Sponsored

Vancouver First Mile demo booked!

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
While checking my account for the Nth time today, I saw a new calendar icon pop up. It was the first mile booking section! I never got an email about it though, but I was able to fully book a demo drive coming up in a few weeks!

Proof:

Rivian R1T R1S Vancouver First Mile demo booked! Screenshot_20221129-174757
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
None yet here either. Will set a reminder in my calendar to nag you in a couple weeks

Sponsored

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I reached out to Rivian and the response was that they are hoping to start them in December (obviously confirmed by the OP!) and they are prioritizing by delivery date and will roll it out accordingly. Seems reasonable and logical.

hroussel

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 perf, (R1T DMP reserved)
While checking my account for the Nth time today, I saw a new calendar icon pop up. It was the first mile booking section! I never got an email about it though, but I was able to fully book a demo drive coming up in a few weeks!

Proof:
OK so did the demo drive happened? Just curious how it went!

OP
OP

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
OK so did the demo drive happened? Just curious how it went!
It didn't. They cancelled it at the last minute due to the shite weather we have here. Apparently none of the roads downtown were plowed. They've also bungled up rescheduling my demo drive so now I have no idea if I'll even get a chance to get a demo in before buying.

Speaking of which, they can't even give me a straight answer on if my Jan/Feb timing is even accurate anymore. I'm getting tired of the mixed messages their CS is handing out. Am I supposed to get a VIN assigned before a guide? Is a guide supposed to be assigned to me before I get my confirm email? I've talked to multiple reps and all are giving me different answers.

The conspiracy nut in me is wondering if all this BS is because I'm a pre-price-hike order and they're trying to get me to cancel. It's almost working...

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It didn't. They cancelled it at the last minute due to the shite weather we have here. Apparently none of the roads downtown were plowed. They've also bungled up rescheduling my demo drive so now I have no idea if I'll even get a chance to get a demo in before buying.

Speaking of which, they can't even give me a straight answer on if my Jan/Feb timing is even accurate anymore. I'm getting tired of the mixed messages their CS is handing out. Am I supposed to get a VIN assigned before a guide? Is a guide supposed to be assigned to me before I get my confirm email? I've talked to multiple reps and all are giving me different answers.

The conspiracy nut in me is wondering if all this BS is because I'm a pre-price-hike order and they're trying to get me to cancel. It's almost working...
Pretty sure they only have one customer service person/guide for all of canada right now….which to Rivian is just lower mainland BC 😬

I bet your Jan/Feb window slips.

OP
OP

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Pretty sure they only have one customer service person/guide for all of canada right now….which to Rivian is just lower mainland BC 😬

I bet your Jan/Feb window slips.
I wouldn't be surprised if it slips TBH. Here's a nugget of information that I got from the rep who called me to inform me the drive was cancelled though. Apparently the SC in Richmond doesn't yet have the approval to start deliveries yet. They've been waiting on that for a while now it seems. Employee deliveries have been happening out of the Homer Street location for the time being.

Grain of salt and all that, but it was a bit of an eye-opener.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wouldn't be surprised if it slips TBH. Here's a nugget of information that I got from the rep who called me to inform me the drive was cancelled though. Apparently the SC in Richmond doesn't yet have the approval to start deliveries yet. They've been waiting on that for a while now it seems. Employee deliveries have been happening out of the Homer Street location for the time being.

Grain of salt and all that, but it was a bit of an eye-opener.
They probsbly don’t have their dealership license yet. Which is crazy.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I doubt they are trying to purposefully mislead you or get you to cancel. I would say it is the opposite in your case because they need the visual marketing exposure you will provide a new area, which is priceless to them. I would more likely say they have some roadblocks being new they are working through and want to provide you with an amazing experience they just aren’t there yet. Understand it is challenging and difficult to wait so long.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I doubt they are trying to purposefully mislead you or get you to cancel. I would say it is the opposite in your case because they need the visual marketing exposure you will provide a new area, which is priceless to them. I would more likely say they have some roadblocks being new they are working through and want to provide you with an amazing experience they just aren’t there yet. Understand it is challenging and difficult to wait so long.
Rivian has absolutely shit the bed when it comes to the Canadian market.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
No arguments there my dude but they didn’t abandon the Canadian market and they are trying. I hope they get you guys a product you can enjoy with good service, it won’t be perfect but they are great.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Guess they don't have enough confidence in snow mode?

Sorry to hear this, that's disappointing. Hang in there, it'll get sorted. Eventually.
Sponsored