Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I think my vin 1577 failed QC or some one backed out..
Mine hasn’t left the factory yet (or so the guide claims) and it’s 11XX.

VINs don’t need to be sequential or gap free. They haven’t been at Tesla for years.
Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Config confirmation email was 11/21
8 steps email 11/22, Guide contact was 11/22
took me a bit with trade in stuff, and photos for Registration
VIN appeared in app 11/23
Guide notified me about transpo later on 11/23 "3-5 week lead time until it arrives at the service center"
Then Guide updated me that it had arrived at Service center on 11/28 citing "scheudeling team will reach out to you in the next 1-2 weeks,"
Next from Guide was "by the end of next week you should hear from our delivery team" THIS morning (12/1)
The email that it's ready for delivery came this afternoon at 5:23p (12/1)
Then a text from the Service center updating me the first available delivery day is Tuesday (12/6).

My window went from Jan-Dec 2023, to mid December (transpo) to contact from service center around the end of next week (Service center), to ready for TUESDAY pickup.

I think they are now putting out conservative estimates, and under promising. GET READY. :)
I believe you're spot-on with the "get ready" suggestion. I called my guide yesterday to check in. She said she has a hold on a vin for me with my exact config for probably late January delivery, but she's still trying to fulfill my request for a December purchase if she can find me an R1S with a similar config that I can drive or fly to pick up...

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Delivery at my house set for Tuesday 10am! IT'S HAPPENING.

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
Picked ours up today at the Brooklyn SC. What an odd place to have a Rivian center (Very industry wasteland vibe). Regardless, the place was packed, stacked, surrounded with T's and S's. They had just received a shipment this past week, and as I was get my walk-thru on my S, another truckload showed up...blocking traffic. Lol. Our assistant said that probably brings the number to '100' onsite. I didn't see 100 but there was not an empty space, sidewalk, or space without a Rivian occupying It.

Though it was busy, they gave us the proper attention to look over the S and go thru all the setup etc. No rushing at all and very nice and thoughtful (Tips hat to Adena). All the panels were aligned well. Only two issues, a minor paint issue by hood and a broken plastic bolt cover under second row seat (I thought it was a release latch) . They did a paint repair right there and replaced the plastic piece.

The drive home was wonderful (though a long day). Driver+ worked well even in the rain. Two key cards, one carabiner, and one wrist key. Definitely end of quarter push, but didn't feel like 'another number'.

With all the Ts and Ss there, I expect many smiling faces for Christmas. Hope all my early pre-order forum-mates get theirs asap. All the other persons taking delivery there were late 2018, early 2019 orders. 👍🏻

1315 days from order to 'delivery'. Solid, great fit and finish, luxury feel...the drive home has initially convinced me it was worth the wait...commence the permagrin (as first coined by @DuckTruck)

PS-1st tune I played was Limelight by Rush. ...2nd was Iron Man by Black Sabbath. Had my playlist for the drive home. 😎

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 39B696EE-87B8-46B4-9BFC-0FED4B6924CF

Last edited:

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Picked ours up today at the Brooklyn SC. What an odd place to have a Rivian center (Very industry wasteland vibe). Regardless, the place was packed, stacked, surrounded with T's and S's. They had just received a shipment this past week, and as I was get my walk-thru on my S, another truckload showed up...blocking traffic. Lol. Our assistant said that probably brings the number to '100' onsite. I didn't see 100 but there was not an empty space, sidewalk, or space without a Rivian occupying It.

Though it was busy, they gave us the proper attention to look over the S and go thru all the setup etc. No rushing at all and very nice and thoughtful (Tips hat to Adena). All the panels were aligned well. Only two issues, a minor paint issue by hood and a broken plastic bolt cover under second row seat (I thought it was a release latch) . They did a paint repair right there and replaced the plastic piece.

The drive home was wonderful (though a long day). Driver+ worked well even in the rain. Two key cards, one carabiner, and one wrist key. Definitely end of quarter push, but didn't feel like 'another number'.

1315 days from order to 'delivery'. Solid, great fit and finish, luxury feel...the drive home has initially convinced me it was worth the wait...commence the permagrin (as first coined by @DuckTruck)

39B696EE-87B8-46B4-9BFC-0FED4B6924CF.jpeg
Congrats Dave!! Thanks for sharing. Question- is your model gear still 2022 or are the VINs reflecting 2023 model year yet?

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 5ACDBA3B-7E5D-4955-9BF5-425655F731E8

Sponsored

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
Rivian trade in was too low so I'm cleaning up thy FJ and will start marketing it.
The offer I received this week was way too low as well. Used car market is falling and they must be trying to over compensate for that.
I was contacted for the first time on Friday and assigned a guide, VIN and 8 step all at once. The R1S is fully charged and ready to ship at the factory. It will go via truck, since we're in Illinois. I had been moved to Jan/Feb but it seems pretty likely that the delivery will occur pretty soon. Would anyone have an idea of how long the SC inspection process normally takes?

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats Dave!! Thanks for sharing. Question- is your model gear still 2022 or are the VINs reflecting 2023 model year yet?

@mike813 - my ViN is 'N', a 2022 model year.

Sponsored

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired
Crickets, processing state

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Confirmed configuration on November 11 along with being assigned a guide. Absolutely zero movement and no eight steps since then.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
FWIW
Order 3/2019
guide contact 11/28/22
8 step opened 11/28/22
6 of 8 completed 12/1/22 (waiting for delivery date to wire funds)

Last edited:

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW
Order 3/2019
guide contact 11/28/22
8 step opened 11/28/22
6 of 8 completed 12/1/22 (waiting for delivery date to wire funds)
I think you'll have it around Christmas. 🎄
when it is ready at the SC, the time is short.

LazarusTaxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ60, XC90
can anyone confirm delivery or VIN assigned for an R1S with forest edge interior? I've seen a bunch of Ts, but no Ss.
Sponsored