Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I’m gonna be that guy.

I received my truck back in May and I’m ~6.5 hours to the closest SC. Preorder April ‘19. I’ve been lucky and it’s only had to have one SC visit. Rivian picked up and then returned the truck in 4 days, including a weekend. Keep the faith!
You sure are. The story of my life: when it's my turn, they change the rules.

Brian
Sponsored

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Yes, Rivian is now being a little more transparent. I wish that they had been that way several years ago. They should have told me a long time ago that since I live more than 300 miles from any big city, my chances of actually getting an R1T are slim to none. If I had known this two or three years ago, I would have seriously considered taking a run at the Ford Lightning or the Electric Silverado and could have been one of the early adopters with Ford or GM.

This latest turn of events now has me wondering if my price point will hold until Rivian expands to less populated areas. I may well be looking at several more years before I am able to get a truck.

We are also disappointed that Rivian has little or no regard for the fact that we were one of their very earliest adopters. In their letter, Rivian makes it clear that preorder date is meaningless compared to where we live.

Brian
Actually I thought I read somewhere that a Pensacola service center was planned for 2023. I am a April 2019 order holder and have been given the exact same line as you on several occasions now. I'm from the New Orleans area Which is definitely not a rural area. Actually a new Tesla supercharger is about to go online about 1/4 mile from my driveway. I have been patient up to this point but I know of 3 people that live wit 15 miles of my house that have already taken delivery. However I will continue to look on the bright side, let all the very early bugs get worked out but looming ever closer is my Cybertruck reservation. If Tesla really produces a compelling truck at a reasonable price I may be putting that new supercharger to work instead. Anyway these are supposed to be adventure vehicles. Only fitting that many of your customers will either live or spend a bunch of time out in the boonies.

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Actually I thought I read somewhere that a Pensacola service center was planned for 2023. I am a April 2019 order holder and have been given the exact same line as you on several occasions now. I'm from the New Orleans area Which is definitely not a rural area. Actually a new Tesla supercharger is about to go online about 1/4 mile from my driveway. I have been patient up to this point but I know of 3 people that live wit 15 miles of my house that have already taken delivery. However I will continue to look on the bright side, let all the very early bugs get worked out but looming ever closer is my Cybertruck reservation. If Tesla really produces a compelling truck at a reasonable price I may be putting that new supercharger to work instead. Anyway these are supposed to be adventure vehicles. Only fitting that many of your customers will either live or spend a bunch of time out in the boonies.
I hope that you are right about a Pensacola Service Center. I can't help but think that Pensacola is a little too backwater for Rivian. I guess we'll see if this comes to pass.

Brian

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I'm 4 hours from Atlanta (my closest Rivian service center), I guess maybe I am ruled out of getting my R1S? I wonder if I should change my address to Atlanta and then back to my home address right at delivery.
I too am 4 hours away from the Atlanta service center, yet my truck is there right now just waiting on a part so it can be delivered hopefully next Friday.

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I too am 4 hours away from the Atlanta service center, yet my truck is there right now just waiting on a part so it can be delivered hopefully next Friday.
I guess four hours is OK, but five hours is unacceptable.

Brian

Sponsored

JOSH565

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 BMW 550i/ 97 Land Rover Range Rover/ 21 MachE
Occupation
Maintenance
Clubs

I'm sure here in Hawaii we will be waiting awhile. In a couple of weeks when they update our accounts with delivery estimates we'll know more. I've heard of a couple of trucks spotted on Oahu, probably took delivery west coast somewhere, and shipped them here themselves. Would suck to have something go wrong here with no service center in Hawaii yet. Would be nice to get a service center here, maybe next year? Anyone here anything?

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I'm sure here in Hawaii we will be waiting awhile. In a couple of weeks when they update our accounts with delivery estimates we'll know more. I've heard of a couple of trucks spotted on Oahu, probably took delivery west coast somewhere, and shipped them here themselves. Would suck to have something go wrong here with no service center in Hawaii yet. Would be nice to get a service center here, maybe next year? Anyone here anything?

