Sponsored

R1S - Real Life Cargo Example

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Today I had an opportunity to give the cargo capacity of the R1S a bit of a test. Did some yard cleanup and needed to make a trip to the local transfer station to get rid of some stuff. Perhaps not the most glorious duty for such a noble vehicle but certainly a practical one. Once again the design of this vehicle has surpassed my expectations. Packed in 15 'yard sized' garbage bags (some totally full, some not) and some big boxes and carboard with no problems whatsoever. If I had chosen to use the frunk and if I had the inclination to pack more aggressively (didn't want to so as not to risk damaging the interior) I honestly think I could have doubled this number. Just wanted to let this community know for those looking for 'real world' examples of cargo capacity. A few photos below...

Rivian R1T R1S R1S - Real Life Cargo Example 20221104_125419
Rivian R1T R1S R1S - Real Life Cargo Example 20221104_125353
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

All right!!! as long as you PPF'd the entire vehicle inside and out.... 😉

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Today I had an opportunity to give the cargo capacity of the R1S a bit of a test. Did some yard cleanup and needed to make a trip to the local transfer station to get rid of some stuff. Perhaps not the most glorious duty for such a noble vehicle but certainly a practical one. Once again the design of this vehicle has surpassed my expectations. Packed in 15 'yard sized' garbage bags (some totally full, some not) and some big boxes and carboard with no problems whatsoever. If I had chosen to use the frunk and if I had the inclination to pack more aggressively (didn't want to so as not to risk damaging the interior) I honestly think I could have doubled this number. Just wanted to let this community know for those looking for 'real world' examples of cargo capacity. A few photos below...

20221104_125419.jpg
20221104_125353.jpg

Why am I so cringing that you are using $100k ESUV as a garbage hauler :surprised::CWL:
Sponsored