau cover, snapped a few quick pics and then fled before being chased away by the driver?

So many questions........This suspense is driving me (and I suspect, others) crazy!

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Well, here's some more information from a chat (below) that states this will only be available on the 21" wheels. That seems real to me as I haven't seen any 20" wheels with inserts on the pre-production vehicles since 9/2020.
Who was the rep? I asked the same question yesterday and they had NO additional information. Not in the sense that there would be NO inserts but they did not know and were currently awaiting a response. I would grain handful of salt any of that. We know from pics that both the 20s and 21s have had inserts both installed and removed.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
A partial pattern wrap is definitely do-able. I put 'black mud splatter' on a Toy FJCruiser and the black patterns were spaced apart on a clear backing. Some of the spots were small, like the size of a quarter. So it can be done that way for sure.

FJC.jpg
Slightly different... That's a solid color vinyl that is cut on special machine that cuts away the parts of the pattern that are not desired.

The wraps Rivian does appear to be white vinyl with an inkjet print.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Who was the rep? I asked the same question yesterday and they had NO additional information. Not in the sense that there would be NO inserts but they did not know and were currently awaiting a response. I would grain handful of salt any of that. We know from pics that both the 20s and 21s have had inserts both installed and removed.
I'd like to think they'll be making these for all three wheel sizes, if the improvements in aerodynamics are real. Furthermore, why the coyness about confirming their existence? This isn't like confirming or denying that all Rivians will be propelled by Cold Fusion, it's about whether or not our Rivians will come with 20 plastic (or "Carbon Fiber", if it makes anyone feel better) inserts when we pick them up at the factory in early June. And yes, I mean early June OF THIS YEAR!

Oh yeah, will they be available in Launch Green?

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Agreed and definitely taken with a heart attack inducing handful of salt. And don't get me wrong, I'm all for the inserts. I'll be removing them anytime I'm not on a road trip, but I'd still rather they be provided.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm hoping to find out where these pics were captured and by whom? I see they're from Twitter but would love to know where this famous R1T with RIVAR on the roof was sighted. Was this put out by a company employee to tease us and continue to stir the consternation about "What the heck does Launch Green look like, and does it even really exist?"

Or, did someone stop for a snack, and on their way out of the store, spotted this camouflaged unicorn, stuck their chips and water on the tonneau cover, snapped a few quick pics and then fled before being chased away by the driver?

So many questions........This suspense is driving me (and I suspect, others) crazy!
I'm guessing Southern California. There is another picture on a different forum of this truck on Robnar Drive in Berverly Hills.
Sponsored