I reached out to Rivian after a few friends texted me photos of a white R1T at Ala Moana and screenshots of a green R1T posted on Facebook marketplace. Both had Hawaii EV plates on them so they must have been here for some time. Curious to see what Rivian says. I ordered mine Nov 2018 and was among the first several thousand reservations.

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
We have just received a letter from the Rivian Customer Engagement Center. We had inquired as to why we had not received an invitation into the R1 Shop. We had also asked why we did not have a guide assigned as we were one of the very earliest adopters on November 28, 2018.

We were told that our preorder date was meaningless because we live in a very rural area, hundreds of miles from any of the Rivian Service Centers. The letter went on to say that Rivian is prioritizing deliveries to customers in or near major cities where Rivian has service infrastructure in place.

Reading between the lines, We think that we are being told that our order may never be filled as there will always be orders in big cities to be filled first.

We are very bummed about this turn of events. I have attached the letter from Rivian for everyone to look at.

Brian
This is potentially disappointing since I live right down the road from you.

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

This is potentially disappointing since I live right down the road from you.
Please keep us posted on your progress. You may actually get a truck. We are beginning to think that we are being put aside by Rivian for having the audacity to question their methods. Now they are telling us in writing that our account has been flagged because we had the nerve to put the Factory address as our delivery point. They have changed our delivery address back to our home address.

On the configuration summary sheet, it asked where you would like to have your Rivian delivered not what is your home address.

Brian

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Please keep us posted on your progress. You may actually get a truck. We are beginning to think that we are being put aside by Rivian for having the audacity to question their methods. Now they are telling us in writing that our account has been flagged because we had the nerve to put the Factory address as our delivery point. They have changed our delivery address back to our home address.

On the configuration summary sheet, it asked where you would like to have your Rivian delivered not what is your home address.

Brian
I did reserve much later than you. January 22. I have seen two near Eglin AFB. One ElCap one white

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I’m sure there are more than a few Rivian field service technicians willing to take the gruelling assignment of being sent to Hawaii on a service call 😬

JOSH565

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
Clubs

I reached out to Rivian after a few friends texted me photos of a white R1T at Ala Moana and screenshots of a green R1T posted on Facebook marketplace. Both had Hawaii EV plates on them so they must have been here for some time. Curious to see what Rivian says. I ordered mine Nov 2018 and was among the first several thousand reservations.
I just ordered mine before the price increase, I'm prepared for the long wait. Yourself and others have been waiting for almost four years, you have already waited a long time. I seen a map somewhere, I think on a youtube video, that showed future service centers around the country, Oahu had a little red dot on it. No idea when that is planned, next year would be nice.

JOSH565

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
Clubs

I’m sure there are more than a few Rivian field service technicians willing to take the gruelling assignment of being sent to Hawaii on a service call 😬
That's funny you say that. I live on the small island of Lanai just off Maui, and I was waiting for our boat to take us home. A guy was walking by and said "nice hat", I was wearing a rivian logo hat. He had a fishing pole in hand and was continuing to walk by with his friend. I asked if he had a truck on order, he turned back to me with a smile and said "I work for them", while pointing to the rivian shirt he was wearing. He turned away and kept on walking. I had so many questions, and he was gone. Not sure if he was here for a future service center, or just on vacation. I'd like to hope it is the former.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Saw these heading to Bellevue yesterday at noon on I-90, Check out the R1S :involve:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivians Are Not Avaiable in All Areas IMG_5046

Rivian R1T R1S Rivians Are Not Avaiable in All Areas IMG_5047

Rivian R1T R1S Rivians Are Not Avaiable in All Areas IMG_5048

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Saw these heading to Bellevue yesterday at noon on I-90, Check out the R1S :involve:

IMG_5046.jpeg

IMG_5047.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg

Are those TWO limestone R1Ts with 20" ATs headed to my potential SC? Brb internally screaming.
Sponsored